AZ: Rancher Charged with Murder After Killing Trespasser

20,671 Views | 193 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by Hungry Ojos
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Charges downgraded to 2nd degree murder. At his age 25 years is still a life sentence

Quote:

Testifying at an evidentiary hearing Friday, a detective told the court that Kelly called authorities to report that he was being fired upon.

He was "frantically telling him he was being shot at," the witness said of Kelly's phone exchange with another agent. "He said that he was being shot at and he was shooting back."

The witness said Kelly called the agent back.

"He said that he wasn't sure he was being shot at," the witness said. "He said that he heard what he believed to be shots and he was being shot at. But then he changed. He didn't know exactly if he was being shot at."

The detective said Kelly's uneven recollections eventually triggered his arrest.

As I said originally, terrible police work. An "uneven recollection" warrants more investigation. Not an arrest

https://nypost.com/2023/02/24/charges-downgraded-for-arizona-rancher-george-kelly-who-shot-migrant-dead/amp/
fixer
What a joke of a situation.

elderly man is engaged by armed group from Mexico on his own damn property. He saw fit to fire warning shots to repel them. He later finds a person deceased with an apparent gunshot wound in the back. He calls the authorities to alert them to the body.

Authorities immediately charge the elderly man as the criminal.

lmao.

clown world is in full effect.
ABATTBQ11
AG
These guys are ****ing clowns
Dimebag Darrell
If this guy doesn't get off scot-free, the people of Arizona are justified in getting violent and forming mobs against those punishing him. It is time. People need to take their state back.
Yesterday
AG
This should be the defense after every shooting on the border.

"Guys with AK's and what looked like drug back packs told me they were going to kill me. I shot at them in fear for my life and they retreated."

"what evidence do you have to prove this story?"

"You'll have to ask my lawyer. Thank you for your time."
BrazosDog02
AG
I always wondered what would happen if someone did what the rancher did. It would piss me off something awful. I'm glad that guy is here to serve as an example for others so we don't have to wonder anymore.

Old boy better hope they can reproduce those weapons.

Agsrback12
Trespass and get shot. It's simple. This disrespect for private property is mind blowing. This is America.

These types of stories are just the communist fishing for what they can get away with in regards to desensitizing private property rights and what private property truly means. Trespassing is trespassing.
Fireman
AG
Quote:

I always wondered what would happen if someone did what the rancher did. It would piss me off something awful. I'm glad that guy is here to serve as an example for others so we don't have to wonder anymore.

Old boy better hope they can reproduce those weapons.

Sounds like we all need a train station and

Rapier108
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Irish 2.0
The best result besides an acquittal.
SwigAg11
AG
Have they already stated if they plan to retry?
Irish 2.0
Not yet. But they'd be morons to try him again.

So they probably willā€¦
Logos Stick
Good to hear. Need to start actively nullifying.
Agthatbuilds
Step 1- govt fail at enforcement of it's own laws
Step 2- govt incentivizes mal actors to exploit the rules set in place
Step 3- govt underfunds it's own resources to serve the citizens most affected by 1 and 2
Step 4- the citizens, lacking proper service from govt, eventually must fend for themselves
Step 5- govt punished the citizenry for having the audacity to protect themselves
txrancher69
AG
Reports are coming out now that there was one lady juror holdout who said he was guilty of second degree murder and would not change her mind. The other 7 jurors all voted to acquit.
So three conspiracy theorists walk into a bar.................You can't convince me that's a coincidence.
fixer
Charging him to begin with was a low IQ move.
WestTexAg12
AG
txrancher69 said:

Reports are coming out now that there was one lady juror holdout who said he was guilty of second degree murder and would not change her mind. The other 7 jurors all voted to acquit.

Definitely a liberal
Irish 2.0
Arizona rancher George Alan Kelly will not be retried after deadlocked jury, prosecutors announce

Quote:

George Alan Kelly, the Arizona rancher charged with murder in the shooting of a Mexican national on his border property, will not be retried, prosecutors with the Santa Cruz County Attorney's office said.
**** YEAH!!
Hungry Ojos
Effing awesome! So effing awesome

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.