Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

predict the attendence for the ISU game?

2,593 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by chick79
BRP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wildmen09
AG
victory
AG
quote:
I just don't see how staying at home and not supporting the program will somehow make things better

How does supporting it make it better?

Im not using my season tickets..tired of supporting GARBAGE!!
Marathon
Not many home games left. I think folks will come out. 75K
chadr03
AG
quote:
How does supporting it make it better?

1. Supporting your program will help recruiting. Would you rather come play for a place that has 80,000 screaming fans, or 30,000 empty seats?

2. Supporting your program will help the programs bottom line. Keep up with facilities, pay for the best coaches, equipment. (I know I will hear something for this one. Just take it that our coaches salary is comparable to the best in the country [It is not what Saban or Meyer makes, but its about what they were making before they won their MNC's], and I think the results will show that in the near future. I say just give the man a chance if he is not winning in year 3 or 4 then get him to pack his bags. Look back at Jackie's record in his first few years 5-6, 5-5-1. Hardly world beaters.)

3. Supporting your program will help this young team that is obviously quite talented, but not well adept to adversity. (Nothing like beating yourself up and then everyone else piling on as well. No matter what you think I'm sure they were more disappointed in their performance than you were.)

Success in college football is all about recruiting. You can win some games with X's and O's but you will never win a National Championship without the best athletes. I know the best recruiting tool is winning, and the best winning tool is good recruiting. Well we don't seem to have the winning part down right now, so what do we have going for us. We are in a very football talent rich state, and we have one of best game day atmospheres in the country. If you quit supporting the team you loose one of the tools this team has for recruiting.
confusedag
AG
Techno

quote:
Why would the ISU attendance be low. This will be a game we could actually win. Why wouldn't you want to go to a game in which you could watch the Ags win?

Would you watch us play K-State at home?
oldschool87
AG
The unfortunate thing is the message is being sent as we are not selling out. The problem is there are so many fans.

I just scored 12th man endowed schollie's 2nd deck arm chair 50 yard line. How do you pass that up?

The smallest crowd you could see at an Aggie game would still be north of 60K unless weather was involved.

[This message has been edited by oldschool87 (edited 10/22/2009 12:25p).]
W
AG
keep an eye on what kind of ticket promotions pop up on Monday morning. I think this a $70 ticket regular price.

that will give an indication of how dire or non-dire the attendance may be.
chick79
AG
quote:
Announced 74000 Actual 65000

This.... just look at the empty seats during the game.... there will be plenty... plus, I would guess the third deck of the student section will have a lot of empty seats......
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.