Outdoors
Sponsored by

Capt. McBride from Port Mansfield got hit by ray......

24,219 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by Old Sarge
7yrplan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
a number of years ago i was treating a patient that had nec. fac. on her private wonderland. it was one of the nastiest things I have ever seen in the medical field. We were explaining the grafts etc that she was going to need. When we were done, we asked if there were any questions. Her piece of trash boyfriend asked when they were going to be able to have sex. It took every ounce not to punch that guy in the throat. That is a some nasty bacteria. I hope the cap't recovers well.
confucius_ag
AG
I WAS trying to eat lunch.

[This message has been edited by confucius_ag (edited 6/4/2009 12:25p).]
printig
The "slashes" you see are not from the stingray, they're from the bacteria which kills the tissue. There's a reason they call it flesh eating bacteria -- although it does not literally "eat" the flesh, it kills the tissue, which is what makes it look like that.
HTownMARB06
AG
MouthBQ98
AG
holy thread resurrection, batman!!

Wonder how the guy is doing?
duckguide1
scarry stuff....George Rose got hit in the hand taking one off a customers line a couple years ago. He woke up at the boat ramp after passing out from the hit. He was out for some time. Another guide I know in Rockport took over a year to walk without a limp from an ankle hit. I always walk with caution on the bay floor for sure. Hope he heals up OK, being down like that has got to be tough for a fishing guide.
tx4guns
AG
Mike PMd me a couple weeks ago on 2Cool. He's healing up fine. I imagine he'll be back in the water as soon as he can, if he's not already.
DVM97
AG
We exchanged emails this week, he is still healing and plans on being on the water again in mid Sept.

DVM
Old Sarge
AG
I got nailed in the ankle, but will not rehash again. However, speaking of the "pass out" factor I did hear more than one person tell me of an instance at Charlie's between Seadrift and POC.

Late one afternoon, a guy came in by himself through the cut in front of Shoalwater Flats and was driving slow, waving and looked drunk. He came toward the dock at Charlie's slowly and walked away from the wheel onto the front deck of his boat. As the boat bumped the dock he half arse jumped onto the boards along the IC, got up talking with very slurred speach and stumbling along very incoherrent as his boat went out into the IC with no one on board. He staggered about 20 ft and took a face plant in the dirt. Everyone thought he was hammered drunk until they rolled him over and saw he had a bad hit from a Ray.

As stated earlier, I've been nailed bad from one. And thank God I had people with me that knew exactly what to do, as eventually it did affect my ability to think straight.

I'll fish by myself, but after my incident, and the story about the guy at Charlie's, I would not wade by myself.

[This message has been edited by Old Sarge (edited 7/31/2009 10:02p).]
AgeofEase08
AG
Anybody fish with McTrout lately?
shiftyandquick
I didn't read this whole thread, but is it possible that the doctors sliced the foot open to allow better drainage? (i.e. not the ray)
DVM97
AG
I fished with him in April and May, both trips were solid. Buddy fished him 2 weeks ago and they tore up the reds and caught limits of trout, but not big trout. Haven't heard recent reports.

DVM
AgeofEase08
AG
thats weird, we went out with him in july and caught damn near nothing. I am thinking of giving it another try.
Old Sarge
AG
Must have missed it the first time, but 7yearplans post is just...just..horrifying. I'm guessing the boyfriend is still not with that poor girl.

EEEWWWWW.

Nighmares tonight fo sho.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.