Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

MUST READ FOR A&M FOOTBALL FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13,674 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by Ellsworth Toohey
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Still a very interesting read and I wouldn't doubt some of it.
FlyingAg
AG
Hmmm...I read the same post much earlier on an LSU board (tigerdroppings) that another poster here referenced.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog!
wareagle044
worth the time...good read. from the outside, this looks 100% accurate.

WAR EAGLE!
GIG 'EM!
http://www.auburnwareagle.com/
agcoop10
AG
Torbush
dcAg
Very interesting post. Probably some truth to it. It would make a great book. Add cash, sex and a murder or two and I would buy it.

One thing about Notre Dame is that if the Big East schools start going to the Big Ten or other conferences then it screws up ND's non-football sports. When this happens in becomes almost imperative that ND join a conference...to save all sports other than football.
jejdag
I can see it. I'm just wondering why as a Florida grad, you have war eagle in your handle.
agwithabadge
That entire mess is wacked. I don't give tu that much credit. Way too many people involved to be viable. Total fiction by a Florida guy with an Auburn handle. I like SEC football, but give us some credit.
deadzip10
AG
Very perceptive. I suspect at large a portion of this is true. I particularly like how you're following the money. A very wise man once told me that if you follow the money you will always understand history and current events...

Furthermore, I think you're right about A&M wrecking the party. If we go SEC it blows the whole plan and, while you only eluded to this fact, it also means that EVERYONE else has to reconsider their options. That includes tu, the BIG 10, the PAC 10. I like it.
scottk1966
AG
There's not an original thought in this entire post. All you've done is compiled just about everything that has been posted over the last week across multiple message boards.
J.D.
Barnacle
AG
The OP wasn't the one who wrote this. He says in the first sentence that he found this on an Oklahoma board...just copying it here for our consumption.

quote:
"If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, forget em', cause, man, they're gone."

- Jack Handey

ashley
Way too much conspiracy theory to be true.
etexas
so what your saying is that tu is:

[This message has been edited by etexas (edited 6/13/2010 9:07p).]
Tafelmeier94
AG
Interesting Post & glad that there are those out there that don't seem to be fooled by all of the burnt orange media hype...
CT'73
AG
Every bit of this is believable. TU arrogantly throwing its weight around, trying to screw others, and expecting the Aggies to follow them around like a puppy. What part of this story is new? I bet it is believed by 90% of Arkansas and Nebraska fans and I believe that's why they ended conference affiliations with tu. So the sips might not get everything they wanted. TCU added to their disappointment today. Poor sips.
Texaggie7nine
What would be funny would be if this were indeed true and the SEC pulls a fast one by not only getting us but also OU and OSU as well thusly leaving tu with the option either to tuck tail and come to the SEC with everyone that matters or fade away into a meaningless conference when the SEC will be leaps and bounds better than any other conference ever. And in the end, pretty much screwing over the Big and Pac 10 by using their own conspiracy against them.

Dat Win
AG
I don't know how much of that is true, but it would be damn interesting if it were. So by what that is saying, we essentially hold the key for unlocking all of the changes that are about to take place that could effect collegiate athletics for decades if not more? I like it!
Cromagnum
AG
One of the best (if not THE best) posts I've seen from a rook on here.
RoseBowl38-37
Reading the Gator's post was a little like reading War and Peace (in Russian) - my eyes glazed over on about the 40th paragraph.

Do you Aggies believe in black helicopters too ?

What about the illumanti ?
Cannonball Craig III
AG
RoseBowel, sounds like you could stand a little illumination yourself.
Rocky Rider
AG
One thing is clear, tu was a player in the destruction of the SWC and is now driving the destruction of the Big 12.

The PAC-10 should take notice. If they think they are big enough to control tu's ego, just ask the former Big 8 and SWC schools what happens when they thirst for more cash and need their ego stroked.

Greed and pride drive the tu machine.
RachelElizabeth
apparently PAC-10 reps are headed to KU either tonight or tomorrow morning to discuss options of them joining the other schools headed west. Just another ploy to scare A&M.
wildmen09
AG
i didn't want to read this, then i started and i couldn't stop
brownbrick
AG
Follow the money. Big 10 is definitely going after ND.

Not sure it's all true, but it wouldn't really surprise me.
Ellsworth Toohey
Very interesting OP. After reading the post I went to the loo. Having emerged, I have a few insights of my own.

First, there is no honor among thieves. This is generally why conspiracies do not exist or survive. The recent actions of the last week or so can all be understood and explained in dollars and sense. Each school and conference is doing what makes the most sense for itself, that being in terms of dollars. Texas believes that it can make more money outside of the Big 12. The PAC-10 believes it can make more money by getting the Texas and Oklahoma schools. And the Big 10 believes it can make more money by getting Nebraska and Missouri. I do not believe for one second that the Big Ten would refuse the option to get OU and OSU if it were a viable option. It seems more likely that OU believes it will make more money if it stays with Texas.

Secondly, I find the fact that ABC own the rights to the Big Ten and the PAC-10 very interesting, but I do not think this puts ESPN and the conferences in the same boat. While ESPN may not break the conspiracy story, I am certain that if there were a conspiracy FOX Sports would break the story. Conspiracies of this size and importance are impossible to hide. There are too many people, secretaries, and people willing to make a quick buck. Even Apple could not hide the new iPhone 4G prototype (thanks Gawker).

Maybe there are some truths to all of these conspiracy stories and I may be wrong. BUT, I think that each school acting in its own interest does explain the appearance of the conspiracy. Everything is happening at the same time right now and I think that this gives credence to this conspiracy.

That being said, I've been wrong before and I will be wrong again. Either way, Texas A&M is in a great position to take advantage of the situation.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.