*****Official Destiny 2: The Witch Queen Thread*****

4,286 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by dcaggie04
Naveronski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BreNayPop
AG
I'm already in and running with my kids
Beezy2389
AG
I know this game is all but dead but this still gets me hyped.

I should say SPOILERS because this is the cutscene after you complete the final mission of the season
Prime0882
AG
Beezy2389 said:

I know this game is all but dead but this still gets me hyped.

I should say SPOILERS because this is the cutscene after you complete the final mission of the season

I feel like the game is still going strong, just not with the TexAgs crew anymore. I transferred the clan founder role back to you Beezy before leaving for an active clan to play with during Lightfall.

Feel free to hit me up if you're on and want to run anything!
Prime0882
AG
Sadly the story for Lightfall is Curse of Osiris levels bad this go around and a big step down from Witch Queen. This expansion feels like a stall to work more on The Final Shape instead of it being the Infinity War/Empire Strikes Back I think a lot of us hoped for.

I've spent way too much time with this franchise to skip on The Final Shape, but for those who haven't played in a bit and are coming back keep your expectations low. The new location is different/fun and Strand is interesting but I can't see its place in harder content. I wonder if some of y'all enjoyed it more than I did.
swc93
AG
Played a couple hours yesterday with my son and one of his friends; played some this morning.

I haven't really got a handle on the new mods and their functions but I enjoyed it and will keep enjoying it.

I am a Destiny day one fan boy and as long as Bungie keeps doing it; I'll keep grinding away.
Tex117
AG
Prime0882 said:

Sadly the story for Lightfall is Curse of Osiris levels bad this go around and a big step down from Witch Queen. This expansion feels like a stall to work more on The Final Shape instead of it being the Infinity War/Empire Strikes Back I think a lot of us hoped for.

I've spent way too much time with this franchise to skip on The Final Shape, but for those who haven't played in a bit and are coming back keep your expectations low. The new location is different/fun and Strand is interesting but I can't see its place in harder content. I wonder if some of y'all enjoyed it more than I did.
This. Woof. Its bad.

Still fun to play...and like the addict I am, I will continue, but this is really bad.
Prime0882
AG
Tex117 said:

Prime0882 said:

This. Woof. Its bad.

Still fun to play...and like the addict I am, I will continue, but this is really bad.
Yeah, I've been playing this franchise for nearly 10(!) years so I'm going to keep going... The seasonal stories have generally been pretty good but this expansion feels like Bungie made some major internal swerves from whatever they originally planned, gave the expansion to the B-Team, and wrote it off as filler material before we get back to the whatever is planned for the end of this current story.

I've read some remarks that Bungie should be giving their marketers a fat raise since this was sold as something very different than what the end product is - that launch trailer built up a ton of hype that this expansion did not meet, at all, in my opinion.
Tex117
AG
Prime0882 said:

Tex117 said:

Prime0882 said:

This. Woof. Its bad.

Yeah, I've been playing this franchise for nearly 10(!) years so I'm going to keep going... The seasonal stories have generally been pretty good but this expansion feels like Bungie made some major internal swerves from whatever they originally planned, gave the expansion to the B-Team, and wrote it off as filler material before we get back to the whatever is planned for the end of this current story.

I've read some remarks that Bungie should be giving their marketers a fat raise since this was sold as something very different than what the end product is - that launch trailer built up a ton of hype that this expansion did not meet, at all, in my opinion.
That is certainly what it felt like.

And the writing...gawd...the writing is just terrible. And that is saying something for Destiny.
Tex117
AG
I don't even know if this is the last Destiny thread we had (because wow, it fell off), but I ran into Kill and Boogie in Helldivers 2....Good to see those guys!

dcaggie04
AG
Tex117 said:

I don't even know if this is the last Destiny thread we had (because wow, it fell off), but I ran into Kill and Boogie in Helldivers 2....Good to see those guys!

I've been playing D2 off and on. I've been doing the big single player games such as Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth and FF7 Rebirth. I got on a few times this week. Will probably try out the new stuff the put out in the Into the Light content coming out in a few weeks.
Naveronski
AG
I wanna check out Helldivers, but with Steam showing over 4K hrs in D2, I don't see myself leaving before TFS.
Pac1698
AG
Any of you guys still play D2? I got back on a couple months ago and looking for a fireteam to complete Pantheon and the whisper/zero hour missions. This is Boomer1698, PS5.
dcaggie04
AG
I'm on every so often, usually at least once a week to do stuff.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.