Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Johnny Manziel Rips NCAA...Support for Bush Increases

8,392 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Faustus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good for RB.

JustisWalkert
AG
Gilligan said:

Norm had it in for OJ. Norm left us too soon.
Norm MacDonald, aka Yaphit. Agreed, left us too soon.
Ogre09
AG
I was always pro-Bush
spence10
AG
Who cares if they were getting paid under the table?

Getting hit in the head a ****ton of times or tearing an ACL while entertaining millions warrants some cash

It's pretty ridiculous to me

Johnny brought - quite literally - 9 figures of present and future value to A&M, not to mention CFB overall, and the kid can't sell some ****ing hats on eBay for less than a tenth of a tenth of what he made everyone??
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Kellso said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Kellso said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Kellso said:

nu awlins ag said:

Definitely Not A Cop said:

Never forget that Pete Carroll was the head coach behind the "cheating" until the year the penalties was set to drop. He then dueced out and went to the NFL.

The school paid for Reggie's parents apartment/home. Freaking huge difference. Some of you amaze me….the NCAA investigated JFF and found no wrong doing. The school suspended him for a HALF of the Rice game.
Quit making chit up. LMFAO.

USC did not pay for Reggie Bush's home in San Diego.
5 star recruits all over the county were begging to go to USC when Pete Carroll was there.

The NCAA dropped the hammer on USC because they felt that Hollywood, and the Entertainment industry was giving the Trojans an unfair advantage over schools that were located in crummy parts of the country that no one wanted to live.

The NCAA found no evidence that USC was cheating, or buying its players. The whole thing was BS.

He got it wrong, but he isn't making stuff up. USC didn't pay for anything, Reggie Bush and his family got to live rent free in a home owned my a sports agency that wanted to represent him after college which is against NCAA rules and why he was punished because that made him ineligible
You are correct. That is what happened...the other poster was making stuff up.
To quote you:
Quote:

USC didn't pay for anything

Yes but my point was he isn't making it up, he's just not remembering the story correctly. I bet most people would remember it that way
You don't get to do that. What you stated (the truth) and what the other poster stated were in complete contrast to each other.

USC did not "purchase" a home for Reggie Bush. The reason the sanctions and the punishment against USC were BS was that they did not get any sort of competitive advantage from Reggie Bush's family going into business with an agent.

The other poster was trying to imply that Pete Carrol and USC had to buy players to attend USC and nothing could be further from the truth.
These were the days that Carroll was getting 5 star players from all over the country.
Bush going into business and getting compensated by a 3rd party actually hurt USC because it could have effected his eligibility.

The real reason that USC was put on sanctions was that rival coaches(especially in the Midwest and South) felt like they did not have the resources to have Snoop Dogg and other celebrities attending practices, and networking with the players.

A lot of people from Louisiana are still salty over Joe McKnight leaving the state to play in Los Angeles.

Not sure if you were referring to me or not, but it's immaterial to me whether Carrol was signing the checks or someone else. He definitely knew, or at least was being willfully obtuse, about the situation. As most coaches were in that time period in the NCAA.

My point being that it's BS that Reggie was punished for 20 years over the deal, while the guy in charge of the program got to skate. Reggie was undoubtedly the best player in the NCAA that year regardless of whether he was getting a paycheck, benefits, etc. I'm very glad he was given back the Heisman and will be recognized going forward.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.