Biden-banning menthol cigarettes (siap)

3,263 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by maroon man
2023NCAggies
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know this was brought up awhile back, but it looks like it becoming official now

This should help him with the minorities....... not

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-white-house-close-finalizing-menthol-cigarette-regulations-despite-broad-opposition
ATX_AG_08
AG
If you care about Biden-banning menthol cigarettes, then you ain't black.
An L of an Ag
AG
"WHO BEEN PUTTIN THEIR KOOLS OUT ON MY RUG?!?!?"
Tramp96
That's a bold move, Cotton, during an election year where he will need the urban voters to show up and vote for him.

Not to stereotype, but if I was running for President, the last thing I would do is ban menthol cigarettes in an election year.
DeSantis 2024
Sea Speed
AG
This one actually DOES disproportionately affect blacks. Must be that systemic racism I've been hearing about.
AgResearch
AG
An L of an Ag said:

"WHO BEEN PUTTIN THEIR KOOLS OUT ON MY FLOOR?!?!?"

Hey hey hey haven't you people heard of coasters!!!
An L of an Ag
AG
AgResearch said:

An L of an Ag said:

"WHO BEEN PUTTIN THEIR KOOLS OUT ON MY FLOOR?!?!?"

Hey hey hey haven't you people heard of coasters!!!

That's a PERSIAN rug! From PERSIA!
AgBandsman
AG
Tramp96 said:

That's a bold move, Cotton, during an election year where he will need the urban voters to show up and vote for him.

Not to stereotype, but if I was running for President, the last thing I would do is ban menthol cigarettes in an election year.
You're naive if you think this is an "election" year...
Sims
AG
Quote:

Tobacco smoking remains the leading cause of preventable death nationwide, according to the FDA. In proposing the rules, the FDA cited its congressional authority to adopt tobacco product standards.

That's weird, abortion results in more deaths per year according to CDC data.

When is the FDA going to ban that?
Tramp96
AgBandsman said:

Tramp96 said:

You're naive if you think this is an "election" year...
Touche!

DeSantis 2024
Rockdoc
AG
Sims said:

Quote:

Tobacco smoking remains the leading cause of preventable death nationwide, according to the FDA. In proposing the rules, the FDA cited its congressional authority to adopt tobacco product standards.

Yeah if they kill the babies then the babies won't smoke them. Right?
TexAgs91
AG
Another day, 5 more regulations
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
Sims
AG
Rockdoc said:

Sims said:

Quote:

Yeah if they kill the babies then the babies won't smoke them. Right?
Fair point, so you have to add the two totals together? Smoking kills 500k, Abortion 600k...so if not for abortion, smoking would kill 1.1M. I think you're on to something.
Cen-Tex
AG
"My body, my choice"….a liberal quote
aggiez03
AG
Liberals should be happy with cigarettes.

CDUB98
AG
Thank you, my dear lord and savior government, for saving me from my own choices. You know so much better than I do.
CDUB98
AG
ATX_AG_08 said:

If you care about Biden-banning menthol cigarettes, then you ain't black.
CDUB98
AG
I've never smoked a menthol cig. Do they actually have that much of a more pleasant flavor?
pfo
AG
Years ago Mike Synar was the congressman for a rural district in Oklahoma that I lived in at the time. He was popular and won reelections every time….. until he came out with legislation to ban all cigarettes.

That was the end of Mike Synar being a congressman.
jt2hunt
AG
Now we know why the black votes gonna swing to Trump!
Sea Speed
AG
CDUB98 said:

I've never smoked a menthol cig. Do they actually have that much of a more pleasant flavor?

It's like inhaling cold air. Its been well over a decade since I've had one but occasionally they could be enjoyable, but I smoked camel wides or Marlboro reds so not the best judge of quality.
Tramp96
CDUB98 said:

As someone who, back in the day, smoked Marlboro lights pretty heavily, I can assure you menthols are the second worst thing ever rolled up in tobacco paper. Clove cigarettes are the absolute worst.

A couple of times when I was out and desperate I would bum a cigarette off my neighbor who smoked menthols, and then instantly realize how much I hate menthols, motivating me to scrounge up a couple of bucks (this was in the 90's) and head to the convenience store.
DeSantis 2024
Scruffy
AG
CDUB98 said:

It does provide a cooling effect in the throat....but mainly its smoked after smoking weed so people feel it and don't try inhale all at once like with the weed and helps them overcome the numbing of the weed in the throat.
Cromagnum
AG
Didn't he say if you didn't vote for him you aren't black? But then forgot that the majority of menthol smokers are the same demographic?
Tramp96
Cromagnum said:

Didn't he say if you didn't vote for him you aren't black? But then forgot that the majority of menthol smokers are the same demographic?
The dude forgot what he had for breakfast.
DeSantis 2024
Sid Farkas
AG
Good luck, FJB. lol. The 80's called. They want their cheap pandering tactics back.
2023NCAggies
aggiez03 said:

Liberals should be happy with cigarettes.

Slicer97
AG
CDUB98 said:

Thank you, my dear lord and savior government, for saving me from my own choices. You know so much better than I do.
Sadly, this country is full of clowns that actually think like this. Well, as much as you can call what goes on between their ears "thinking".
2023NCAggies
CDUB98 said:

No. But I use to smoke Camel Crush, just in case I wanted menthol. I haven't smoked in over 10 years though

They are all disgusting unless you are addicted

I do the vape now, lungs much better, contrary to the reports of it being more unhealthy than cigs

If you buy E-Juice they make them without the popcorn lung chemicals and that is their big gripe on them. Just find the e-juice without them. VaporFi carries them
CDUB98
AG
I haven't smoked a cig since I was 18, and even then, it was as short duration. It was a curiosity question.
TheMasterplan
And grapesoda likes to call republicans backwards for not legalising weed.
2023NCAggies
CDUB98 said:

I haven't smoked a cig since I was 18, and even then, it was as short duration. It was a curiosity question.
Obviously, I think each person has their preference. But for whatever reason, most black people like menthol, Newports mainly
Tanya 93
Tramp96 said:

CDUB98 said:

As someone who, back in the day, smoked Marlboro lights pretty heavily, I can assure you menthols are the second worst thing ever rolled up in tobacco paper. Clove cigarettes are the absolute worst.

A couple of times when I was out and desperate I would bum a cigarette off my neighbor who smoked menthols, and then instantly realize how much I hate menthols, motivating me to scrounge up a couple of bucks (this was in the 90's) and head to the convenience store.

Clove cigs were for new wave/goth girls.
2023NCAggies
Tanya 93 said:

Tramp96 said:

CDUB98 said:

Clove cigs were for new wave/goth girls.
Yes, I tried one from a goth girl in High School, last time I did that. Disgusting
ATX_AG_08
AG
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.