Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Johnny Manziel Rips NCAA...Support for Bush Increases

8,384 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Only Fans Director
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This issue makes a good polling question....

Should Reggie Bush get his Heisman back?

Sure he broke a rule but the ill-advised actions he took had nothing to do with what he did on the field.

Someone has posted 15 billboards in LA like the below.

Johnny Manziel rips NCAA over refusal to return Reggie Bush's Heisman Trophy
LINK
Manziel, who recently made headlines with his newly released Netlfix documentary "Untold: Johnny Football," wants nothing more than Bush to have his vacated Heisman returned and recognized.

"There is nothing I want to see more than for Reggie to get his Heisman back," Manziel wrote.

Proud father of an Aggie undergrad!
SA68AG
AG
Yes, he should get it back.

Probably every Heisman winner except maybe Roger Staubach was getting paid something under the table.
greg.w.h
AG
Since Reggie's family was caught while Johnny was not proven to receive money (just suspended for breaking rules by signing autographs)…
KCup17
AG
I think Reggie should get his Heisman back. But that has more to do with the NIL than it does with Johnny
greg.w.h
AG
KCup17 said:

I think Reggie should get his Heisman back. But that has more to do with the NIL than it does with Johnny
You mean the state of California legalizing NIL after the fact with no visible grandfather clauses? Hmm…
Only Fans Director
My question is why is the NCAA the one to decide?

The Heisman Trophy Trust owns the Heisman and process for awarding it.
Proud father of an Aggie undergrad!
WC94
AG
Take Johnny's Heisman. USA is soft af now. Start learning Mandarin *****es!
jrgypsum
Yup and Pete Rose belongs in the MLB Hall of Fame and Adrian Petersen should have never been suspended a year. And so it goes - lol.
bmks270
AG
WC94 said:

Is the trophy also meant to reflect off the field character?
Is there a different trophy for that?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Never forget that Pete Carroll was the head coach behind the "cheating" until the year the penalties was set to drop. He then dueced out and went to the NFL.
TyperWoods
Heisman.....give it (back) to him
greg.w.h
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Never forget that Pete Carroll was the head coach behind the "cheating" until the year the penalties was set to drop. He then dueced out and went to the NFL.
Deuced all over USC???
Tex117
AG
Yup. Give it back.
DGrimesAg92
**** Reggie, he got paid to play football for USC, before he won the Heisman and he GAVE UP the trophy, no one took it.

JFF was paid for name, image and likeness after winning the award.

rootube
AG
bmks270 said:

WC94 said:

Is the trophy also meant to reflect off the field character?
Is there a different trophy for that?

The Heisman Trust does what the NCAA tells them. For reference the NCAA did not take OJ's trophy away for being a double murderer. Although he was forced to sell it to cover his debt related to his civil case.
mos03c
He's right. The NCAA gave Joe Paterno his wins back.
nu awlins ag
AG

The school paid for Reggie's parents apartment/home. Freaking huge difference. Some of you amaze me….the NCAA investigated JFF and found no wrong doing. The school suspended him for a HALF of the Rice game.
Kellso
nu awlins ag said:

The school paid for Reggie's parents apartment/home. Freaking huge difference. Some of you amaze me….the NCAA investigated JFF and found no wrong doing. The school suspended him for a HALF of the Rice game.
Quit making chit up. LMFAO.

USC did not pay for Reggie Bush's home in San Diego.
5 star recruits all over the county were begging to go to USC when Pete Carroll was there.

The NCAA dropped the hammer on USC because they felt that Hollywood, and the Entertainment industry was giving the Trojans an unfair advantage over schools that were located in crummy parts of the country that no one wanted to live.

The NCAA found no evidence that USC was cheating, or buying its players. The whole thing was BS.
Justice Beaver
AG
JFF really likes Bush. Who knew?

TexAgs knew after the Halloween 2012 pics.
TexasAggie81
Only Fans Director said:

This issue makes a good polling question....

Should Reggie Bush get his Heisman back?

Sure he broke a rule but the ill-advised actions he took had nothing to do with what he did on the field.

Someone has posted 15 billboards in LA like the below.

Johnny Manziel rips NCAA over refusal to return Reggie Bush's Heisman Trophy
LINK
Manziel, who recently made headlines with his newly released Netlfix documentary "Untold: Johnny Football," wants nothing more than Bush to have his vacated Heisman returned and recognized.

"There is nothing I want to see more than for Reggie to get his Heisman back," Manziel wrote.

Nope. Bush cheated when it was cheating. Can't justify his actions. No trophy.
oldcrow91
AG
I would have refrained from mentioning specific money I had received in cash. When they showed Johnnys uncle, I was like don't say a word guy, that's money laundering. So I was relieved for him when he just smiled and laughed.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Kellso said:

nu awlins ag said:

5 star recruits all over the county were begging to go to USC when Pete Carroll was there.

The NCAA dropped the hammer on USC because they felt that Hollywood, and the Entertainment industry was giving the Trojans an unfair advantage over schools that were located in crummy parts of the country that no one wanted to live.

The NCAA found no evidence that USC was cheating, or buying its players. The whole thing was BS.

He got it wrong, but he isn't making stuff up. USC didn't pay for anything, Reggie Bush and his family got to live rent free in a home owned my a sports agency that wanted to represent him after college which is against NCAA rules and why he was punished because that made him ineligible
bostonag03
AG
So JFF signing autographs for money when it was against the rules is ok? Seems like a double standard.
When I watched the Untold doc, that sounded like a confession. That was against the rules of the time to sign autographs for money. Do you want JFF to have his Heisman taken away or do you want Bush to get his back? I don't see how one is ok but not the other.
Kellso
HoustonAg2106 said:

Kellso said:

nu awlins ag said:

He got it wrong, but he isn't making stuff up. USC didn't pay for anything, Reggie Bush and his family got to live rent free in a home owned my a sports agency that wanted to represent him after college which is against NCAA rules and why he was punished because that made him ineligible
You are correct. That is what happened...the other poster was making stuff up.
To quote you:
Quote:

USC didn't pay for anything
HoustonAg2106
AG
Kellso said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Kellso said:

nu awlins ag said:

To quote you:
Quote:

Yes but my point was he isn't making it up, he's just not remembering the story correctly. I bet most people would remember it that way
No, Bush should not get his Heisman back.
"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
BMX Bandit
bostonag03 said:

So JFF signing autographs for money when it was against the rules is ok? Seems like a double standard.
When I watched the Untold doc, that sounded like a confession. That was against the rules of the time to sign autographs for money. Do you want JFF to have his Heisman taken away or do you want Bush to get his back? I don't see how one is ok but not the other.

He admitted to taking money for autographs AFTER he won. So why would that affect his eligibility for 2012?
nu awlins ag
AG
Kellso said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Kellso said:

nu awlins ag said:

To quote you:
Quote:

I wasn't making anything up, I got it wrong. But yea, his parents received free crap. You feel better now?
uujm
Kellso
HoustonAg2106 said:

Kellso said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Kellso said:

nu awlins ag said:

To quote you:
Quote:

Yes but my point was he isn't making it up, he's just not remembering the story correctly. I bet most people would remember it that way
You don't get to do that. What you stated (the truth) and what the other poster stated were in complete contrast to each other.

USC did not "purchase" a home for Reggie Bush. The reason the sanctions and the punishment against USC were BS was that they did not get any sort of competitive advantage from Reggie Bush's family going into business with an agent.

The other poster was trying to imply that Pete Carrol and USC had to buy players to attend USC and nothing could be further from the truth.
These were the days that Carroll was getting 5 star players from all over the country.
Bush going into business and getting compensated by a 3rd party actually hurt USC because it could have effected his eligibility.

The real reason that USC was put on sanctions was that rival coaches(especially in the Midwest and South) felt like they did not have the resources to have Snoop Dogg and other celebrities attending practices, and networking with the players.

A lot of people from Louisiana are still salty over Joe McKnight leaving the state to play in Los Angeles.
nu awlins ag
AG
You don't get to do that. What you stated (the truth) and what the other poster stated were in complete contrast to each other.

So you're in charge? Ok Deputy Fife….
Know Your Enemy
AG
dustytool
I'm glad for Reggie, he deserves it. And even tho I doubt Johnny had much to do with this decision I'm glad Johnny stood up for something he believed in.
RightWingConspirator
AG
Yes, he is a real man of principles...
Gilligan
AG
Norm had it in for OJ. Norm left us too soon.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.