These college protests are just the tip of the iceberg

5,528 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by Artorias
TAMUallen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And January 6th was an insurrection?

Shoot em all down
CanyonAg77
AG
Funny how they just happened to have hammers and crowbars at a peaceful protest
jrdaustin
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

This might be controversial, but I don't think the primary animus driving these protests is antisemitism per se.

I think it's more likely that these radicals perceive Israel as a "colonizer" and "white" nation oppressing minorities. Therefore it is driven more by anti-white hatred a la the BLM nonsense from 2020. The BLM monster has turned its ire on what it sees as another subset of "white people" rather than "Jews" simply because they are Jews.

It sounds ridiculous because in a sense it is, but that's how these radicals see it and since they are ridiculous it fits their internal logic.
I think it is a convenient excuse for a mirror BLM type situation.

There are similarities between the BLM "peaceful protests" of 2020 and the escalations we're seeing today. Both in election years.

I think somebody saw it work in 2020 to get Dems energized and they're running the same playbook.

People are tired of it, though. The ultimate effect will be more like 1980 rather than 2020.
Artorias
AG
Protesting Israel to support terrorists in the wake of Oct 7 is nothing like BLM. BLM rightly or wrongly resonated with a lot of people here at home as it was a domestic issue. Nobody really cares about Palestinians/Hamas. This is a losing issue to protest over. I find it hard to believe Dems think this is a winning play.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.