Houston
Sponsored by

Good BBQ in houston?

3,302 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 16 yr ago by Echoes97
twinmom'97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
County Line is off of 1960 near 249.
I haven't been there in a while though.

Demeris does have the Jalapeno corn side dish that I love! 2 Locations that I know of Shepherd near Westheimer & 290 @ 610.

Rudy's opened in Spring (I-45 @ Louetta) a couple of weeks ago and is busy everytime I go by.

My current fav is Country BBQ (I-45, Rayford road, Richards Road). Pit Masters in The Woodlands is supposed to be good also.
tamug90
williams smokehouse is awesome.
Jock 07
AG
I've yet to find good bbq in town; i thought that luling was decent but definetly not for the price. on the NW side Harris County smokehouse is decent also. Back in the day I thought Rudy's was pretty good but that has drasticaly dropped off in the past ~10 years. Still need to try this pizatola and the place in the hood
Furlock Bones
AG
i'm telling you guys nonmacher's is the sheet.
jja79
AG
I work around the corner from Nonmachers and maybe it used to be good. Gave it 2 tries and will keep looking.
agracer
AG
quote:
I personally like Goode Company at Kirby and Westpark, but many people have divergent opinions on that place

That's b/c bread with dry meat and nothing else is not good BBQ. I've given that place a 2nd and 3rd chance. I won't even go if someone else buys. Overpriced and over rated.

I honestly think people say it's good b/c that's what everyone tells them. Of course I don't think many people know what good food is to begin with. Their selection at home is probably marginal at best so any eat out has to be good. I'm spoiled. My wife is an exceptional cook so the place has to be REALLY, REALLY good for me to go back.

Story to prove point. Once at lunch I had left overs. No one at the table could believe the mashed potatos I was eating were "FROM SCRATCH!" As in pealed potatos not the boxed kind. 4-5 people all said their wife made the boxed kind.
Wolfman03
AG
The "from scratch" potato story is a prime example of why our country has a lot of overweight and obese people - processed food vs freshly prepared food.
dreyOO
i'm never marrying anybody that makes me 'potatos' out of a box
Farmer1906
AG
Drexlers
Jock 07
AG
1906 i assume the popcorn icon means your joking; correct?
Farmer1906
AG
I always use the popcorn, but of course I was not being serious.
Ronnie
AG
I never looked closely enough to determine that this icon was popcorn.

I think people said it looked like the little smilie was gagged over the mouth, I just assumed it was that. Doesn't explain the smilie's deformed top of head though.
schmendeler
AG
your wife must be an exceptionally good time manager to peel, boil, and mash potatoes for dinner after coming home from being at work all day.
Furlock Bones
AG
no need to ever peel potatoes for mashed potatoes.
schmendeler
AG
it depends on the kind of presentation you are going for.
agracer
AG
quote:
your wife must be an exceptionally good time manager to peel, boil, and mash potatoes for dinner after coming home from being at work all day.

At the time we did not have kids so it was easy. Now, she's a stay at home mom and her cooking has only gotten better.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
it depends on the kind of presentation you are going for.

in my opinion, presentation should never come as a sacrifice to the food.
schmendeler
AG
i agree, but i would say that the peels, while not detracting from the mashed potatoes, don't add anything vital, either.

i'll eat them either way. as long as they are real, not instant.
Scantron882
AG
I used to get better meals before we had kids and my wife still worked. She spends so much time on the kids foods, that our meal is an after thought.

One of my favorites with the mashed potatoes was when she would blend in some ranch dressing in lieu of the milk/cream/butter. Good stuff.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:

i agree, but i would say that the peels, while not detracting from the mashed potatoes, don't add anything vital, either.

then we can agree to disagree. i find the peel to be quite tasty, and it offers the health benefit of fiber.
schmendeler
AG
oh, and it's red!
Diggity
AG
quote:
I honestly think people say it's good b/c that's what everyone tells them

thanks for the advice. i don't what i'd do without a condescending food expert who eats....REAL mashed potatoes and makes all the fellas at the office jealous that their lunch pails only had stovetop.
schmendeler
Wolfman03
AG
Diggity
Dr.Rumack
Drexler's is closed. Have yet to hit Williams.
el aggie
AG
Tried Demeris, I was not impressed. Their macaroni and cheese was good, potato salad had a very strange texture to the potatoes, and the sauce seemed very thin / watered down. The meat was meat, not much else. I liked the meat at Goode Co. much better. Next try will be Williams Smokehouse.

Has anyone ever tried Brisket BBQ, near Bisonnet and Bellaire?
houstontexan
Luling and William's Smokehouse in the 44 are the best I've had here
Dr.Rumack
quote:
in the 44

Huh?
BohunkAg
AG
quote:
What's the name of the BBQ joint off 1960, I believe it is between 45 and 59.

Big head Rich Lord always raves about how good their BBQ po-boys are.

Only places out there are Barney's and Mo's. Barney's is so-so, and Mo's SUCKS. Of course, Rich Lord recommending it should tell you that.
RK
AG
44 = acres homes.
Ronnie
AG
from PA to acres homes baby what it do
crewez
AG
I can also vouch for BIL's on the east side and Central Texas in Pearland
Cyprian
AG
Hickory Hollow was a favorite stop, back when I used to work in that area. Take the Fallbrook exit from 8, head east and you'll run into it on the left after a couple of miles.
SPO_Rat_91
What about the Rib Tickler in Tomball?

I've heard about that place but never been.

Is it any good?
pnut02
AG
Mo's BBQ is on 1960 between 45 and 59

I've heard good things about Rib Tickler

quote:
What about the Rib Tickler in Tomball?

I've heard about that place but never been.

Is it any good?

[This message has been edited by pnut02 (edited 10/16/2007 3:10p).]
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.