Key Allegro Bridge Update

17,380 Views | 135 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by YouBet
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lead said:

YouBet said:

Will be there in 8 days. If you look in that blue building in your second pic there is really good fried shrimp in there.

Just thought I would remind y'all.

See ya there. I'll be the guy getting a sunburn.
I'll be the guy standing outside looking at the boat that hasn't worked in three years. And then I'll go inside and make a margarita.
drmwvr
AG
Not a lot of visible progress in the past month. Sheet piles are going in and they are working on the beams that will support the bridge spans. Once that work begins, based on the first half, things will speed up!

On a side note, our canal level is about 12-14" below normal due to the lack of rain. Almost at levels normally seen during strong cold front northerners. Crazy.

YouBet
AG
Was down last week and they are getting close. Email from KA HOA says it will be done in next week or two.
drmwvr
AG
8/12 update. I'm no bridge builder expert but they are more that a few weeks off. Hopeful for rain this weekend regardless!

drmwvr
AG
8/19 update. Still a ways to go but making progress. Last pic after eating some really good fried shrimp for dinner

YouBet
AG
Rub it in!
YouBet
AG
Just got email from HOA that marina was sold. Anyone have the particulars?
drmwvr
AG
Rainy day update.

Brush Country Ag
AG
YouBet said:

Received an email today saying yacht club managers are being replaced . Hope they keep Lan!
YouBet
AG
Brush Country Ag said:

YouBet said:

Received an email today saying yacht club managers are being replaced . Hope they keep Lan!
Saw that. She's a saint. She and a few others tolerated my FIL showing up every night for months to eat dinner when he had dementia. No reservation. He would just walk in and sit down at a table so they just started reserving the same table for him every night because they knew he was just going to walk in.

We were not aware he was doing this and there is no telling how many tips he stiffed or fortunes he paid out because he couldn't count money!
Brush Country Ag
AG
Wow. We'll, maybe we will get a few more "specials"!

BeefAg_00~
drmwvr
AG
They patched the potholes! Still a long way from completion.

YouBet
AG
Yeah, that mid August claim of completion that was issued at the end of July was aggressive.
drmwvr
AG
YouBet said:

Yeah, that mid August claim of completion that was issued at the end of July was aggressive
LOL, not sure why Chris wanted to send that date out given the performance to date. I'd be surprised if they are complete prior to Christmas. No-one was working on it this morning when I drove by around 9 AM.
RethinkTheWeekend
AG
- Bridge: The bridge being completed at end of July/August was laughable. Glad they fixed the potholes as it was starting to look like a gravel road.
- Marina - I got the letter that it was sold and was told they already started working on it. Curious if they will go down the path of adding slips back or if they are going a complete different direction.
- Yacht Club - Curious to hear what happened here. The GM/Chef (name starts with a G and sounds like "arrette" is working as a chef/Gm in Victoria now.
drmwvr
AG
RethinkTheWeekend said:

- Bridge: The bridge being completed at end of July/August was laughable. Glad they fixed the potholes as it was starting to look like a gravel road.
- Marina - I got the letter that it was sold and was told they already started working on it. Curious if they will go down the path of adding slips back or if they are going a complete different direction.
- Yacht Club - Curious to hear what happened here. The GM/Chef (name starts with a G and sounds like "arrette" is working as a chef/Gm in Victoria now.
We should change this thread to KA Gossip! LOL

Bridge- it is, what it is
Marina- they are going back with fixed docks similar to what was there before according to someone close to the project.
KAYC- not sure of the politics of the change but the food is still great!
YouBet
AG
drmwvr said:

RethinkTheWeekend said:

We should change this thread to KA Gossip! LOL

Bridge- it is, what it is
Marina- they are going back with fixed docks similar to what was there before according to someone close to the project.
KAYC- not sure of the politics of the change but the food is still great!
Are my fried shrimp still the best in America?
Brush Country Ag
AG
Had some tonight. Still very good. Now the main bartender has been let go….think it is bartender by default now. Margarita was not quite as good, but very passable.
RethinkTheWeekend
AG
Main bartender a female? Might be the one who is dating gm/chef. If so she is in Victoria too. They both move to same place at same time.
Brush Country Ag
AG
No…she was the Hostess..never saw her behind bar. There are some females that do some bartending, but this was a male…name started with an "I".

The one who was tied to "G" name started with "D".
Brush Country Ag
AG
They need to fix the potholes again…pretty rough right now.
busdriver88
AG
Okay, I have what may be a silly question.

When I finally build on my lot down there (not on KA), is it possible for me to join the Yacht Club? All this fried shrimp talk has me suffering some serious FOMO.
There may not be time to do the job right, but there is always time to do the job over!!
htx97
AG
Yes...just pay the initiation fee and then monthly fees thereafter.
Brush Country Ag
AG
Absolutely….we eat there 2-3 times a week and don't live in KA.
drmwvr
AG
You will need references. We are here for you. Fried shrimp is your payment
drmwvr
AG
Also- latest update. Agree that the potholes suck

YouBet
AG
busdriver88 said:

Okay, I have what may be a silly question.

When I finally build on my lot down there (not on KA), is it possible for me to join the Yacht Club? All this fried shrimp talk has me suffering some serious FOMO.
If you look at the first picture that drmwvr posted above, that blue building on the left is where the fried shrimp are.
drmwvr
AG
Great morning fishing, great lunch (bonus pic of bridge)…. Looking forward to our Ags BTHO MSU!

drmwvr
AG
Nice October day update. BTHO the Gamecocks!

YouBet
AG
Probably gonna have fried shrimp tonight.
drmwvr
AG
French chopped steak for a change of pace. 2nd best entree on the menu IMHO
drmwvr
AG
Update from yesterday. Kinda like our football team….wait until next year!

YouBet
AG
Looking forward to checking non-progress when we come down next weekend for week of Thanksgiving.
RethinkTheWeekend
AG
Its been only those 2-3 dudes working on it the last few times I have been there. January of next years seems optimistic at this point.

I did get the fun experience of being first in line, getting the green light, and then someone coming over the bridge about 5 seconds after the green.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.