Helldivers 2

14,351 Views | 188 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by evan_aggie
WGann3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A couple of reasons PC users were livid about this. One, a bunch of countries can't create PS accounts there. So they were going to be completely SOL on playing and/or refunding. And two, they don't want to have to give their information to Sony who has quite the recent security history:

April 2011: Hackers Access Personal Data of 77 Million Sony PlayStation Network Users
May 2011: Personal Details on 25 Million Sony Online Entertainment Customers Stolen
June 2011: Sony Pictures Website Hacked, Exposing One Million Accounts
November 2014: Hackers Steal 100 Terabytes of Data from Sony Pictures
August 2017: Hacker Group Accesses Sony Social Media Accounts
September 2023: Sony Investigates Alleged Hack
October 2023: Sony Notifies Employees of Data Breach
Fenrir
They sold the game in hundreds of countries that they do not have PSN support for. Most of those nations are not particularly large and I'd say the overall percentage of the HD2 community impacted is relatively small...however I'd say it's a generally poor business tactic to sell a game and then retroactively remove people's ability to play it because of something only the publisher controls and people were reasonably annoyed.

All the big publishers have a history of ****ty, anti-consumer behavior. It's nice to see them knocked back a peg or two once in a while.
KidDoc
AG
Fenrir said:

They sold the game in hundreds of countries that they do not have PSN support for. Most of those nations are not particularly large and I'd say the overall percentage of the HD2 community impacted is relatively small...however I'd say it's a generally poor business tactic to sell a game and then retroactively remove people's ability to play it because of something only the publisher controls and people were reasonably annoyed.

All the big publishers have a history of ****ty, anti-consumer behavior. It's nice to see them knocked back a peg or two once in a while.
It would be interesting to know how many players are actually from these countries, the list is much longer than I expected though.

All countries where PlayStation Network is available (and countries where it's not) (sportskeeda.com)

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
redline248
AG
Training manual tip: the best way to maintain personal space is with bullets.
Rule Number 32
AG
Is this game worth starting now or is most of the shine wearing off? Getting a new laptop today and finally able to run it.

Been debating between this, Diablo 4, or Hades 2 which started yesterday.
KidDoc
AG
It is still clipping along at > 100,000 active players daily and that is just on Steam. I think it still has wheels and likely will have additions in the not too distant future.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MW03
AG
I think it's the most fun I've had playing a game in a while. I don't yalls stage in life, but I love it for the fact that I can drop in and play for as little or as long as I want and it doesn't matter. That used to be COD, but I can't keep up now with the kids grinding out better gear and upping their talent level. It's almost more akin to Madden in a way. I can fire up a game of Madden or FIFA and play the computer for a bit and blow off some steam, go 2 weeks, and jump back in. With this, it's the same vein except it's shooting and I'm pairing up with people for co-op. I also don't hate the fact that I'm killing alien bugs and robots, so it's easier to put it on when my 8 year old is running around.
KidDoc
AG
I'm 51 and empty nest with my wife, work 8-5 M-F. I also like that I can just hop on and goof around for 30 minutes or more at the end of the day or on a slow weekend. Especially as I get older I find I enjoy Coop a ton more than PvP for the most part.

Note that this game is not pause friendly however! So I usually play when my wife is gone or going to sleep. My current pause friendly game is Baldur's Gate 3.
Rule Number 32
AG
Thanks y'all. I have younger kids so pause friendly would be nice but I won't likely play until they are in bed anyway. Ever since the game came out I've had some major FOMO and watched a ton of streams. It just looks like a ton of fun
MW03
AG
Rule Number 32 said:

Thanks y'all. I have younger kids so pause friendly would be nice but I won't likely play until they are in bed anyway. Ever since the game came out I've had some major FOMO and watched a ton of streams. It just looks like a ton of fun

It's repetitive, but it hasn't gotten boring for me as an old gamer. My days of spending hours upon hours at a setting playing games are long behind me.
redline248
AG
Even with the repetition of missions you can still find unique play style. Move from attacking a nest or outpost as a squad to going lone wolf while your team is doing another objective.

Try out new strategems and weapons
Thunder18
AG
Me an Xbox user sadly checking this thread daily until they let us join the fun
Fenrir
There were >120k just on one planet right before the end of the last major order.

Right now, middle of work day for the country with the biggest gaming population, there is almost 130k concurrent players.

It's doing well still.
evan_aggie
AG
MW03 said:

I think it's the most fun I've had playing a game in a while. I don't yalls stage in life, but I love it for the fact that I can drop in and play for as little or as long as I want and it doesn't matter. That used to be COD, but I can't keep up now with the kids grinding out better gear and upping their talent level. It's almost more akin to Madden in a way. I can fire up a game of Madden or FIFA and play the computer for a bit and blow off some steam, go 2 weeks, and jump back in. With this, it's the same vein except it's shooting and I'm pairing up with people for co-op. I also don't hate the fact that I'm killing alien bugs and robots, so it's easier to put it on when my 8 year old is running around.

Hit the nail on the head. Boot up and into a match within 60 seconds. I'd have to wait 5 minutes+ for a Tom Clancy title.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.