Monitor recommendation needed

898 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by agracer
aa4136
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm looking for a monitor to hook up to a Macbook Air M2.

Primary functions would be for for a telemedicine job and often having 2-3 windows open at a time for charting and electronic medical record review. Trying to decide between wide screen vs. having two monitor set up (but heard this is not possible with Macbook Airs. No gaming, photo editing, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Budget is anything below $500
rynning
AG
You didn't give a price range, but whatever you get, I would make sure it delivers power over the USB-C cable so you only need to plug in one.

For general use, this one may fit the bill and is not too pricy: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09FRCXSJK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_El7DJLxq9dZE8

This also has a usb "hub" for connecting a mouse and keyboard.
LOYAL AG
AG
I have two of these connected to a MacBook Pro M2 and LOVE them. Each one feels like two 27" monitors so my setup feels like I have four monitors. I'd think if you want two monitors this would do the job for you.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
fig96
AG
I'm personally not a fan of ultrawides, resolution isn't generally as good as a single 4k/5k display would be and the difference right next to a HiDPI Macbook display is probably gonna be noticeable.

I'd look at a Dell or LG 4k 27", there's some workarounds with adapters if you need two external displays.
wcb
AG
I'm running a Samsung 49" at home and a Dell 49" at work. Love them. I'm on Windows but it has an app for creating "virtual" monitors you can configure as you like, then drag and dock to them. Game changer.
agracer
AG
LOYAL AG said:

I have two of these connected to a MacBook Pro M2 and LOVE them. Each one feels like two 27" monitors so my setup feels like I have four monitors. I'd think if you want two monitors this would do the job for you.
Do you have to use two USB-C ports off the Macbook, or can did you daisy chain the monitors together thru a USB-C to there first one (and power) and then display port to the second monitor?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.