Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Stationary bike recs?

1,656 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by aggie_wes
jsc8116
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife would like one for moderate home use. Nothing fancy or anything requiring monthly memberships(Peloton).
Have read good reviews for https://yosudabikes.com/ but being strictly online has me worried if there is a problem. Would like to stay below $1k on price. TIA
Ragoo
AG
Buy an entry or used road bike and a simple flywheel trainer.
MouthBQ98
AG
I have a budget model Yosuda. It's simple and basic but for $350, it gets the job done. It is sufficiently well built and is stable and feels sturdy. It doesn't have any electronics besides a basic distance/time/calories display. I use it for low impact cardio and in workouts requiring biking.
Sponge
AG
Basic ones with a manual resistance you can get $200-300 from say Sunny Health. In the $600 range you can get auto resistance with Bluetooth to work with third party POV training such as Kinomap or Rouvy. These bikes you can always go full manual or use simple built in routines but you have the option to go third part subscription which is not tied to the bike. And that is much cheaper than forced integration with say peloton or norditrack.
jtraggie99
AG
Sounds about like what I have (a basic Yosuda). I got it a few years ago when doing rehab after hip surgery. I use it on days when I'm not doing anything else (didn't get to the gym or yoga) or as a warm up before squat / deadlift days. It's been fine, no issues. I've been thinking about replacing it with an air bike though.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Assault bike or Rogue Echo is next on my list. Probably different than what you want, but appeals to me.

I already own a Peloton and also a bike trainer for my ironman training. A used Peloton is good and in that price range, but the subscription may be cost prohibitive.

redcrayon
AG
I have the original version of this bike. I've had it three years and use it heavily and it's held up great. No issues.

https://www.amazon.com/Sunny-Health-Fitness-Stationary-Connectivity/dp/B07FCJH59R/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1I73PULJCVD44&keywords=sunny%2Bbike&qid=1704479269&sprefix=sunny%2Bbike%2Caps%2C138&sr=8-4&th=1
jsc8116
AG
I am eyeing this one...anyone have comments why this wouldn't be good? Closeout discount older model..

https://www.soletreadmills.com/products/sole-sb900-2020-model
Mollie03
AG
I really enjoy my concept2 bike. You might find a used one on marketplace for less than $1k.
aggie_wes
AG
I have a Peloton I would part with for around $600. It works without the subscription and there are a few classes available without the subscription as well.

Email at Aggie (dot) Wes [at] Gmail "dot" com if interested.
Matsui
AG
i have a peloton and love it
matureag
AG
I have had two Xterras--Amazon and very cheap. Have over 2K miles on present one and sold earlier on ewith 5K on it. Small, mobile, cheap and function well.
jejdag
Our local Sam's club has the ProForm TdF bike on sale for $250. My sister has had one for years and still solid. New ProForm stuff works with iFit, and comes with a 30 day free trial.
RoyVal
AG
Matsui said:

i have a peloton and love it
same!
TXamc06
AG
Wahoo Kikr Bike
rebel06
AG
We have had the Bowflex C6 bike since 2020 and love it. It's currently $600 which seems like a good deal.

I believe the Schwinn IC4 is nearly an identical bike to the C6 but it's $1000.

Both are compatible with the Peloton app on your iPad or iPhone.
befitter
I'm currently waiting on a Stages SC3 to come back into stock.
aggie_wes
AG
haven't sold my peloton yet (haven't posted anywhere other than here) if anyone is still looking for one.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.