Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Auburn leaving under armour for Nike

8,416 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by Unemployed
45-70Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Dale Gribble
Major upgrade. UA is bad enough in football but their basketball, baseball and softball uniforms are putrid.
Actual Talking Thermos
As ugly as a lot of UA uniforms have been, Auburn's always looked great. Super clean and classic. Some of the best around imo.
cajunaggie08
AG
Actual Talking Thermos said:

As ugly as a lot of UA uniforms have been, Auburn's always looked great. Super clean and classic. Some of the best around imo.
And thats because Auburn told UA they didn't want their look messed with. I'm sure Auburn's sleeve/shoulder stripes will change a little bit to fit the Nike template but at the end of the day Auburn will look relatively the same as they have for years.
NowhereMan
Major downgrade for Nike
Slauburn fans are not attractive
Faustus
45-70Ag said:

They had a pretty bad contract with UA as it turned out:

https://www.sportico.com/business/commerce/2024/auburn-nike-under-armour-equity-1234774545/

Quote:

Auburn has agreed to a new 10-year apparel contract with Nike, a deal that will follow its unique financial arrangement with Under Armour which has decreased in value by $8.6 million because of its equity component.

Back in 2015, Auburn and Under Armour extended their partnership through 2025 in a nine-year deal worth $78.2 million in total value, according to the contract. As part of the arrangement, the school agreed to accept $10 million in Under Armour stock, paid out over the life of the contract - a bet that the apparel company would continue its rapid growth, therefore increasing the school's compensation.

It hasn't worked out. The contract was signed in Sept. 2015, less than a week after Under Armour (NYSE: UAA) hit an all-time high of $54.70. The company has struggled since, including a multiyear restructuring and a handful of leadership changes. With the stock currently trading around $6.80, that stock grant is now worth about $1.4 million, according to Sportico's calculations.
. . .
Sq 17
That is a brutal ten year return
12thmanfootball
AG
Go with NIKE.........finance Oregon Football's capability to steal more recruits from the state of Texas!!!

And to support more lefty causes!!!

Nuck Fike!!!
Faustus
I'm going to need to see more exclamation points before I'm swayed.
BCR
Ha! Auburn paying into Oregon's NIL fund.
45-70Ag
AG
12thmanfootball said:

Go with NIKE.........finance Oregon Football's capability to steal more recruits from the state of Texas!!!

Nuck Fike!!!

They're all terrible. Adidas included.
TXAG 05
AG
45-70Ag said:

12thmanfootball said:

Nuck Fike!!!

The founder of adidas was a Nazi.
cevans_40
AG
TXAG 05 said:

45-70Ag said:

12thmanfootball said:

Nuck Fike!!!

How's he doing?
TX_Aggie37
AG
Nike is the superior product. I wish we were a Nike school.
Triple-T
AG
Nike hates America, and uses child slave labor to pay ridiculous contracts to woke divisive athletes.

But, yeah, "just do it."
fightintxaggie10
AG
TXAG 05 said:

45-70Ag said:

12thmanfootball said:

Nuck Fike!!!

The guy that allowed us to launch anything into space including landing humans on the damn moon was a Nazi.
Actual Talking Thermos

Also they made possibly the best football uniform ever, the Navy "dress whites." They're capable of great things when they keep it simple and clean.

TXAG 05
AG
fightintxaggie10 said:

TXAG 05 said:

45-70Ag said:

12thmanfootball said:

Nuck Fike!!!

The guy that allowed us to launch anything into space including landing humans on the damn moon was a Nazi.

Oh I know. Just pointing it out to the folks on here who think adidas can do no wrong.
drakkies
Feels like Nike has taken over everything besides the handful of adidas. How long will adidas hang on?
dixichkn
AG
A world where any of this sh** matters.

Lace em up and play

InB4 ok boomer……..
arontc09
AG
It may not look like it from here, but I believe that Adidas is about the same size as Nike, and it serves more sports, better (on average). Nike is huge in the US, but Adidas is bigger in the global market.
CrottyKid
AG
The issue with UA is the shoes. They can't compete with the number of variations nor the cutting edge technology that Nike has.
McInnis80
On as completely unrelated note, The German national football team signed a deal with Nike. The German fans are not happy. They have been buying Addias kit.

Also I remember Notre Dame took a big chunk Under Armor stock as part of their branding deal.
hsjnlssmith89
AG
Just hope they don't put a basketball player on their non-basketball uniforms! Stupid idea!
TX_COWDOC
AG
A shoe is just a shoe until you put it on. That said, I don't wear anything Nike because I don't do woke and choose to stand for our National Anthem.
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
WES2006AG
AG
TX_COWDOC said:

A shoe is just a shoe until you put it on. That said, I don't wear anything Nike because I don't do woke and choose to stand for our National Anthem.
Which non-woke brand do you wear then?
Unemployed
AG
arontc09 said:

It may not look like it from here, but I believe that Adidas is about the same size as Nike, and it serves more sports, better (on average). Nike is huge in the US, but Adidas is bigger in the global market.
Nike dominates Adidas both domestically and globally.
Faustus
drakkies said:

Feels like Nike has taken over everything besides the handful of adidas. How long will adidas hang on?
As of 2021 Adidas had 37 of the 130 FBS schools (28.5%):

https://boardroom.tv/ncaa-football-apparel-brand-partners/

Quote:

• Arizona State, Arkansas State, Central Michigan, East Carolina, Eastern Michigan, FAU, FIU, Georgia Southern, Kansas, Indiana, Louisiana, Louisiana-Monroe, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, Massachusets, Miami (FL), Miami (OH), Mississippi State, NC State, Nebraska, Nevada, Northern Illinois, Ohio, Rice, Rutgers, San Jose State, South Alabama, South Florida, Southern Miss, Texas A&M, Texas State, Troy, Tulsa, UTSA, Washington, Western Michigan, Wyoming

And what seemed like at the time 100% of the 80s rap market.

Faustus
WES2006AG said:

TX_COWDOC said:

The gold Never Surrender High-Top Sneaker has a, err, solid endorsement. These bad boys deliver an electric shock if they detect anyone crouching, kneeling, or doing anything other than standing at attention during patriotic interludes.

https://www.allstarelite.com/products/hgc45-trump-shoe-1-gold

McInnis80
WES2006AG said:

TX_COWDOC said:

PF Flyers.

Hoka, Brooks and On Cloud have no college programs, but they are selling a ton of shoes to us olds.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
I think UA is losing Texas Tech to Adidas as well.
HTownAg
AG
WES2006AG said:

TX_COWDOC said:

Municipal

Faustus
McInnis80 said:

WES2006AG said:

TX_COWDOC said:

PF Flyers.

Hoka, Brooks and On Cloud have no college programs, but they are selling a ton of shoes to us olds.

I like Hoka too. Really comfortable shoes.
Hawk2007

Also they made possibly the best football uniform ever, the Navy "dress whites." They're capable of great things when they keep it simple and clean.

Under Armor is also next door to Annapolis so I would expect a solid collaboration.
Hawk2007
arontc09 said:

I'm not sure where this rumor started because I've read it before elsewhere. Like the other person noted, Nike is far bigger worldwide than Adidas.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.