Weekend auto adventures

8,292 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by MouthBQ98
Naveronski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Long travel arms and axles arrived... waiting on 8" shocks and will be ready to install.

Should give me about 2" wider per side and a ton more wheel travel.
gravitartx
AG
Took the F150 in for an oil change at the dealer. Somehow the oil pan cracked around the drain bolt, so she will be sitting at Ford for about a week until the new pan comes in. Thank god it's being replaced under warranty, didn't leak a drop of oil until they filled it with new oil. I'm more annoyed the dealer couldn't give me a loaner since they "can't do that on the weekends"

GrapevineAg
AG
That sucks, sounds like their mechanic used to much brrrt on their power tool putting the drain bolt back in.
mm98
AG
Added Airlift HD1000 coil soring air bags last weekend.
MTTANK
AG
Made it an early weekend and picked up a supercharged Harley F150. Was about a thousand mile round trip. Ecoboost 12th gen with 200k miles handled it with ease. Added some Sumo Springs to it recently and have been really impressed.

Silvy
AG
4 door Lightning
GrapevineAg
AG
Replaced a faulty oil pressure sensor on a friend's '12 GMC Sierra. PITA job - iykyk. Also helped fix his front valance / chin spoiler where it attaches to the bumper. In exchange, he helped me with a woodworking project for my truck bed. Productive day.
erudite
Cut and replaced several broken exhaust bolts for the Ranger. Send help on getting the new ones put in.
EskimoJoe
The following has taken place over several weekends

Got tired of the dim sealed beam halogen headlights in the Nationalist, but I don't want the cheesy LED replacements. To keep the stock look but better performance I ordered the conversion from Headlight Experts. They look just like factory sealed beam lights but the backs are molded to accept LED bulbs.

before with the halogens

LEDs with some reaiming to keep the light going in the somewhat correct pattern.

Also, the salt this winter was getting to the back end.

some sandpaper, primer, and high quality rattle cans got it freshened up. We will see how long it lasts.

Of course, you can't have LEDs in the front but not the back.

the old

installed and lit up

more recently I did rear brake drums, shoes, and a wheel cylinder. Pictures cannot capture the amount of swearing and frustration that project creates. Side note, Hobo Freight brake spring tools bend way too easy.

MouthBQ98
AG
Had a sidewalk blowout after hitting a little bump or object doing 75 on 290 Tuesday afternoon. Got to the side, limped a couple hundred yards to a nearby overpass and put on the donut spare in the shade at least. Really weird blowout, no apparent impact, damage was a semicircular 1.5" hole dead center of the sidewall.

Took the rim in and got a replacement this morning, put it back on at home, and off to work.

Tomorrow I get to train the exhaust stack on the tractor. Took a hit from a wad of fallen limbs and a treetop.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Trans fluid/filter on my 07 yukon denali today. Fluid was so dirty. I assume this is its second service. Bought with 135k on the clock and changed fluid/filter then (delco/transmax). Added a 40k trans cooler at about 140k, has 170k now. Did i mention its dirty? Like way overdue motor oil dirty...but no sludge, hardly any goo on the magnet, nothing big. Bets on whether or not i make 200k? Last 35k included a lot of towing, now I shouldn't be towing much anymore, but a lot of mountain driving.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
GrapevineAg said:

Replaced a faulty oil pressure sensor on a friend's '12 GMC Sierra. PITA job - iykyk.

Truth. Pro tip for next time: unbolt the trans mount and jack it up until it hits the body, it rotates the motor forward just enough to make that job suck less
MouthBQ98
AG
Cutting a square out of a rusted tractor rim and welding a patch, then grinding off the rust and repainting it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.