Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Sub Par Concessions!

8,873 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Aggie0956732
AggieSocialWorker32
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I realize it's a spring game; however, having Diet Pepsi as your only option is an epic fail. Even at the concession stand, one of the workers said, "everyone keeps asking for Diet Dr. Pepper".

Fire the concession czar!
Ginormus Ag
AG
**** THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad the rain kept me away. **** Diet Pepsi. **** Pepsi. **** Levey. Don't build a 1/2 billion stadium and use Levey and Pepsi Products.
cvenag03
AG
student here. its all they have in the campus vending machines as well. sad
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I'm assuming someone at Levy is related to one of the BOR's somehow? It seems insane to me there seems to be zero interest to license out popular local CS restaurants to run different stands inside the building. Seems like it would be a major money maker for all involved. You go to the new Rangers ball park for example and there are all sorts of different restaurants, apparel places, alcohol concessions, etc.

If Levy can't even get soda right, how do they have maintain such an exclusive contract with the school?
AtticusMatlock
lol at anyone who thinks anyone in a position to make these decisions gives two craps what you think. These contracts exist to support their friends and political donors. The only way they will ever care is if people just stop buying concessions.
TyperWoods
Subpar, overpriced concessions is an Aggie tradition. It's something we are #1 in, many years in a row.

Congrats Levy.
Buford T. Justice
AG
The best concessions that I've ever experienced are at Jack Trice Stadium in Ames, IA. Not even close.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
Rebbasser
AG
TyperWoods said:

Subpar, overpriced concessions is an Aggie tradition. It's something we are #1 in, many years in a row.

Congrats Levy.
It's not just A&M. EVERY venue is way overpriced. The San Antonio rodeo charged $20 for a turkey leg. Good thing I don't like turkey!
Old Army '83
greg.w.h
AG
Rebbasser said:

TyperWoods said:

Congrats Levy.
It's not just A&M. EVERY venue is way overpriced. The San Antonio rodeo charged $20 for a turkey leg. Good thing I don't like turkey!
Food, tickets, and parking should pay you to use them amirite?
Hehateme1
Buford T. Justice said:

The best concessions that I've ever experienced are at Jack Trice Stadium in Ames, IA. Not even close.
You've never had a hamburger beneath the home stands at the "Graveyard" in San Saba ?

Ever had the Fancy Nachos at the Coleman High School basketball gym ?

If you have multiple kids playing multiple sports it is easy to become a Concession Stand Food Critic
Ginormus Ag
AG
Tell me about these "Fancy Nachos".
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
How much was the chicken wrap?
jeepdriver54
AG
These are sporting events, not dining tours.
Eat before the game, drink water. Problem solved!
NewEra2023
AG
Stopped selling beer after the 3rd q. The audacity.
TyperWoods
Rebbasser said:

TyperWoods said:

Congrats Levy.

I get that it's bad everywhere.

But Levy exceptionally sucks. I love concession stand food, but I never eat it at A&M games.
Hehateme1
Ginormus Ag said:

Tell me about these "Fancy Nachos".
They had everything.

Beans, chips, onions, peppers, cheese lettuce. tomatoes..... it was a restaurant experience at a concession stand. We apparently hit it just right every year until my daughter's Senior year I ordered the Fancy Nachos and they told me "Sorry, we are doing Big O's this week" I thought this must be Candid Camera or something. I've been coming here for 5 years and getting the Fancy Nachos. They apparently rotated every week.

So of course, I said F*** Big O's, I want them fancy nachos. I sat in the stands and sulked. All the basketball girls were laughing at me.

I even was singing a song all week about them fancy nachos to the tune of the Chris LeDoux song Copenhagen.

I think our girls beat them Coleman Bluekatts something like 73-7. I haven't been back. One of the lowest moments of my life, lol
gunan01
AG
cvenag03 said:

won't someone think of the children??
Shoefly!
AG
cvenag03 said:

Nutt up Buttercup!
The Chicken Ranch
AG
The fact that we have Pepsi products is embarrassing.
HeyAbbott
AG
The Masters has the best concessions of any sporting event.
ccolley68
AG
HeyAbbott said:

The Masters has the best concessions of any sporting event.
Best concessions, best prices, best memorabilia. But we may have gotten the most unique bit of a masters swag ever this year. We went for Monday practice day, the day of the eclipse, and they were handing out Masters branded eclipse glasses for free once you were through the gates
AGDAD14
A&M concessions have gone downhill every year since about 2013. (We have been ticket holders since 2010.) The selections in the lower north endzone were good, and the prices were tolerable in the beginning. The American club selections and prices continue to get worse every year. There is never a line at the food stations. You would think someone managing the club would notice. And the regular concessions in the club are always running out of selections often before halftime. Bottom line, concessions are poorly managed. I just hope the manager isn't an Aggie from the Mays College of Business. We may need an UH grad in hospitality.
SpiderM85
AG
Yea
Fatboy Thaddeus

redjalapeno-87
What? You mean to tell me the Lemon Ice is no good?
Southlake
It amazes me that A&Ms concessions are extremely poor: the food selection, the drink selection, the service itself.

Something that could be top tier and not only provide an excellent service but also make money.

We don't even go anymore.

Again, just awful and embarrassing when you take a non-Ag to a game!!
SA-AG72
AG
Blame the concession contract on John Sharp. He has his hands in all campus operations.
StinkyPinky
AG
Atreides Ornithopter said:

How much was the chicken wrap?
Actually its not too bad if you only get one and share it with your family of 4.
12thMan9
AG
jeepdriver54 said:

These are sporting events, not dining tours.
Eat before the game, drink water. beer.Problem solved!
Much better.
Ronnie '88
sonnysixkiller
AG
John Sharp is lurking somewhere.
NyAggie
AG
Rebbasser said:

TyperWoods said:

Congrats Levy.
yep.

to take a family of 4 to any game at any stadium, you need at least $100 just for food, and that's for basic crap like pretzels, hot dogs, sodas etc...that would cost you 25 bucks total outside the stadium.

once you are in the gates you are a prisoner to their prices.

SteveA
AG
Concessions are just like everything else Aggie related. No matter the product they put out, people keep buying.
StinkyPinky
AG
SteveA said:

Concessions are just like everything else Aggie related. No matter the product they put out, people keep buying complaining.
Flashdiaz
AG
Pepsi is to Coke\Dr Pepper as Go-bots is to Transformers
WC94
AG
Pepsi, Adidas, Wells Fargo. We are dorks!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.