Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

If we win out would we play in the National Title Game?

23,472 Views | 98 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by DTX_12
jbownds89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is this thread seriously still going?
wisdom
AG
Miller58 was right. This is the year the Ags win the MNC. It will be very similar to the 1967 season. The record will be 0-4 for the “pre-season”, occ schedule, with losses to Arky St, NM, Miami and Army. They will all be very close losses, with either the Ags blowing a chance to win late, or a miraculous game ending performance by the opponent. Then the Aggies will blow through the conference schedule, going undefeated for all of the remainder of the games on schedule of the regular season. The closest game will be a win by 21 points. Then they will win the Big 12 playoff game by a score of 49-0 and will end up with a BCS ranking of #2. In the Orange Bowl the Ags will be behind by 3 touchdowns with 4 minutes to go in the 4th quarter, but will put together 3 touchdown drives aided by on-side kicks, with the last drive ending with time running out, on a 60-yard, hail-Mary pass to the end zone which is tipped 16 times before an Aggie finally gains possession of it in the end zone before it touches the ground. The Aggies will be National Champions.
chargeee
You guys are priceless. Good comedy.
NoseBleed
I agree
Martellus Wallace
This is absolutely unbelievable and I sincerely hope it is a troll. MNC? Are you freaking kidding me? We will be lucky to win 6 games. This is the problem with A&M Football. We really think that we have a program. Don't get me wrong...I root for the Ags and desperately want us to be good, but our sense of our program is completely and totally and unrealistically OUT OF WHACK!!!

There are teams with storied programs who haven't won the MNC is decades. We have a poor program, we don't get the recruits and we havent won a MNC in SEVENTY (70) YEARS, SEVEN ZERO, THIRTY YEARS LESS THAN A CENTURY.

Name any program in the SEC with the exception of maybe Vanderbilt and Kentucky and I can assure you that they would wipe the floor with us.
Thread Sinker
one can only dream...keep dreaming
J40Dogg
quote:
So you really don't think we will play for the Title if we win out? I think we will, 1 loss teams play for the BCS title all the time and we will have some good wins over tu, ou and tech.
And therein lies the problem...there is now chance that it happens. You are unbelievable, yet you seem like you're serious.
Thread Sinker
http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=stands&Number=5681623&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=
d13
AG
We have this same thread every season when we start out playing like suck. It never gets old.
Shall34
Wow. You must have a lot of time on your hands to be dreaming that one up. Wake up, we will be lucky to win 3-4 games this year.
sleepybeagle
AG
It never occured to me that Ark. State might be a powerhouse.

We might not be that bad afterall!
DBAggie
This thread just made it on the Sean and John Show on 1560 in Houston.

They thought it was serious at first and read a few of the "better" posts.
highwayman
this thread just got some play on 1560 The Game in Houston
JuliusCaesarAggie
as long as Gustav dissipates, we have a chance

He got a Touchdown! He got a Touchdown! He got a Touchdown! He got a Touchdown! He got in! He got in! He got in! Oh doctor!
Quantum ace
AG
Richard Justice just read this on 1560 in Houston
JuliusCaesarAggie
what are they saying about us on the Houston radio station?????

He got a Touchdown! He got a Touchdown! He got a Touchdown! He got a Touchdown! He got in! He got in! He got in! Oh doctor!
Quantum ace
AG
that they are more impressed by our trolling ability than our football team.
JuliusCaesarAggie
hey, we succeed at something finally

Vernada
AG
quote:
Heck, it's about 10 times more likely that I'll give birth out my anus to a healthy 10 pound 8 oz. male goat than us winning an NC this year.
strife of 12
I give this troll a B-
scottk1966
AG
boy, i needed a good belly laugh. this thread did the trick.
rockwallfarmer
I think it would be total greatness if Ole Sherman pulled a fast one and just had the team show up to the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision title game. We could act like we thought that was the game we wanted anyway. Even if we didn't get to play the game, our coaches could still tell recruits we were within 1 game of a championship in 2008.
Dante
What are some of you all smoking?

Puff puff pass, smokey!
ELGINAG
AG
Iron Sheik,
Thanks for the laugh. This thread is a breath of fresh air after all the rending of clothes and slitting of wrists on Texags since sat.
tb2011
you guys fail to realize that every other bcs team could lose every game too. then we'd have a shot. duh!
Freeder
HAHAHAHA
WDL_AGGIE2
I heard the D-bags on the 1560 drive-time show talking about this thread. What a bunch of sip loving rusty tromboners....

[This message has been edited by WDL_AGGIE2 (edited 9/2/2008 7:44p).]
J40Dogg
quote:
you guys fail to realize that every other bcs team could lose every game too. then we'd have a shot. duh!
My sarcasm meter is turned off. That being said, any other team hoping to play for the MNC will never under any circumstances have a loss against a team like Arky St.
Greg Costanza
AG
quote:
So you really don't think we will play for the Title if we win out

If monkeys fly out of my butt then I think I could become famous!!!
MW_111
Every Saturday half of the teams lose.
Quantum Electromagnetics
Thank goodness for the blown call at the end of the Ark State game in AUSTIN or sips would have nothing to say.

What great coach ever lost his first game?
agshornscoogs
If Ralph Nader is elected president then I think we will win the national championship.

BA A&M('99)
MA UT('05)
PHD UH('10)
Palooza11
AG

what are you guys smoking!!! i want some too!!
biglebowski
answer is definetly yes
jrw05
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.