Boycott the playoff game on Peacock

12,751 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by BMX Bandit
dabo man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

NASCAR also airs races in the fall on peacock. Imo it's worth it just as much as a Netflix or Amazon

This is the problem. I pay a monthly bill to get every channel I want on YouTube TV. I resent the fact that I'm now supposed to pay additional monthly bills for Apple+, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Paramount+, and Peacock to get the same things that I used to get on TV.
Matsui
AG
Sadly it's the new reality
dixichkn
AG
Matsui said:

Sadly it's the new reality
It doesn't have to be if enough people tell them to kiss off
BMX Bandit
Even if this game does horrible ratings wise, it's still the reality of future sports TV.

Peacock & Amazon are still going to pay tons to air and the "boycott" won't last
aggiepaintrain
AG
I have it for on patrol live, so the game is free!! suckers
Seven Costanza
AG
Carlo4 said:

Heard on the radio it's $6.

Some of you are incredibly cheap.
For me it's just the principle, although I definitely have some "cut off my nose to spite my face" tendencies. $6 is a meaningless amount of money and my lone boycott of this obviously has zero impact, but I'm just not going to pay to watch a single game.
dabo man
AG
It's absolutely principle. I will never pay to watch CBS/NBC/ABC while they continue to use the airwaves free of charge.
hph6203
AG
Thought this was going to be a boycott over the fact they're going to be playing a game when it's ****ing -5 and kicking off after dark.
double aught
AG
I love that aspect.
Southlake
hph6203 said:

Thought this was going to be a boycott over the fact they're going to be playing a game when it's ****ing -5 and kicking off after dark.
Thats exactly why I'm watching! Too bad it's not raining too!
Aggie
AG
Pantera said:

My parents live out in the boonies and it's not cost effective or realistic to get streaming with their internet access, so they are just screwed moving forward on things like this.

This .
With streaming networks ect folks that live out in rural areas where internet connection is not great are basically screwed.
Awful move , way to screw over your fan base NFL.
Making it harder to watch a playoff game.
$ and greed will eventually ruin everything.
94chem
Mutual_Friend said:

If enough folks cave and order Peacock just to watch this single game we can expect more games, both regular season and playoffs, to be aired on exclusively subscription services. Let's stay strong and ignore this game in order to send the NFL a message!

In the early 80's before we even had cable, I never had ti mss a playoff game. Now that everyone has cut the cord and pays 3 times as much for 5000 channels, we can't see the playoffs. How ever so much better!!
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Kenneth_2003
AG
None of the over the air out basic cable channels are currently profitable on their streaming services.

This is an attempt to drive more customers to those platforms and you bet they're having on people signing up and forgetting to cancel.

I'd love to watch that game tonight, but no way.
45-70Ag
AG
Already have peacock but the old reruns of Carson and snl on there are pretty good. Every season and episode of snl and something like 20 seasons of Carson.

E King Trill
AG
Nah I'm gonna watch
jr15aggie
AG
The KC ice bowl prospect is going to draw lots of viewers.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Sure hope this flops for the NFL
wangus12
AG
I'll only pay Peacock if they guarantee I have a full time T-Swift cam.
jkag89
jr15aggie said:

The KC ice bowl prospect is going to draw lots of viewers.
Only matters if it draws new subs to Peacock. If I already had a subscription I would be watching, since I don't I'll either read or find a good movie to watch.
aggiephoenix02
I caved and spent the $6…

I'll remember to cancel this one. I forgot my password for Paramount+, so I'm still paying for that service
El_duderino
Password reset?
Danny Vermin
At the bottom of the screen they asked yes or no if I would agree to let them know I'm watching. Kinda weird but I said yes.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I hate how the NFL decided to air an NFL playoff game exclusively on peacock. Every NFL playoff game should be aired on network channels. I don't have peacock, but I will be streaming this game on this website:

https://nflhunter.com/

bdgol07
AG
I wonder if this being a streaming only option has anything to do with the game continuing even though they tried to shut down the city of KC.
fc2112
Seven Costanza
AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

I caved and spent the $6…

I'll remember to cancel this one. I forgot my password for Paramount+, so I'm still paying for that service
You can cancel it right now so that you don't have to remember. You will always still have access to whatever service it is until the month you paid for is over.
dabo man
AG
For the time being, I'm getting the game through the Kodi app on my Firestick.

I'll listen on the radio (I live in Missouri) if this feed dies.

dabo man
AG
First two plays are pass attempts. Not what I expected.
northeastag
AG
Is it just my feed, or is this coming in all jerky for anyone else. I don't have this problem with any other service, so it ain't my internet service
dabo man
AG
It looks fine for me, but I'm not watching Peacock. The NBC affiliates in Miami and KC are showing the game, and I found an NBC feed from KC.
MookieBlaylock
AG
dabo man said:

It looks fine for me, but I'm not watching Peacock. The NBC affiliates in Miami and KC are showing the game, and I found an NBC feed from KC.

so the only 2 markets that have people that would pay for this- get it free

good luck
dabo man
AG
Wonder if shirtless Dolphins fan has been drinking?
LB12Diamond
AG
I caved and got it. Will keep it two months so I can watch Oppenheimer.
jr15aggie
AG
They've created a fun drinking game... every time you hear "Exclusively on Peacock".
Shooz in Katy
AG
Sorry. I paid $6 to watch Achon

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.