Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The last coaching staff left a better QB Bullpen for Elko

4,139 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by Divining Rod
NowhereMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Elko has the good fortune of signing the last decent QB for the 2025 class and he inherited a good bullpen of QB's compared the scarcity of QB's JF inherited from Summlin.

I will not be surprised if Connor Wiegman has limited snaps in the Spring Game, so he can fully heal.
Klien has three QB's all better than Mond& Starkle.

TX_Aggie37
AG
A little early to know for sure. I agree the potential and what we've seen from the current QB room is exciting. People are quick to bash on Mond, but everybody that's not on TexAgs thought he was a very serviceable SEC QB.
agchugger
AG
Psssh... Henderson & Reed are not better than Mond at this point. If we lose Weigman, we're in for a much tougher year. You are overvaluing those guys.
Batty
NowhereMan said:

Elko has the good fortune of signing the last decent QB for the 2025 class and he inherited a good bullpen of QB's compared the scarcity of QB's JF inherited from Summlin.

I will not be surprised if Connor Wiegman has limited snaps in the Spring Game, so he can fully heal.

Recruiting talent was never Jimbo's problem. Even with all the portal transfers there is more than enough talent here to win.
greg.w.h
AG
Batty said:

NowhereMan said:

Recruiting talent was never Jimbo's problem. Even with all the portal transfers there is more than enough talent here to win.
2020 was a breakout year for A&M with best outcome since 1939. And within a single canceled game win of playoff invite according to the committee chairman.

He likely was in decent shape for the upcoming season so it's okay if Elko has to deal with high expectations but the firing hit our cash flow hard and a leaving AD taking credit it for it with an incoming university president suggests it wasn't a smart decision.

Will it turn out okay? Sure. What choice do we have at this point???
Aggie87
AG
NowhereMan said:

That might not be the case had they not been injury bitten (both Weigman and Henderson) last year. If Weigman had been healthy for the full year, Henderson may not have stuck around.

On the flip side, if Weigman had stayed healthy, Jimbo might still be here.
ArcheryAg
Reed is the best QB on the roster.
Rule#2
AG
ArcheryAg said:

Good morning Mrs. Reed
dixichkn
AG
agchugger said:

Psssh... Henderson & Reed are not better than Mond at this point. If we lose Weigman, we're in for a much tougher year. You are overvaluing those guys.
Psssst……I didn't see either of those two freak out and get happy feet and panic every time there was an O line breakdown. Which of course was damn near every play the last couple of years. Give these two guys Kellen's O line and see how they look before crapping on them

Kellen did fine for us. Tough kid. But don't overvalue him
rfreed53
My wife is not on the thread, but I am, I never comment I only read. Thanks
MoneyMikeOnline
AG
Say what you want, Henderson did his thing last year. I was impressed. He was better than Max by a mile.
Tejas Ag 10
AG
ArcheryAg said:

Demo_Slug
AG
When it comes to QBs. Jimbo broke me. I'm just happy we have three guys. They all look good to me.
NoahAg
ArcheryAg said:

There's the offseason TexAgs post we need. 3rd string QB is the best on the roster!

(fwiw, he did look good when he got his chance, but to say definitively that he's better than Weigman is LOL).
Gilligan
AG
rfreed53 said:

My wife is not on the thread, but I am, I never comment I only read. Thanks
Can't say "never" anymore... Need to change that up to seldom or rarely.

Just saying
rfreed53
You right, stay away from my wife though! I'm not hiding behind a fake name.
Capstone
AG
I bet each and every one of the players in the QB room are happy to know that they won't be screamed at, on the sidelines, EVERY time after any bad plays/misread defenses/sack/enter anything that can go wrong for a quarterback here.
Divining Rod
For the record that "hello Mrs. _____" is the stupidest, most boring, unoriginal, trite retort. Such a waste of time and I wonder how mentally inept one has to be to even bother typing it.

That said, I was amazed at Reed's performance in our bowl game (and emotionally crushed for J Henderson). I said early on last Fall that we should get a look at these two during the season after CW went down- a season that was lost anyway.

I haven't seen the Spring game yet, so excited about the reviews on Reed. What I DID see of both him and Henderson- they were both a clearly better option than Johnson and we wasted a lot of development time not playing them more.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.