Lone Star Leadership Academy

2,272 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by GordonWood
Breggy Popup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My daughter was nominated by her school to attend this. Does anyone have any experience with it? Good? Bad? Is it like the Who's Who or Key Club BS when I was younger? Just trying to gauge of this program is beneficial and how it is looked upon by colleges.
Fenn06
AG
From their website, it looks legit. I'm starting to look at opportunities like this for my kids when they are old enough (oldest is 2nd grade now). Please let us know how it goes if you decide to pursue.
512Ag
AG
Bregxit said:

My daughter was nominated by her school to attend this. Does anyone have any experience with it? Good? Bad? Is it like the Who's Who or Key Club BS when I was younger? Just trying to gauge of this program is beneficial and how it is looked upon by colleges.

Curious if your daughter ended up going. My son was nominated this year by a teacher, so we're trying to decide whether to send him.
Breggy Popup
AG
No. We talked to some parents who sent their kids and it boiled down to it was an expensive trip that the kids got nothing out of.
512Ag
AG
Good intel. Appreciate it.
GordonWood
AG
Depends on the kid and their interest/personality, and what programs are offered for their age. My son likes history and science and enjoyed his trip to the Dallas/Ft Worth area. Perot Museum, civil war museum, Fort Worth stockyards, federal mint, ranger stadium, etc,

It's not like it is going to go on their resume or anything, but way better than playing video games for a week, and they meet new people.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.