A nod of thanks to Ford Credit

1,556 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by ME92
TikkaShooter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I lost my dad in March. It was sudden, tragic, unexpected. All the things.

He had recently purchased a 2024 F150, financed through Ford Motor. My dad wasn't the best with his money, having traded in a previous F150 that still had a note, putting very little down on this new truck, and financing it for 84 months. All to say, the numbers weren't pretty. He was upside down.

Trying to understand my options, I learned that FMCo has a program where vehicles of the deceased, if financed through Ford Credit, can be returned to a dealer, and the debt goes uncollected. They call it their Peace of Mind program.

It took 2 quick phone calls to some very helpful, kind, and considerate customer service representatives to shake out the details and learn that my dad's truck qualified for the program, no matter the finances. Ford is taking the truck back.

I don't know how many other financial institutions have a program like this, but I was overwhelmed by the compassion that my family was shown by FMCo. While my family doesn't currently own any Fords, I felt compelled to pass this along to the auto board. The dealership experience can be so awful, for so many reasons. But there are still kind and caring folks out there, and at least a few of them work for FMCo.

Hug your loved ones,

Tikka
TecRecAg
AG
Had no clue something like that exists. Good on them and sorry to hear about your Dad.
Yesterday
AG
That's a good program and glad you had a pleasant experience with them.

I do wonder though, what other option would they have?
TikkaShooter
I would assume, like any creditor, they could go after the estate of the deceased. I was fully prepared to start that process, and very surprised to see a program that dissolved the financial contract.
TikkaShooter
Thank you TecRec
FIDO95
AG
I'm sorry for your loss. My dad, Class of '62, has been really slowing down. I'm dreading the day I have to deal with a similar situation.

I have never heard of that program. Kudos to Ford and Ford Financing for having a plan like that in place. Thanks for sharing the information.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TikkaShooter
Hug your dad. I never got to at the end. Hope you guys still have a lot of good memories to make.
bam02
AG
Sorry for your loss. Very cool that they offer that and that they made it easy for you.
aggie93
AG
Great thread and kudos to Ford!

Very sorry for your loss, I think about my Dad every day and he's been gone 5 years now.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
reproag
AG
TikkaShooter said:

I lost my dad in March. It was sudden, tragic, unexpected. All the things.

He had recently purchased a 2024 F150, financed through Ford Motor. My dad wasn't the best with his money, having traded in a previous F150 that still had a note, putting very little down on this new truck, and financing it for 84 months. All to say, the numbers weren't pretty. He was upside down.

Trying to understand my options, I learned that FMCo has a program where vehicles of the deceased, if financed through Ford Credit, can be returned to a dealer, and the debt goes uncollected. They call it their Peace of Mind program.

It took 2 quick phone calls to some very helpful, kind, and considerate customer service representatives to shake out the details and learn that my dad's truck qualified for the program, no matter the finances. Ford is taking the truck back.

I don't know how many other financial institutions have a program like this, but I was overwhelmed by the compassion that my family was shown by FMCo. While my family doesn't currently own any Fords, I felt compelled to pass this along to the auto board. The dealership experience can be so awful, for so many reasons. But there are still kind and caring folks out there, and at least a few of them work for FMCo.

Hug your loved ones,

Tikka
Sorry for your loss Tikka. T&P
Absolute
AG
Also had no idea.

That is really great of them. Having lost my Dad a couple of years ago, I understand completely what you are going through emotionally and logistically trying to handle things. Pretty awesome to actually see a corporate entity have a little common sense and compassion.
ME92
AG
Everybody, hug your dad if you still can. Things can change so quickly.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.