Taylor Swift...

1,864 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Frok
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
...apparently dated church at some point.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
747Ag
AG
wut
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Who?
barbacoa taco
AG
great thread. would read again.
BonfireNerd04
Did you get this joke from Ben Shapiro?

94chem
One lost soul going after another one. Even before the obvious narcissism and lack of self-awareness took over, I kinda felt sorry for Swift. I can't imagine living a life where you can never get away enough to have a private life, a thought to yourself, a contemplation of mortality, an authentic relationship...how can you ever be anything other than an automaton?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
94chem
I had no idea who Ben Shapiro was. I've heard the name many times, but I just don't follow any talking heads. Really at all. I used to listen to RC Sproul on the way to work.
94chem,
CrackerJackAg
AG
94chem said:

I had no idea who Ben Shapiro was. I've heard the name many times, but I just don't follow any talking heads. Really at all. I used to listen to RC Sproul on the way to work.

RC Sproul is your first problem. Not a fan. Typical old ignorant Protestant guy with a hateful "anyone but us are going to hell" especially them Catholics like Mother Teresa.

I tried to listen just so I could understand his perspective because I had heard him mentioned. Couldn't get through it. Sleazy used car salesman feeling.

He says plenty enough to be taken seriously and then says just enough to let you know you can't take him seriously.
94chem
Dude, he died a while back. Renewing your mind was on the radio every morning during my 10 minute commute 20 years ago, the longest commute I've ever had. My other options were Houston Sports talk (which has to be the worst in any major city), soccer mom Christian muzak, NPR, Pacifica, and whiny-conservative-amradio-guy.
94chem,
Stone44
AG
RC was one of the best and most informed biblical scholars ever. Perhaps you have an issue with the truth of the Bible. I've never heard anyone compare him to a used car salesman. I've heard him debate many intellectual apostates and I've never heard him lose an argument.
94chem
I kinda figured he was getting him confused with someone else. And as far as Iknow, RC never got sucked into the MacArthur/Piper/Dever bully mode, nor into MacDonald/Zacharias carnality, nor the Osteen/Hagee/Copeland "pay me" stuff.
94chem,
CrackerJackAg
AG
Stone44 said:

RC was one of the best and most informed biblical scholars ever. Perhaps you have an issue with the truth of the Bible. I've never heard anyone compare him to a used car salesman. I've heard him debate many intellectual apostates and I've never heard him lose an argument.

I'm a bit more the Homilies of St. John Chrysostom kind of guy.

The bit I heard from RC Sproles I was not impressed. I got a bad impression.

Believe it or not, not every Christian in the world goes with the latest greatest American interpretation of the Bible

tk111
AG
CrackerJackAg said:

Stone44 said:

Believe it or not, not every Christian in the world goes with the latest greatest American interpretation of the Bible

RC's whole prerogative was to resurrect classical doctrine from the clutches of modernism. There was nothing "latest and greatest American" about anything he taught - quite literally the opposite.

I get the used car salesman vibe from voice and appearance alone. The fact that he was a 70's dude with a 70's radio voice in a green suit and all...but a 10 min radio program for a general audience is a bit different than listening to him give a 2 hour logical discourse on supralapsarianism vs infralapsarianism or the like.
CrackerJackAg
AG
tk111 said:

CrackerJackAg said:

Stone44 said:

RC's whole prerogative was to resurrect classical doctrine from the clutches of modernism. There was nothing "latest and greatest American" about anything he taught - quite literally the opposite.

I get the used car salesman vibe from voice and appearance alone. The fact that he was a 70's dude with a 70's radio voice in a green suit and all...but a 10 min radio program for a general audience is a bit different than listening to him give a 2 hour logical discourse on supralapsarianism vs infralapsarianism or the like.

Yeah, I got the cringes from him. Probably most of it.
dermdoc
AG
I am not Reformed/Calvinist but RC Sproul was my favorite guy with that theology.

Seemed like a very nice man also.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Frok
AG
Taylor Swift to RC Sproul, fascinating thread.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.