Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Missouri Game

3,364 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by Sq 17
C2 Ag 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We have a great home schedule this year with ND, LSU and the sips. But what's everyone's thoughts on how good Missouri will be this year? Trying to figure out if that will be a top game to see this year or not. They went 10-2 last year, legitimately challenging Jawja for the East, and finished the year by beating Ohio State (11-1).
TXAG 05
AG
C2 Ag 93 said:

We have a great home schedule this year with ND, LSU and the sips. But what's everyone's thoughts on how good Missouri will be this year? Trying to figure out if that will be a top game to see this year or not. They went 10-2 last year, legitimately challenging Jawja for the East, and finished the year by beating Ohio State (11-1).

Should be a good game, we could use a win against them since we've only beat them 3 times out of the last 10 times we've played.
GigEm81
AG
They should be good.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
It's time to take care of them. There is no excuse for losing that game.
StinkyPinky
AG
They will give us a good football game. Definitely will be a good one to watch especially since they like to stretch the field.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I think Missouri will be a good team, but it's time to beat them. There is no excuse for losing that home game. We are 2-2 in SEC games against Missouri, but lost 5 of our last 6 Big 12 games against Missouri before both teams joined the SEC.
NyAggie
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

I think Missouri will be a good team, but it's time to beat them. There is no excuse for losing that home game. We are 2-2 in SEC games against Missouri, but we were 1-5 in Big 12 games against Missouri before both teams joined the SEC.
yep.

missouri is kinda like tech to us, in that they almost never have as much talent as us and we almost always play like dog crap against them for whatever reason.

Ugly
AG
They are a good team that somehow still has a lot of returning production (despite doing so well last year in large part because they had a lot of returning production). The prognosticators I have seen (SP+ and FPI), have them as a 2-2.5 point favorites on a neutral field, but they will be coming to Kyle.

That being said, we have no idea what our team is going to end up looking like, so those numbers mean very little. It probably depends on who works harder right about now.
greg.w.h
AG
I'm not sure we can discuss reality here…
GigEmReggie
Theyre overrated next year imo but they'll be more than capable of beating us unless we wildly exceed expectations.
TX_Aggie37
AG
By the time we get to them, they should be undefeated and a Top 10 team in the country. If everything goes our way, we will also be undefeated with a victory over Top 10 Notre Dame. Winning the Missouri game could take us to 6-0 with two top 10 victories and launch us up the rankings. Would be an absolutely stellar first half of the season.

They have a solid experienced QB in Cook and will have a good receiving corps led by Burden and Wease. Hopefully our revamped secondary will be healthy and locked in. I think it helps that Schrader won't be there.
Ag_0112358132134
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

It's time to take care of them. There is no excuse for losing that game.

If we lose, I bet there will be a whole lot of excuses.
AgsMyDude
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

By the time we get to them, they should be undefeated and a Top 10 team in the country. If everything goes our way, we will also be undefeated with a victory over Top 10 Notre Dame. Winning the Missouri game could take us to 6-0 with two top 10 victories and launch us up the rankings. Would be an absolutely stellar first half of the season.

They have a solid experienced QB in Cook and will have a good receiving corps led by Burden and Wease. Hopefully our revamped secondary will be healthy and locked in. I think it helps that Schrader won't be there.

Setting yourself up for an angry fall again
cr0wbar
AG
GigEmReggie said:

Theyre overrated next year imo but they'll be more than capable of beating us unless we wildly exceed expectations.
Where should they be rated?
TX_Aggie37
AG
AgsMyDude said:

TX_Aggie37 said:

Setting yourself up for an angry fall again
Oh I don't expect it to happen.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
TX_Aggie37 said:

I think you are right on the money on your assessment of Missouri. They will be a formidable challenge to stop but losing that RB will help and hopefully our DL can mitigate their experience in the passing game. Our offense will have the opportunity to put up points and win that game. I think we enter the game at 5-1, I believe Notre Dame's defense will be too tough for us in game 1.
Max Power
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

Missouri will be a solid team next season, they should be a tough opponent. Similar to when they had Pinkel they are well coached and their players do their jobs. They did lose their DC this offseason to LSU. Two of their best defenders are gone, borderline first rounders but likely going in the second. Their RB is gone as well, but their QB is experienced and Burden is one of the best WRs in the country.
Sq 17
C2 Ag 93 said:

We have a great home schedule this year with ND, LSU and the sips.

Trying to figure out if that will be a top game to see this year or not.

LSU,tu,ND >> Mizzou >>>>>> the rest of the home slate

HTH
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.