West Texas
Sponsored by

McCamey Softball Player Intentionally Targeted Cisco Player?

1,993 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by TequilaMockingbird
UTExan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"The first incident happened when the catcher appeared to throw the ball down the third base line. However, the Cisco batter was hit in the head in the process."

"During the second incident, the batter fell to the ground after being struck by the ball. "What was that?" could be heard as the crowd reacted with oohs. There did not appear to be any runners on first or third base during the second throw."

" The UIL sent a statement to KMID saying the organization "is aware of an incident that occurred during the McCamey vs. Cisco Softball Playoff Series." Officials added that they were "in contact with the school administrations to gather additional information."

" Two other schools may have been subjected to similar experiences when they played against McCamey, according to a report from KAMR4."

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/texas-high-school-league-investigates-softball-catcher-appears-to-intentionally-throw-batters-head.amp
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
TequilaMockingbird
On the second one, there was a runner on second base that started towards third base but went back. But it still looked intentional to me.
FishrCoAg
AG
TequilaMockingbird said:

On the second one, there was a runner on second base that started towards third base but went back. But it still looked intentional to me.

Yep. And the third baseman didn't appear to be looking for a throw
LoneStarBQ
AG
I don't think there's a doubt that it was intentional
LoneStarBQ Fightin' Texas Aggie Band Class of 89 Midland, TX
TequilaMockingbird
The coach got two years probation. I saw one report that said he's been relieved of his duties, but they may be misinterpreting his probation.

https://sanangelolive.com/news/sports/2023-05-23/uil-slams-mccamey-athletics-over-viral-video-incident
TequilaMockingbird
Found this-

Quote:

McCamey ISD Superintendent Michael Valencia announced to the committee that Woodard would not return to coaching softball at McCamey High, though that had been decided before these incidents, as Woodard was only coaching because of a staffing shortage.

Woodard will continue his service as the head football coach and athletic director of McCamey ISD during his probation. UIL has said that if any similar incidents take place at McCamey ISD athletic events during this two-year probation, the punishment will be more severe.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.