Port A Beach Police

2,359 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by mazzag
Nagler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How strict are the police on the beach with having a beer on a golf cart?

We're used to Bolivar where as long as you're not causing an issue they leave you alone. Seems to be a lot more traffic down here so wasn't sure how the police are on the beach.
drmwvr
AG
My understanding is that, even though the road is on the sand beach, it is a named road and therefore you have to abide by all the same rules as a paved road. Drivers license, open containers, DUI, vehicle registration, etc. I haven't been in a few years but that was what we were told. I'm sure some one who is there more often can confirm.
B-1 83
AG
Put it in a Yeti or similar cup.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
The Chicken Ranch
AG
It's the same as any other road or highway in Texas.
Krazykat
AG
Texas DWI laws state, "operating a motor vehicle in a public place.". I've seen people passed out in a parking lot with the car running and in park get charged with DWI. The beach is a public place. Doesn't have to be on a roadway.
Lola68
I have defended two separate clients charged with DWIs while operating golf carts in Port A. Law enforcement will arrest and the DA will prosecute. Don't forget that if there are children in the cart younger than 15, the charge can be bumped up to a felony. Infamous saying goes "Come to Port A on vacation, leave on probation."
AnScAggie
AG
There's a new group of cops in Port A and they are a lot less lenient than previous ones. That said, if it's in a cup and unless you do something stupid, you're good to go in most situations. I do miss the old Port A when we bought down there 16 years ago.
Discovery77
AG
do not do it. PAPD enforces this strictly by the book, for good reason. Place is wild during the summer.
mazzag
AG
Wear your golf cart seat belts as well. And a child that weighs enough to be in a car seat needs to be in one. Don't give them a reason to pull you ovah.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.