Houston
Sponsored by

RtT is gone for a while

7,224 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by Green Fairy
highwayman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
http://www.bondsbehindbars.com/williamspeer.html

this sound like anyone you know?
dreyOO
bad bull

whoever you are, next time you think it's such a huge matter, how about at least raising the issue first on the thread or with the site admin???
KW02
AG

Screw this POS guy that thinks he is a big dog and can push people around.
Westicles
AG
Welp, see ya later nextmil. Ever seen that movie "The Game"? Yeah, that's probably going to happen to you now.
sts7049
nextmil
Oh well, if this is the end of me, so be it. I am not saying anything more than the good people over at swamplot have been saying for years.

http://swamplot.com/royce-builders-back-in-business/2008-10-03/

I know, internet fail, I suck at the interwebs.
Texaggie7nine
http://swamplot.com/royce-builders-back-in-business/2008-10-03/

Green Fairy
AG
RtT has been strangely quiet lately. Should we start rounding up money for his bail?

[This message has been edited by Green Fairy (edited 6/23/2010 6:37p).]
Ryan the Temp
AG
I'm not in jail, and I won't be in jail. Besides, I got bail money.

The guy said his project had been vandalized (but did not know how it had been vandalized). He said that my post was directly responsible for the vandalism and that the Harris County Sheriff would be involved. He was very non-specific about what, if anything, had occurred, but by golly, it was just all my fault.

The Sheriff's Dept has had no calls for service at the project address in the past several days, so either the vandalism did not happen or did not warrant a criminal complaint. I suppose he can always go back and call them, but my money is on it never happened in the first place.

He was explicit in saying he found the thread via Google and that there was so much negative information about him on the internet that he was worried about the thread damaging his reputation and his business. (The thread has since been removed at my request).

Bottom line is this guy tried to shake me down because negative things got said about him on the internet. I was the only one with my real name, so he saw an easy target for a shake down. His mission was to get me in trouble at work and threaten my job because he pissed of someone else and they said something about it. He freely admitted he only wanted to talk to my superiors about it.

I'm not in trouble, and my job is in not in danger (sorry to disappoint you, Mr. Speer). In fact, I just got the best performance evaluation of my career.

Like I said before, though, I was encouraged to re-evaluate the appearance associated with timestamps on my posts. If I don't post during the day, I can't be accused of acting as an agent of the City when someone gets all butthurt.

When I spoke to him yesterday, he told me to call two specific people at GHBA who would say all kinds of nice things about him.

I called one of them today.

He didn't have much of anything to say one way or the other, but he was surprised to hear about how the guy tried to shake me down over some stupid internet crap.

Even if something DID happen, even if someone DID pour wolf urine on the slab, as I had joked, I am not responsible for the actions of someone else because I cannot force someone to act out something they read on the internet (but it sure would keep away deer and other unwanted wildlife).

I'm glad he has nothing better to do with his time than to hunt down people from the internet and tattle on them like a 5 year old. While he's doing that, I'll be at work making Houston a better place to live.

DISCLAIMER: This post does not reflect the views or opinions of my employer or anyone else. In fact, it might not even reflect my own views or opinions. This is the internet, and we all know you shouldn't believe everything you see on the internet. Furthermore, this is TexAgs, where most things are not taken seriously. If you think this post is serious, it may or may not be, and it's not my fault if you are wrong. If you aren't sure, ask.

[This message has been edited by Ryan the Temp (edited 6/25/2010 4:19p).]
Texangler
Aggie or not, I'm half a handle deep in Crown Royal and I'm on my way to set fire to one of these Royce Homes. Maybe two depending on how many matches it takes. This company has screwed too many people. It's time to pay.
Texaggie7nine

[This message has been edited by Texaggie7nine (edited 6/23/2010 10:45p).]
Jackal99
Dashboard Jesus
texican08
AG
Love it!
MaterialAg
AG

BarryProfit
Ryno, isn't this your second texags related run-in in the last few months, both of which ended up having work ramifications?

You seem like a good dude and the board is better for you being here, but you might think harder about taking a break. This is your career we are talking about, and even if your boss agrees you aren't doing anything wrong at some point he/she may grow tired of having the same conversation.

Just my opinion that you didn't ask for.
texican08
AG
Orrrrr

Legally change your name so none can rat on you. Which is likely what I would do before giving up texags...
Ag of Enlightenment
AG
quote:
I can't be accused of acting as an agent of the City when someone gets all butthurt

must....resist...joke...
Jock 07
AG

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 6/24/2010 12:11a).]
Topdog
I bet this has something to do with new homes!!! Just putting 2 and 2 together. If so the dude is a complete jack ***.
Vernada
AG
quote:
I'll be at work making Houston a better place to live.
RK
AG
i would never encourage anyone to ever go take a steaming sh*t on this guys doorstep.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
So, wait a second, this d-bag, Speer, has some shady workers, a lot of negative publicity, found a thread online that spoke poorly of one of his projects, called your boss to try to get you fired, didn't want to talk to you about, tried to find some half ass references to vouch for him, and was generally a little beeyatch.

And this guy is one of our 'distinguished alumni'?
Arminius
quote:
i would never encourage anyone to ever
  • go take a steaming sh*t on this guys doorstep
  • leave a flaming bag of dog poo on this guys doorstep
  • pour sugar in his gas tank
  • prank call his house/business
  • sit outside his house in an unmarked/creepy vehicle for hours
  • send his wife fake notes from a supposed 'other woman'/mistress
  • shave/dye his dog/cat
  • put bleach in his sprinkler system or on his lawn

Nope. All that's something that we on TexAgs would never do or encourage anyone else to do...
Jack Klompus
AG
Geeze you guys are good.
KW02
AG
quote:
And this guy is one of our 'distinguished alumni'?

No. It is his pr-ck son.

Arminius,you also left off the wolf piss and the deal about putting stuff in your own water hose so they get a surprise when they use your water.
Arminius
I left off the 'FIFY' and a host of other "concepts" since I was alluding to the fact that

We are TexAgs and we know stuff

'nuff said.
dutch_chicken
AG
Well, this has now hit SwampLot.

Awesome.
bluefire579
AG
This is just like the whole Tanya thing where someone tried to get her fired from her job for her political beliefs. Sickening how people will go to such extremes over something said over the internet.

On a side note, I may have been the only one who caught this and laughed my ass off:

quote:
prison aint so bad. you can make sangria in the terlet. course it shank or be shanked.
scrappy94ag
Speer and Royce Homes.

Or Vespa, or whatever it is now.

That explains alot.
notheranymore
Allsome...

http://swamplot.com/shawn-speer-will-not-stand-for-wolf-urine-on-his-slab/2010-06-24/#more-19507

An Aggie's Wife
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
what is swamplot
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
what is swamplot

A blog/site about everything pertaining to Houston real estate. That's the best I can summarize it at least.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.