Half dozen in pro-Hamas protest on campus

21,234 Views | 311 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by bobbranco
Charpie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgDad121619 said:

Charpie said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

Charpie said:

Bondag said:

Charpie said:

And I call BS on that. I have yet to see any US media give Hamas favorable coverage.

Then what is happening at Columbia, Yale, USC, etc?

There was a report early on that a hospital was bombed. Upon review, it was adjacent to hospital where Hamas bombed themselves. It has happened

Nothing favorable.

Immediately jumping on the narrative that Israel blew up a hospital with no evidence that it occurred was certainly favorable to Hamas. The majority of the media has clearly been itching to blame Israel for something that is 100% the fault of Hamas.
I don't remember it being told that way. I remember that they reported that the hospital was hit. Nothing was coming out from the Israeli side.

Then again, if you are looking for something to be mad it, you'll find it.
or if you are looking for something to support your viewpoint , you will ignore data shared that disputes your view
I'm just saying that it's been my personal observation. I watch mostly Newsnation these days when I do watch the news.

Other than that, this whole thing is going to backfire on the dems. Dumb dumb hill to die on.

TarponChaser
barbacoa taco said:

LMCane said:

barbacoa taco said:

I haven't said anything antisemitic or pro Hamas. Feel free to search my post history, you won't find anything of the sort. I've just defended the Palestinian people and their cause as a whole. Some people can understand that and respectfully disagree, others can cry and say I'm defending terrorists.

A lot of people on this forum have celebrated and called for the mass killing of an entire nation of people. And I'm not one of them.

Quote:

would love to see you call for the release of all Hamas hostages
I have many times. It's not exactly a contentious position to take, so it doesn't really bear repeating.
Quote:

and condemn the Palestinians Hamas for their barbarous terrorism targeting civilians.
I have as well, as they are the real perpetrators and I don't condone violence unless truly justified

Quote:

the Palestinians are literally the least deserving people to have another country created for them.

compared to the Kurds, the Yazidis, the Tibetans, the Andalusians, the Copts, the Roma and the Gypsies.
it's stuff like this that people say to justify continued violence. I'm just saying the current situation is untenable. They do have ancestral claims to the land, and kicking them out completely is ethnic cleansing and is wrong. You may not like the possible solutions, but all parties are going to have to compromise on something if they want to achieve peace in the region. Yes, that includes the Palestinians who want it all.

The Jews have even stronger ancestral claims. And once again, the Palestinians lost their land via conquest because of their support of the Axis powers in WWII. Even then, post-WWII they were offered their own state and refused, instead the allied Arab forces chose to attack Israel in the 1948 Arab-Israeli War which those Arab forces backing the Palestinians lost the war.

The possible solutions have been rejected by the Palestinians every time one has been proposed for 75 years and instead they have chosen war and terrorism.
Gigem314
AG
barbacoa taco said:

I haven't said anything antisemitic or pro Hamas. Feel free to search my post history, you won't find anything of the sort. I've just defended the Palestinian people and their cause as a whole. Some people can understand that and respectfully disagree, others can cry and say I'm defending terrorists.

A lot of people on this forum have celebrated and called for the mass killing of an entire nation of people. And I'm not one of them.
The only person crying on this thread is you.

"F16 racist!"
"F16 wants mass killing!"

You are making yourself look like a bitter, ignorant, nut. You pretend to be sympathetic to one side while angrily shaking your fist at the other...because you lack the capacity to rationally discuss the issues. You create these fake platitudes and seek to dehumanize anyone that disagrees with your takes.
barbacoa taco
AG
Gigem314 said:

barbacoa taco said:

"F16 racist!"
You can do the laugh/cry and try to "own" me all you want. I'm not trying to "own" anyone or win some internet argument.

I have seen multiple posters, who I will not name, REPEATEDLY call for Palestinians to be exterminated. Killed. Murdered. All of them, including civilians. This is not an exaggeration. These posts are explicit and clear. These posts receive multiple stars.

Quote:

You are making yourself look like a bitter, ignorant, nut. You pretend to be sympathetic to one side while angrily shaking your fist at the other...because you lack the capacity to rationally discuss the issues. You create these fake platitudes and seek to dehumanize anyone that disagrees with your takes.
What are you talking about? I've simply pushed back on the rampant pro-Israel folks here and I'm constantly met with childish responses calling me pro-Hamas or antisemitic. If you want to point out people's inability to discuss the issues. These posters completely lack critical thinking skills and throw a tantrum when met with any pushback on their ideas.

But I'm not really interested in this back and forth on who's being more civil or rational. But I am going to point out the bull**** from posters who whine about anyone advocating for Palestinians as Hamas sympathizers. Aside from a few fringe lunatics that's just not the case.

I'd bet a lot of money that the posters saying this stuff have never met a Palestinian in their life. Which is why it's easy to treat them as "others" or "enemies" and make blanket generalizations about the entire nation of people. When I've clearly done no such thing with Israelis or Jews. My criticism is with the Israeli government, and they are completely fair game for criticism.
J. Walter Weatherman
Charpie said:

Charpie said:

Bondag said:

Charpie said:

And I call BS on that. I have yet to see any US media give Hamas favorable coverage.

There was a report early on that a hospital was bombed. Upon review, it was adjacent to hospital where Hamas bombed themselves. It has happened

Nothing favorable.

Immediately jumping on the narrative that Israel blew up a hospital with no evidence that it occurred was certainly favorable to Hamas. The majority of the media has clearly been itching to blame Israel for something that is 100% the fault of Hamas.
I don't remember it being told that way. I remember that they reported that the hospital was hit. Nothing was coming out from the Israeli side.

Generally I think there can be an overreaction because the media mostly is just chasing clicks. This was not one of those times. All major outlets immediately ran with a "Israel blew up a hospital" when there was no evidence for that because they were desperate to blame something on them.
ttu_85
barbacoa taco said:

Gigem314 said:

barbacoa taco said:

"F16 racist!"
You can do the laugh/cry and try to "own" me all you want. I'm not trying to "own" anyone or win some internet argument.

I have seen multiple posters, who I will not name, REPEATEDLY call for Palestinians to be exterminated. Killed. Murdered. All of them, including civilians. This is not an exaggeration. These posts are explicit and clear. These posts receive multiple stars.

Quote:

What are you talking about? I've simply pushed back on the rampant pro-Israel folks here and I'm constantly met with childish responses calling me pro-Hamas or antisemitic. If you want to point out people's inability to discuss the issues. These posters completely lack critical thinking skills and throw a tantrum when met with any pushback on their ideas.

But I'm not really interested in this back and forth on who's being more civil or rational. But I am going to point out the bull**** from posters who whine about anyone advocating for Palestinians as Hamas sympathizers. Aside from a few fringe lunatics that's just not the case.
This is really simple to most of us:

Oct 7, people are out on a nice fall day going to concerts and hangout with family and friends. Then some hours later 1200 are dead of a population of 9.3 million and hundreds taken hostage against their will. Many torched including children and moms. Others murdered in other unspeakable ways. And many raped.

How is this complicated in your lib mind. Most rational people are not going to debate this they going to settle the score. Its that clear cut.

The fact this confuses you at all tells me it is you that is not rational. Its you that lacks even the most basic of critical thinking skill or even a basic understanding human nature.

This was one of the most clear cut examples of an indefensible atrocity. Yet here you are, lefty posting history and all-- further validating why I loath everything your ilk stands for.
barbacoa taco
AG
Feel free to search my entire post history, you wont find a single one even slightly "defending" 10/7. Israel had every right to respond to an unprovoked terrorist attack. But their response has been catastrophic. And responding to an attack is NOT above criticism, simply because that party was the one first attacked.

Not sure what's so difficult about that to understand. I've said this so many times, so clearly, that anyone who is capable of critical thinking can understand, even if you disagree with it. Yet so many either still don't or simply refuse to do so.
13B
barbacoa taco said:

Gigem314 said:

barbacoa taco said:

"F16 racist!"

Quote:

I'd bet a lot of money that the posters saying this stuff have never met a Palestinian in their life. Which is why it's easy to treat them as "others" or "enemies" and make blanket generalizations about the entire nation of people. When I've clearly done no such thing with Israelis or Jews. My criticism is with the Israeli government, and they are completely fair game for criticism.
What does a "few" mean to you?

What nation would that be?
BadMoonRisin
AG
barbacoa taco said:

Feel free to search my entire post history, you wont find a single one even slightly "defending" 10/7. Israel had every right to respond to an unprovoked terrorist attack. But their response has been catastrophic. And responding to an attack is NOT above criticism, simply because that party was the one first attacked.

Not sure what's so difficult about that to understand. I've said this so many times, so clearly, that anyone who is capable of critical thinking can understand, even if you disagree with it. Yet so many either still don't or simply refuse to do so.
What should they have done, larry, in your opinion?
barbacoa taco
AG
I cant make overly broad statements about all the college protesters because there's always at least one who won't fit the mold. There are always going to be a-holes. There certainly have been some fringe protesters who have sided with Hamas but I'd bet the vast majority (including those at A&M) are not defending them and are speaking out for the Palestinian civilians. If any of you are on campus and simply go up and talk to them in a civil way, they will probably say that. That's not some crazy radical thing and is no different from the protesters of the Iraq and Vietnam wars (who were totally in the right, in hindsight).

As for your second question, the Palestinians are a nation of people. But technically stateless.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Are these riots being staged to generate support for Biden to give refugee status to the people of Gaza?
TarponChaser
barbacoa taco said:

The Israelis stated goal, after years of countless terror attacks which specifically targeted civilians, is the eradication of Hamas. But, because Hamas is dug into Gaza like ticks and hiding among the civilian population by cowardly using schools, hospitals, mosques, and children as human shields the collateral damage is significant. Even though the Israelis have taken extraordinary steps to mitigate that damage and prevent civilian casualties.

Yet you completely ignore those steps. And you gloss over the fact that, by all definitions, the usage of civilians as human shields and hiding in schools, hospitals, mosques, etc. are war crimes committed by Hamas. And you accuse the Israelis of committing war crimes when they're actually taking huge measures to not commit war crimes.

You continue to ignore that the entire basis of the Palestinian movement is the destruction of Israel and the eradication of Jews. You continually ignore that the Palestinians have had many, many opportunities to have their own state and have rejected those opportunities at every turn. You are either willfully ignorant or outright deceitful in your arguments.

The oft-stated position that "if the Palestinians laid down their arms there would be peace tomorrow yet if the Israelis laid down their arms there would be no Israel" is eminently true and displayed time and time again.
BadMoonRisin
AG

just going to leave this here.

Enough of your AKSHUALLY, larry, most of these people support terrorism.

Just like most Palestinians (70%) support terrorism

and this ****** is too dumb to realize they would throw her dumb ass over the tallest building in gaza within 15 minutes of stepping foot on their soil.
Street Fighter
AG
KillerAg21 said:

Their demands are to stop supporting a war and killing children and people are upset? This place is truly a circus.
Except that isn't exactly what they're doing chief.
TarponChaser
Street Fighter said:

KillerAg21 said:

Their demands are to stop supporting a war and killing children and people are upset? This place is truly a circus.
Except that isn't exactly what they're doing chief.

Exactly.

Their demands, while not usually specifically stated, require the destruction of Israel and the removal of the Jews (at a minimum, but more likely a second Holocaust).
FireAg
AG
This "divest the university from Israel" demand is popping up everywhere...

Can someone tell me whether or not Texas A&M directly invests in Israel?
BadMoonRisin
AG
They aren't talking about A&M investing in Israel themselves. They dont want A&M to invest in any company that "supports genocide". This would be almost every company worth its salt -- Google (Project Nimbus), Amazon, etc, etc have contracts with the Israeli military, to name just few.

They are too stupid to actually be able to articulate exactly what they mean by this, however, so they left it vague by copying off of some other ****** communists "lists of demands".

Muy
AG
Israel has some outstanding companies especially in tech/cyber security and military systems.

I guess A&M should invest in pipe bombers in Gaza.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
BadMoonRisin said:

just going to leave this here.

Enough of your AKSHUALLY, larry, most of these people support terrorism.

Just like most Palestinians (70%) support terrorism

and this ****** is too dumb to realize they would throw her dumb ass over the tallest building in gaza within 15 minutes of stepping foot on their soil.

But barbacoa taco swears that the protests are about the women and children of Gaza and that they don't support Hamas.
Muy
AG
As has been pointed out by intelligent posters on this board, none of this actually has to do with Gaza and Israel. It's merely the new divisive topic for the anti-American agitators in this country to destroy us from within. Professional protest "consultants" showing these weak-minded liberals how to do it and why…

[url] https://www.yahoo.com/news/nypd-release-video-showing-professional-025331163.html[/url]
Rex Racer
AG
barbacoa taco said:

You can criticize all you want. And other people can feel free to call you out on it.

The Israeli people have been dealing with the same kinds of garbage as October 7 for decades, and they are just tired of it. So they are doing everything in their power to make sure it doesn't happen to them again, because if they had just given a "measured response", guess what, in 2, 5, or 10 years, October 7 would have happened again. It probably still will, but maybe they can get a few more years of peace out of it.
Bondag
AG

Charpie said:

Charpie said:

Bondag said:

Charpie said:

Nothing favorable.

Generally I think there can be an overreaction because the media mostly is just chasing clicks. This was not one of those times. All major outlets immediately ran with a "Israel blew up a hospital" when there was no evidence for that because they were desperate to blame something on them.
They ran with the story. What you didn't hear was a single outlet go back and say with the same fervor that oops, it was actually Hamas that shot the hospital, and by the way the hospital was not actually hit just the parking lot.
LMCane
barbacoa taco said:

LMAO

okay genius war planner:

give us your response to October 7 mass rapes, murders and hostage taking.
LMCane
at least there are still a few real American men left on college campuses

I think this is UNC where the Hamas supporters took down Old Glory and hoisted the despicable PLO flag.

LMCane
Gigem314
AG
barbacoa taco said:

Ah yes. The old "emoji" smack talk. So little substance, yet such a predictable tactic from someone trying to steer the conversation away from their unproven claims to make it about the other person. Weak.
Quote:

It goes both ways. You've also taken people's statements about collateral damage in war and accused others of being for genocide or being racist - which is a complete exaggeration of what they've been saying. If you want others to not make such callous statements, doing that very thing to others doesn't help your case.

Quote:

Because you are in turn responding childishly with ignorant assumptions and throw tantrums when people push back on your ideas. You seem to think you're above the fray in this discussion but it's quite the opposite. You invite uncivil remarks by your uncivil assumptions made about people and this board in this very thread.
Quote:

But I'm not really interested in this back and forth on who's being more civil or rational.
Your continued defensive responses say otherwise.

Quote:

But I am going to point out the bull**** from posters who whine about anyone advocating for Palestinians as Hamas sympathizers. Aside from a few fringe lunatics that's just not the case
Then grow thicker skin and quit throwing tantrums when people respond with how woefully ignorant such claims are. You want to claim most Palestinians overwhelmingly don't support Hamas - yet the fact is they've continued electing Hamas and allowed them to be in positions of power. So your deflections just look like ignorance.

Quote:

Doesn't sound like you've met any Israelis dealing with actual terrorism either. Again, you're all about criticizing the Israeli government, but can't seem to find the words to criticize the Palestinian govt for forcing its people to stand in the line of fire as human shields from Israeli bombs. No, you'd just rather ignore that part and only accuse Israel of war crimes...then calling most F16 posters genocidal racists for pointing out your inconsistent assertions.
barbacoa taco
AG
my dude, this is a thread about people getting their panties in a wad over college students peacefully protesting on A&M's campus. Some at least acknowledge they are within their rights, others are butthurt and want the university or the police to shut it down. and the latter group does mental gymnastics to justify suppression of freedom of speech, and it always boils down to "Hamas bad."

i'm simply here offering a dissenting view, that obviously has inflamed some emotions. the fact is, these folks are not like those on UCLA's campus who are actually getting violent. The protest is directed at A&M, to divest from companies that do business with Israel. I don't think it's particularly effective or even a good use of time, but it's clearly within their rights. And it's also clearly garnering attention on campus, which is half of the point of a protest anyway.

we can "both sides" this all day long. But no, I'm not going to stop calling out certain posters for being genocidal maniacs. Maybe if they don't want to be called that, they shouldn't advocate for 2 million people to be killed. Because that's wrong.

Yes, Hamas is evil too. You don't have to remind me.
Harry Stone
AG
barbacoa taco said:

my dude, this is a thread about people getting their panties in a wad over college students peacefully protesting on A&M's campus. Some at least acknowledge they are within their rights, others are butthurt and want the university or the police to shut it down. and the latter group does mental gymnastics to justify suppression of freedom of speech, and it always boils down to "Hamas bad."

i'm simply here offering a dissenting view, that obviously has inflamed some emotions. the fact is, these folks are not like those on UCLA's campus who are actually getting violent. The protest is directed at A&M, to divest from companies that do business with Israel. I don't think it's particularly effective or even a good use of time, but it's clearly within their rights. And it's also clearly garnering attention on campus, which is half of the point of a protest anyway.

we can "both sides" this all day long. But no, I'm not going to stop calling out certain posters for being genocidal maniacs. Maybe if they don't want to be called that, they shouldn't advocate for 2 million people to be killed. Because that's wrong.

Yes, Hamas is evil too. You don't have to remind me.

Honest question, do you think we should divest in companies that do business with Israel? How about China? Or Russia?
Raiderjay
While leftist universities descend into chaos, at Liberty University…..

My daughter graduates from there next week…..
[b][raiderjay, you need to come up to the front of the bus where I can see you in this giant mirror above my steering wheel. -Staff][/b]
Gigem314
AG
barbacoa taco said:

my dude, this is a thread about people getting their panties in a wad over college students peacefully protesting on A&M's campus.
Is it though? The post with the most stars on this thread is the one with the "There are dozens of us!" gif. Doesn't seem like most people have their 'panties in a wad' about the protest if they were appreciating the joke. Seems like the ones with their panties in a wad are the people like you who keep lashing out at the board throughout this thread. But hey, you tried to deflect.
Quote:

Some at least acknowledge they are within their rights
Yeah, it's more than some. It's the majority of people on this thread. The post with the second most stars is one that acknowledges they are doing it peacefully. Again, reality doesn't match the victim mentality narrative you're attempting to create here.
Quote:

i'm simply here offering a dissenting view, that obviously has inflamed some emotions.
Nah, they're not inflamed. It's not like they're resorting to calling people genocidal maniacs or anything.
Quote:

But everyone else on here are the ones with inflamed emotions, except you of course. No one is stopping you from throwing a tantrum on this thread But the more you scream at people to falsely portray their character, the more nutty you're going to look. Knock yourself out. You're a self-fulfilling prophesy. You make inflamed remarks and then want to play the victim when other people give it right back to you. Seems like a miserable way to spend your time, but you do you.
Saxplayer8
AG
Logos Stick said:

They need to set Hamilton Hall on fire and block the doors. That will end this evil once and for all.

I'm so glad that you don't have an Ag tag
bobbranco
AG

he's gonna hurt recruitin.
amirite?
LOL.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.