Trump Illegal Deportation

3,263 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by TRM
BoydCrowder13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Illegal crossing have exploded under Biden. Trump could certainly slow those down.

But Trump deported a grand total of 2M in his first 4 years in office. Roughly the same amount that came in (at least recorded). He was treading water.

20M is a pipe dream and I hope no one is thick enough to believe that.
AggieVictor10
AG
The wall was a little more than a "feel good" Symbol to represent a victory.
Less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real.

RFK/brain worm 2024
milner79
TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

I don't agree with "the wall", since it's a liberal jobs program, but one of the best things he did was simply enforce the laws, as-is. It did wonders.

I'd have zero problems with him deporting ones he found.

Gotta have the Wall. Obviously every president will not enforce our laws. Once it's done, each US president should then continue to strengthen it to make it harder for our commie presidents to dismantle.

We live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. ... deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall -- you need me on that wall.
ts5641
Joes said:

It's a nice fantasy, but I can't envision any scenario where this could actually happen. And without a serious continuous defense line I don't know what the point would be, they'd just come right back in. Emptying your boat of water with a bucket doesn't do anything if you still have a huge hole in the bottom of your boat. And besides, this would last for what, one term? Until the next Dem is back in? I hate what's happened, but this will never get fixed, he might as well be saying he'll reduce the national debt to zero. The biggest hurdle is him ever getting back in office anyway. So... good luck.

At least stop the bleeding and send as many illegals back as you can.
milner79
AggieVictor10 said:

The wall was a little more than a "feel good" Symbol to represent a victory.
WHOOP!'91
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

I don't agree with "the wall", since it's a liberal jobs program, but one of the best things he did was simply enforce the laws, as-is. It did wonders.

Gotta have the Wall. Obviously every president will not enforce our laws. Once it's done, each US president should then continue to strengthen it to make it harder for our commie presidents to dismantle.

No.

A wall is useless without a **** ton of added personnel, IOW a liberal jobs program. Without that, it would be a day, maybe two, before it was either destroyed or merely circumvented.

Just enforce/enhance the laws on the books already.

You contradicted the hell out of yourself: how do you enforce the laws on the books without, as you say, a "liberal jobs program?" You can't do it without personnel. So what's the difference?

At least with the wall there is something structural and the labor used isn't ongoing -- once built, its there. Further, future administrations (real or otherwise) won't be able to subvert it. Even if they don't provide personnel for other law enforcement, the wall still exists and provides whatever benefit it has.

Did you really think about this before posting or was it a knee-jerk?
I don't consider personnel needed to carry out Constitutional duties as a jobs program. I support a wall, modern tech to monitor movement around it, and sufficient personnel to keep people from breaching it, whether over, under, or through.
IndividualFreedom
Quote:

We can use the 87,000 new IRS employees to accomplish this.
I know you were semi joking with this statement, but it actually makes a ton of sense.

A. Illegals ain't paying income taxes.

B. These 87,000 will refuse to take the assignment an quit.

Win/Win
American Hardwood
AG
BigRobSA said:

VitruvianAg said:

BigRobSA said:

TheCurl84 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

No.

A wall is useless without a **** ton of added personnel, IOW a liberal jobs program. Without that, it would be a day, maybe two, before it was either destroyed or merely circumvented.

Just enforce/enhance the laws on the books already.

I think what you think is straightforward isn't all that straightforward.

Nothing is straightforward when it comes to politics.

What is straightforward? A wall is useless without TONS of support/staff.

Trump proved that simply enforcing the law works.

Look, we get it you want to be a Libertarian...

No question you still need a Border Patrol Agents even with a wall, clearly with a wall less staff is required.

Trump did improve border security, but still plenty of the horde got across the border, so its not just enforcing current laws.

I disagree. You need more to make sure that illegals don't circumvent the wall or destroy a section altogether. Thus, a lib jobs program.
I always thought of the wall as a bit of a boondoggle, but if we are going to build a wall, then build it right, man it right, and protect it right. It is a rare day you'll find me supporting a big government program, but protecting our borders is one of the very few things the federal government is ACTUALLY supposed to be doing. Much like the military, if we are going to have border security at all, then it better be the best damn border security in the world.
TRM
AG
Given his negotiation with Pelosi for amnesty, I believe it when I see it.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.