AZ: Rancher Charged with Murder After Killing Trespasser

20,662 Views | 193 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by Hungry Ojos
TxTarpon
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Quote:

Arizona rancher, 73, charged with murder for shooting Mexican citizen on his property near border

A rancher who lives near Arizona's border with Mexico is being held on a charge of first-degree murder in last week's fatal shooting of a man tentatively identified as a Mexican citizen. His bail was set at $1 million.

The Santa Cruz County Sheriff's office in Nogales, Arizona, confirmed Monday that George Alan Kelly, 73, was arrested last week in the killing. Authorities believe the victim was Gabriel Cuen-Butimea, 48, who lived just south of the border in Nogales, Mexico, because of a Mexican voter registration card he carried.
He should live in Harris County and get $50 bond.
I wonder if a GFM style account has been created.

Sidebar: Mexico has voter ID cards?!?! Isn't that racist?
AGHouston11
AG
This country and even this state has failed its tax payers

They have failed to do their basic duty of protecting its actual citizens

Arizona is on its way to be the next California

doubledog
Quote:

Santa Cruz County Sheriff's officials have said they discovered Cuen-Butimea's body just about 100 to 150 yards from Kelly's home on January 30

That is only a football field away. Cuen-Butimea was not there to say buen dia.
TxTarpon
Voter registration drive?
aggie93
AG
Since he was definitely trespassing and they did not know each other I don't know how 1st Degree Murder can possibly be justified.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
BMX Bandit
and how can they possible justify any arrest yet when:

Quote:

fficials say they are still trying to clarify the circumstances surrounding the shooting and establish a motive, with Chief Deputy Gerardo Castillo saying: 'It doesn't seem like Mr. Kelly and the [victim] knew each other.'

But under Arizona law, deadly force is allowed on one's own property if the homeowner believes it 'immediately necessary' to prevent trespassing.
terrible police work.
CDUB98
AG
And this is why "we the people" are royally ****ed.

Even when we are completely within our rights by law, the progressives will make your life absolutely miserable for defending your life, liberty, and property.
Irish 2.0
Terrible DA work too.

That's what the dumbasses of AZ get with a Hobbs Governor too.
Hungry Ojos
aggie93 said:

Since he was definitely trespassing and they did not know each other I don't know how 1st Degree Murder can possibly be justified.

It can't be justified. He was perfectly within his legal right to use deadly force to prevent a trespass. Another case of an activist judge doing activist judge things to whitey.
Teslag
AG
How can you blame this on a judge?
BMX Bandit
article says:

Quote:

But under Arizona law, deadly force is allowed on one's own property if the homeowner believes it 'immediately necessary' to prevent trespassing.

anyone know if thats accurate?

Ag87H2O
AG
TxTarpon said:

Quote:

His bail was set at $1 million.

Wow. And this for defending/protecting his property.

No doubt we have a two-tiered justice system, and white males are on the lowest of the lower rung.
Irish 2.0
Teslag said:

Probably for setting a ludicrous bond amount for a self defense case.
Teslag
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Teslag said:

Separate issue. The post I was responding to related to the charge, not the bond.
Hungry Ojos
Teslag said:

He set his ****ing bail at a million dollars. An 80 year old with no flight risk whatsoever that never should have been charged at all.

Are you ****ing kidding me?
Teslag
AG
Ya the bond is trash, but the charge itself is out of the judge's hands.
Irish 2.0
Teslag said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Teslag said:

Separate issue. The post I was responding to related to the charge, not the bond.

Quote:

It can't be justified. He was perfectly within his legal right to use deadly force to prevent a trespass. Another case of an activist judge doing activist judge things to whitey.

Show me in this post where he mentioned charges…
Hungry Ojos
Teslag said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Teslag said:

Ok, conflated both issues in my post, but you knew that.
gig em 02
For comparison, Timothy Simpkins took a gun to school, shot three people then was released on $25,000 bond.

This is the world that our resident liberals and concerned moderates have been fighting for. They must be thrilled.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Teslag said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Teslag said:

Man you suck at this
Hungry Ojos
gig em 02 said:

For comparison, Timothy Simpkins took a gun to school, shot three people then was released on $25,000 bond.

This is the world that our resident liberals and concerned moderates have been fighting for. They must be thrilled.

"Now imagine he was white."
Teslag
AG
Just looked it up, this is a heavily democrat county. The Justice of the Peace and county attorney were democrats that all ran unopposed.
TxTarpon

Quote:

Wow. And this for defending/protecting his property.

No doubt we have a two-tiered justice system, and white males are on the lowest of the lower rung.
Civil court looks better, but collections are the challenge.

Mexican cartel ordered to pay billions for killing 3 moms, 6 kids from Mormon community
Bryanisbest
AG
Teslag said:

Well, probably it was a justice of peace who set the 1,000,000$ bond. The trial judge probably is not on the case yet.
Teslag
AG
But the charges were brought by a district or county attorney in clear contradiction of Arizona law. The bail amount is irrelevant. There should be no bail to set.
BMX Bandit
Teslag said:

But the charges were brought by a district or county attorney in clear contradiction of Arizona law. The bail amount is irrelevant. There should be no bail to set.
keep digging.
TamuKid
AG
Is it possible it has something to do with the circumstances of the shooting?
I haven't read any detail on how the body was found; was it bound and execution style wound to the back of the head?

That would obviously change things; for example. Not saying that's the case, but there clearly isn't enough info available to make a determination at the moment.
BMX Bandit
TamuKid said:

I haven't read any detail on how the body was found; was it bound and execution style wound to the back of the head?

That would obviously change things; for example. Not saying that's the case, but there clearly isn't enough info available to make a determination at the moment.
we don't have any details, and seems the police don't even know yet based on article. so why the hell was he arrested?
JR Ewing
AG
The irony is that if you tried to start a GoFundMe defense account for the property owner, they'd work to shut it down to continue to persecute the landowner. Bizzaro world we live in...
Teslag
AG
BMX Bandit said:

TamuKid said:

we don't have any details, and seems the police don't even know yet based on article. so why the hell was he arrested?
Small rural county, probably under the sole jurisdiction of the sheriff. Sheriff is an elected position and probably dirty as hell, along with his deputies, and all working with the CA/DA.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Teslag said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Teslag said:

Quote:

Show me in this post where he mentioned charges…

Context is key

Hungry Ojos said:

aggie93 said:

Teslag
AG
Thank you! I felt like I was taking crazy pills responding to them.
TRADUCTOR
Dem Feds have:
left us out of protection and waging war against us
at this time transporting large army of illegals to compleat the works of death and cruelty
Ignoring our most valuable laws
have burnt our towns
destroyed lives of our people
excited domestic insurrection
constrained our fellow citizens
have been deaf to the voice of justice
sent swarms of IRS officers to harass our people
made judges dependent on their will
refused to ascent to our laws
exposed states to all the dangers of a invasion from without and convulsions within
a history of repeated injuries and usurpations

Nostradamus predicted this, no wait, WE ALL NEED A HISTORY LESSON.

ABATTBQ11
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

Teslag said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Teslag said:

Ok, conflated both issues in my post, but you knew that.

How could he possibly know that? You responded to a post that didn't mention bail at all, you didn't mention bail at all, but you want him to assume it is now included in your thoughts based on... What exactly?
MemphisAg1
AG
Wow, I guess I'm on another planet. Strong conservative, but don't support deadly force for simple trespassing, at all.

To protect yourself and others from imminent bodily harm or death, sure.

Walking across my property? No.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.