Austin
Sponsored by

Need to rehome our 10 month old GSP

1,146 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by MaroonSpirit
VickJD05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey Guys,
I hate having to do this but we need to rehome our 10 month old GSP.

Long story as short as possible.... We had 3 dogs and my wife came home with a puppy. We can't handle 4 dogs.

The dog (Rooster) is great with my 2 year old and 4 month old kiddos. Doesn't really bother our cat. Now for the bad news. He plays extremely rough with other dogs and this (along with protective tendencies) has lead to some fights with the other dogs. He would do best as the only dog in the house.

Asking for help from my Aggie brethren. Not asking for money, just to see that he goes to a good home.

you can email me for pictures or other info at vick 116 at yahoo . com

Thanks
cityagboy
AG
We can't but good luck! I'm sure you will find someone great.

Unpopular opinion but don't ever feel bad rehoming a dog if it's for the right reasons. This sounds like it's the correct move.
BadMoonRisin
AG
A family member of mine has contacts at a Texas GSP Rescue, so I forwarded your post to them.

They said you can contact them and relinquish him and they will find a foster home for Rooster until they can place him in his forever home.

They forwarded this post and your email to a coordinator , so they might reach out.

Hope this helps! My family member has worked with this organization for 10 years and it's very well run and treats the animals very well.
VickJD05
AG
Thanks for the help.

We had sent in a surrender form to them on their website and received no response.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Well, poop. I'll check in and see if I can hear anything that helps. My bad!
MaroonSpirit
AG
Do you have papers on him?
My neighbor has gsps and can probably think of something.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.