Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

GLP-1 Peptides Mounjaro/Tirzepatide, Ozempic/Wegovy/Semaglutide - any experience?

12,044 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by Teddy Perkins
agdoc-ultrarunner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
my daughter is on ozempic . She is 23yo and has lost from 245 to 167 since 1/1/23. She is running on a treadmill at least 3 days a week. She is in her college band as well so she gets a decent amount of activity in. She tells me the two things she has noticed the most are
1. her "food noise" is gone. She no longer thinks about foot nor is it and obsession to her any longer.
2. She has early satiety or gets full quicker with eating.
I has taught her a few things, one being appreciating how much she used to eat compared to now. Has learned to listen to her stomach and eating till full rather than eating all that she placed on her plate and then some.

Her goal is about 140#, she is about 5'3". She says she just loves now being able to do what she wants without getting short of breath or just plain hurting or feeling sluggish. She states when she does feel like eating something she shouldn't she then remembers how bad she feels afterwards as well as how good she feels with less weight.
So yes studies show you gain the weight back when stopping, but for a few they appreciate how good it feels to be normal and that can be > the desire to overeat and return to their previous lifestyle.

I see this as a huge benefit over the gastric bypass way of weight loss with altering your anatomy surgically with a whole host of potential complications resulting from this.

Just my two cents as a dad of someone using a glp-1 agonist and a physician as well
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Harry Stone
AG
My family has a compounding pharmacy and we make a ton of Semaglutide/Tirzepatide. if anyone needs it, PM me and i can help.
aggie4231
AG
Only part I don't like about using Mounjaro is the pains of getting a refill.

I'm on the 10mg dose (since Feb/Mar). For July, I sent my request in a Week before my last dose, not available before going to Vegas. Transferred to Vegas, couldn't get it while on Vacation. Transferred back to Texas, not available. Decided to fill a lower dose that was still active.

For August, sent in refill for the 10mg dose a week before my last lower dose shot, and it was ready on time.

Now my current 10mg refill is delayed due to availability.
TAMUG'04 Marine Fisheries.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Harry Stone said:

My family has a compounding pharmacy and we make a ton of Semaglutide/Tirzepatide. if anyone needs it, PM me and i can help.

Will you email me? Address in profile.
Baron von Bulsh
Harry Stone said:

Just out of curiosity, where is your pharmacy located?
Harry Stone
AG
Baron von Bulsh said:

Harry Stone said:

Houston, but we ship overnight via FedEx.
RoyVal
AG
well I did my consult with my doctor this past friday. I didn't quite make it to 50lbs, but I'm down 48.6lbs since August. I'm going to get my blood work done this morning, but I'm off blood pressure meds. Hell I almost passed out last month and I took my blood pressure and it was like 88/60. Called my Dr and he was like yeah....you've lose the weight, throw away your blood pressure pills!

Tirzepatide has really worked well for me. Now I just have to get this knee back to 100% so I can get back to physical activity (and probably need to stop being lazy like I have this past month LOL). I'm excited to see what the blood work numbers show!
TurboVelo
AG
Harry Stone said:

Baron von Bulsh said:

Harry Stone said:

I am a customer / patient of his pharmacy. I live in Dallas. They are absolutely phenomenal. When I send in a refill, they generally refill it that day and I have it in hand the next day.
Harry Stone
AG
TurboVelo said:

Harry Stone said:

Baron von Bulsh said:

Harry Stone said:

I am a customer / patient of his pharmacy. I live in Dallas. They are absolutely phenomenal. When I send in a refill, they generally refill it that day and I have it in hand the next day.

Thank you so much for the compliment. If the service is ever subpar please let me know and we will make sure to fix it.
TecRecAg
AG
Very happy to have found this thread. Just took my first dose of ozempic. 5'10 282# male. BMI certainly over 30. Curious to see how this goes!!
Jbob04
AG
I noticed on recent Ozempic commercials they are now putting a disclaimer that this medication isn't designed for weight loss.
True Anomaly
AG
Jbob04 said:

I noticed on recent Ozempic commercials they are now putting a disclaimer that this medication isn't designed for weight loss.
I know they have to do this because of how FDA approval and subsequent monitoring works….

It's so strange to me that both Ozempic and Wegovy are the exact same drug, just in different amounts. But only Wegovy is approved for weight loss at the higher dose

But weight loss ALONE can cure type 2 diabetes. There is literally a dose-dependent response of lowering of weight and subsequent lowering of the A1c. Once your A1c is consistently below a certain level, you are essentially "cured" of diabetes

I think non-diabetics should be able to use Ozempic for weight loss only. Some people respond well on the lower dose of Ozempic with less side effects and have real weight loss
GeographyAg
AG
Harry Stone said:

I sent you a PM. I hope you can help me.
If I’m posting, it’s actually Mrs GeographyAg.
Mr. GeographyAg is a dedicated lurker.
KidDoc
AG
True Anomaly said:

Jbob04 said:

I know they have to do this because of how FDA approval and subsequent monitoring works….

It's so strange to me that both Ozempic and Wegovy are the exact same drug, just in different amounts. But only Wegovy is approved for weight loss at the higher dose

But weight loss ALONE can cure type 2 diabetes. There is literally a dose-dependent response of lowering of weight and subsequent lowering of the A1c. Once your A1c is consistently below a certain level, you are essentially "cured" of diabetes

I think non-diabetics should be able to use Ozempic for weight loss only. Some people respond well on the lower dose of Ozempic with less side effects and have real weight loss
It is dumb but that is how the FDA works. The weight loss noted on ozempic was basically an accident. Once the drug maker saw how impressive it was they started a trial of various doses on non diabetic obese people to prove it works. Since it is for a different condition they brand it under a different name. That also allows them to extend the patent on the molecule ($$$$).

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
clobby
AG
fc2112
KidDoc,

Please clarify for me. A lot of websites, run by doctors, claim that users of Wegovy have to stay on it perpetually.

In other words, yes you'll see weight loss but you have to stay on Wegovy, even after your BMI is in the healthy range, in order to maintain it.

Is this really true? It seems like, with any medication, once the root issue has been cured, you no longer need the medication.
KidDoc
AG
fc2112 said:

KidDoc,

Please clarify for me. A lot of websites, run by doctors, claim that users of Wegovy have to stay on it perpetually.

In other words, yes you'll see weight loss but you have to stay on Wegovy, even after your BMI is in the healthy range, in order to maintain it.

Is this really true? It seems like, with any medication, once the root issue has been cured, you no longer need the medication.
Like all weight journies it depends on diet and lifestyle after you stop. Most studies show a bump up once you stop but most people don't regain all the weight. The current data suggests 20% weight loss with 10% is rebound.
fc2112
But I suppose that - once your BMI is under 30.0 (or 28.0 for those with other conditions), one's insurance likely stops paying for it

Which means most would get off of it.
TequilaMockingbird
I've been on Ozempic for a month for Type 2 diabetes. I also take daily insulin shots and various meds.

After a couple of weeks I've noticed I'm belching a lot. Anyone else have this issue?
Pepper Brooks
AG
Tequila + soda w/lime will do that.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
KidDoc
AG
TequilaMockingbird said:

I've been on Ozempic for a month for Type 2 diabetes. I also take daily insulin shots and various meds.

After a couple of weeks I've noticed I'm belching a lot. Anyone else have this issue?
One of the things they do is drastically decrease gastric emptying time. Especially if you have gassy drinks/foods you will get the burps. Can alter diet or try Gas-X.

TequilaMockingbird
I've lost 6 pounds since starting. I have another month to go before we check my A1C.
trailrunner
AG
I work on a hospital floor where we see a lot of GI cases. Keep in mind that we are see a lot of bad cases and not necessarily the good but we are definitely seeing problems w Ozempic. Will be curious to see if patients have been studied long term for gastroparesis risk. I haven't personally looked into this but am curious now.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Any recommendations for Houston doctors that can prescribe Zepbound/Mounjaro and oversee a weight loss program? I'm near the med center.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.