Houston
Sponsored by

****CITY UNDER SIEGE - 2024****

90,181 Views | 817 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Jugstore Cowboy
txags92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Build It said:

https://abc13.com/harding-botched-drug-raid-dennis-tuttle-and-rhogena-nicholas-deaths-disgraced-hpd-officer-gerald-goines-murder-charges-dropped/14575011/

Goines walks! Just unbelievable. Justice will never be served. HPD gets away with murder again.
Sea Speed
AG
CDUB98 said:

Just terrible.

An absolute travesty and 100% why i can ever so slightly understand where the ACAB people come from.
Al Bula
AG
What exactly was too broad about this indictment?

I'm just a caveman, sometimes the legalese of these activist judges frightens and confuses me.

Sometimes when they release violent criminals back on the streets, I want to rant from behind my keyboard or whatever. Sometimes I wonder if there is a liberal-run conspiracy to increase crime in order to justify more authority and oppression.

I don't know! My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts.
htxag09
AG
I have full confidence that our next DA will right this wrong!
txags92
AG
htxag09 said:

I have full confidence that our next DA will right this wrong!
New DA is going to find himself square in the middle of an intersectional bingo card nightmare. Goines is a cop, so ACAB applies for the new DA. But he is black and the victims are white, so clearly Goines was oppressed and should be seen as the victim.
BBRex
AG
Quote:

Goines continues to face six other charges in Harris County related to the raid, as well as federal civil rights charges.
So there's still some hope.
Build It
AG
The murder charge needs to happen. The people were executed by HPD and covered up not so well. This guy, the judge who signed the warrant, and the ex police chief who encourages and approved the no knock raids all need to be sitting in a cell.
agnerd
AG
I think this is the last straw to get me to leave Harris County. I'm usually on the cops' side, but at this point it almost feels like the cops and the criminals deserve each other. I wouldn't even know how to react if I were ever on a jury. I wouldn't be able to trust anything either side said.
maroon barchetta
Unbelievable.

And yet totally expected.

Absolute clown world.
Irish 2.0
From what I gather, they can still indict and prosecute for murder hopefully. The DA was just too broad. I hate Ogg and her successor will be a million times worse. This appears to be laziness in the DA's office.

Gaines should spend the rest of his life in jail.
12Power
Those little stabbers were smart enough to put on black gloves before committing the attack.
El Gallo Blanco
Sea Speed said:

CDUB98 said:

Just terrible.

An absolute travesty and 100% why i can ever so slightly understand where the ACAB people come from.
Reverse the races and do we think he gets off?

Derek Chauvin got MURDER for knee on the back, as prescribed in their manual, of a career felon who robbed pregnant women at gunpoint who just happened to be overdosing on enough fentanyl to kill a small village.

This is like...a million times worse. But black on white, so whatevs.

Unpopular to say, but our modern "justice system" is heavily rigged in favor of blacks, and against whites. Change my mind.
Diggity
AG
that would certainly explain the disproportionate number of white people in jail, compared to their relative population.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Houston's broke again!

Firefighter's kids shoes held on with duct tape; subsist one Lunchable per day.
CDUB98
AG
I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell ya, that ole Sly was spending like a drunken sailor.
txags92
AG
There are a bunch of cities that were receiving millions to "help them recover from Covid" that were budgeting the funds as if they were going to be part of the budget every year. Now that they are not, cities are scrambling to find a way to keep funding the staffing levels the temporary funds allowed.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Here come the speeding tickets, code citations, etc.
CDUB98
AG
txags92 said:

There are a bunch of cities that were receiving millions to "help them recover from Covid" that were budgeting the funds as if they were going to be part of the budget every year. Now that they are not, cities are scrambling to find a way to keep funding the staffing levels the temporary funds allowed.
Because progressives are at the same time corrupt grifters and dumbasses.
BohunkAg
AG
txags92 said:

A bunch of people too
txags92
AG
CDUB98 said:

txags92 said:

Because progressives are at the same time corrupt grifters and dumbasses.
Absolutely.
El Gallo Blanco
Diggity said:

that would certainly explain the disproportionate number of white people in jail, compared to their relative population.
This brings up a good point, you are right that black males (roughtly 6-7% of the population) commit something like 60% of the violent crimes, and are therefore FAR more likely to be incarcerated. That is a STAGGERING figure. I agree with you.

With that in mind, does anyone really notice if a blue craphole city lets out several dozen violent hoodlums who have no business ever seeing the free world again, in the name of "racial justice"? Do people notice if they treat a black cop who actually murders innocent white people in their home much differently than a white cop who does not murder a suspect but gets charged with murder anyways as a political sacrifice to appease the violent mobs?

Aside from the victims and their families, and us crime nerds...I think very few ppl notice this stuff and are hip to it.
maroon barchetta
People are idiots that are glued to TikTok and the next sneaker drop and the next Real Housewives drama.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
You'd almost think Whitmire were a republican if not for the (D) next to his name.
CDUB98
AG
I get the feeling that he's more fiscally conservative, but certainly a raging leftist socially. But, thankfully, as far as I've seen, he's set the social issues aside and focused on the financial problems.
El Gallo Blanco
CDUB98 said:

I get the feeling that he's more fiscally conservative, but certainly a raging leftist socially. But, thankfully, as far as I've seen, he's set the social issues aside and focused on the financial problems.
He should not even be talking about making us pay more in taxes. ONLY cutting spending should be on the table. F these crooks. Figure it our you democrat dufuses...you got us here...and it's the same story in every blue city. Everything you touch turns to sh**...maybe the problem is YOU.
cryption
What the hell did they spend the money on? I live in the city limits and it's crapper than ever. The roads need a big truck to not bend wheels and mash oil pans. Trash and recycle are always late, and heavy trash skips months sometimes. I could go on and on. City services, and the overall appearance and maintenance of the city have been really suffering. From my point of view I can't see where all the money has gone and I'll be the last one to give the city MORE money to throw away
Bondag
AG
cryption said:

What the hell did they spend the money on? I live in the city limits and it's crapper than ever. The roads need a big truck to not bend wheels and mash oil pans. Trash and recycle are always late, and heavy trash skips months sometimes. I could go on and on. City services, and the overall appearance and maintenance of the city have been really suffering. From my point of view I can't see where all the money has gone and I'll be the last one to give the city MORE money to throw away

To hire Turner's friends to not do anything. There is an entire department devoted to it.
bigjag19
AG
Saw 3 shadows out yesterday in places I've never seen them.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Who was the Texans player that donated a fleet of 'em to HPD? Wha'd he do to deserve that?
TarponChaser
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Who was the Texans player that donated a fleet of 'em to HPD? Wha'd he do to deserve that?

Wasn't that Mario Williams?
txags92
AG
bigjag19 said:

Do they still say "to protect and serve" on the side in ghosted out letters? If they are hiding from you, they are not there to protect you.
bigjag19
AG
txags92 said:

bigjag19 said:

Do they still say "to protect and serve" on the side in ghosted out letters? If they are hiding from you, they are not there to protect you.

Will have to look at this next time.
TheRatt87
It's closer to 2% of the total population responsible for 61% of violent crime/50% of murders.
~13% is all blacks.
~6% is black males.
~4% is black males 15-40.
50% of that 4% is black males 15-40 without a father in the home. So 2%.
Bondag
AG
Bondag said:

cryption said:

To hire Turner's friends to not do anything. There is an entire department devoted to it.

https://www.houstontx.gov/obo/director.html
TarponChaser
Bondag said:

Bondag said:

cryption said:

https://www.houstontx.gov/obo/director.html

If I see an attorney with those credentials in that kind of job I assume they're a crappy lawyer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.