Houston
Sponsored by

Steak Houses????

4,004 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by jetch17
SJEAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What contributions...just curious, I don't know what all he does other than his Police gig. Tilman seems to be all over the map politically from what I've seen...i.e having fundraisers at his house for both Bill Clinton and John McCain. He had George Bush Sr speak at one of his GM conferences.

[This message has been edited by SJEAg (edited 7/1/2008 11:51a).]
Diggity
AG
i never let my politics get in the way of a good meal....unless it's aborted fetuses or something.
houstontexan
quote:
strongly disagree on the steak point. It is great food, but their steak doesn't compare to the top tier steak houses.

if you can eat a churassco rare at america's and not want to beat off, then i don't know what to say.

place has great food.
tiny94
Of course it is your personal choice. It is a dumb one. But it is yours.
redag06
Well don't want to break off in to politics but McCain and Clinton are in the liberal catergory! So that doesn't say much.
Diggity
AG
i love the steaks at Churassco's but i agree that they're a bit different than a good steak house.

I think it's the heavy South American style marinate they use. It's takes away from the flavor of the meat a bit.

The prices are certainly in line with any steak house though!
HouAggie
AG
I feel the same about their marinade.
redag06
Yea, most marinades take away a lot of flavor from a good steak. The best steaks I have ever had have been salt and pepper
gindaloon
AG
Don't go to Flemming's, Outback, or Carraabba's (Outback has a stake). One of the Outback founders, and current chairmen is a big supporter of Republican's personally and through a PAC.
houstontexan
mccain isn't liberal. he's barely right of center, but this idea that he's this crazy way left lib is inaccurate.
flipper
I know a few people that don't eat at Fertitta's restaurants b/c of animal rights issues (regarding the white tigers).
tiny94
mmmmmmmm white tiger
Diggity
AG
the best is the baby white tiger...so tender!
redag06
I hear it is better than baby seal
Vernada
AG
quote:
if you can eat a churassco rare at america's and not want to beat off, then i don't know what to say.

place has great food.

I completely agree that they're food is great. I'm simply saying that if I want a good steak, it's not where I'm going.
Sazerac
AG
I finally made it to Pappa's. Everything you could want in a steakhouse.

Gin Martini, Bread/butter, Crab & Mac & Cheese, Rib Eye medium rare, Merlot, Cappuccino, Chocolate cake & Vanilla ice cream. Bourbon at home.

I put it right up there with V&A and Morton's, above Fleming's, Bob's, Palm, & Ruth's Chris.

jetch17
AG
V&A is solid and one of our faves ... fertitta or not.
jetch17
AG
and i will be spending about $200 there this weekend
LawAg04
Flemmings is my favorite because of the atmosphere and the food is great, but surprisingly enough, I went to the Salt Grass in the woodlands and thought the steak was better there... expect to pay a lot of $$$ at Flemmings though. Salt Grass is better if it's not a special event.

Best Steak Ive ever had was at Christophers in CS... man I miss that place.

What do yall think of Perry's? I still haven't been there.
jetch17
AG
as mentioned before, Perrys is OVER-RATED. i would MUCH rather spend that kind of cash at a better steakhouse in town.

the pork chop is the only good thing at perrys, otherwise the steak is average and not worth the price.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.