Do Democrats really believe that there is only 6 years of oil production left?

6,405 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by YouBet
knoxtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
YouBet said:

Could be. Are you as equally incredulous about the 2018 UN report that said we only had 12 years to resolve the environment?

I am not incredulous at that figure at all but only depending on how you define "resolving the environment." The bomb has already fallen and out world population is not sustainable already. In other words, we don't have 12 years, it is already done. The next 50 years will see a drastic pop decline due to famine, polution, disease, war, etc.

12 years? Nah. Humanity is already on the decline due to our actions. It can't be saved. At least... half of us can't be

APHIS AG
Sharpshooter said:

The truth is, there is only 6 years left for some semblance of intelligence from the left.
To lose something they first would have had to have it and the left have proven time and time again that they never had it.
Old Sarge
AG
The Left knows full well there is **** tons of oil and gas available. Their message is a sham.

It is all in my sig.....

(for the young ones that don't know "Red", it is Marxism/Communism)
"Green" is the new RED.
YouBet
AG
knoxtom said:

YouBet said:

Could be. Are you as equally incredulous about the 2018 UN report that said we only had 12 years to resolve the environment?

I am not incredulous at that figure at all but only depending on how you define "resolving the environment." The bomb has already fallen and out world population is not sustainable already. In other words, we don't have 12 years, it is already done. The next 50 years will see a drastic pop decline due to famine, polution, disease, war, etc.

12 years? Nah. Humanity is already on the decline due to our actions. It can't be saved. At least... half of us can't be

I think we agree here. The UN report is based on fantasy that we must all pay higher taxes to global bodies to mitigate an arbitrary 1-2 degree change in Celsius. And that if we don't do that then we condemn the planet to Armageddon.

When in reality the issue will resolve itself because birth rates are already at a point that we can't recover...as you noted. Simple math. Unfortunately, the global elites not only want to steal more money from the producers in the meantime, but they also want to force the rest of us into an oppressive existence with loss of freedoms all in the name of climate justice / climate change.
Rocag
AG
Do liberals believe this? As far as I, a liberal who frequently interacts with other liberals both in real life and on the internet, can tell the answer is no. Honestly, I've never even heard this specific claim before. What I, and most people, do believe is that we are consuming oil at a much faster pace than it is naturally being produced and therefore there will come a day when when the easy flow of oil stops. Is that in a few decades? A century? Longer? I don't claim to know exactly, but it's coming eventually.

Having said that, you'd think the smart thing for America to do would be to sit on its oil reserves and let everyone else sell theirs while oil is still plentiful and cheap. Then when oil is becoming more and more scarce we'll still have plenty.
techno-ag
AG
Rocag said:

Do liberals believe this? As far as I, a liberal who frequently interacts with other liberals both in real life and on the internet, can tell the answer is no. Honestly, I've never even heard this specific claim before. What I, and most people, do believe is that we are consuming oil at a much faster pace than it is naturally being produced and therefore there will come a day when when the easy flow of oil stops. Is that in a few decades? A century? Longer? I don't claim to know exactly, but it's coming eventually.

Having said that, you'd think the smart thing for America to do would be to sit on its oil reserves and let everyone else sell theirs while oil is still plentiful and cheap. Then when oil is becoming more and more scarce we'll still have plenty.
Don't worry. Biden has effectively done that by revoking federal permits.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Rocag
AG

Yeah, production's really hurting right now, huh?
Logos Stick
If you look at your graph, Hubbert was spot on until we discovered a way to crack rocks and get the remainder. Before that, we were burning one to get two.

If you take another look, that second peak is just terminal lucidity.

Oil is finite, my liberal friend. No idea when it will end, but it will end.
sleepybeagle
AG
rynning said:

They've been saying this since 1973.
When I was in middle school the teachers were talking about how in the near future we'd probably have to go back to horses and sailing ships.

"Imagine riding in a covered wagon school bus - wouldn't that be fun?". She actually said that to us with 100% conviction that it was going to happen.

50 years later - NOTHING has changed.
We still have plenty of oil.
And liberals don't like it.
sleepybeagle
Smudge
AG
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

The only reason there is a big push to move away from oil, and other efficient forms of energy, to "green" energy is that all of the elites and politicians, across the West, are invested in it. They know it is a scam.
100% this. And to get votes. The green energy thing just panders to low information emotions and secures votes. But those votes go back to the politicians need for control to secure their investments. And a word of warning, anyone who says otherwise is simply an uniformed, low information voter and the essential part of this process.
techno-ag
AG
sleepybeagle said:

rynning said:

When I was in middle school the teachers were talking about how in the near future we'd probably have to go back to horses and sailing ships.

"Imagine riding in a covered wagon school bus - wouldn't that be fun?". She actually said that to us with 100% conviction that it was going to happen.

To be fair, some districts someday may have to use horses to move those electric school buses when they can't be charged anymore.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
YouBet
AG
sleepybeagle said:

rynning said:

Dysentery was so fun!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.