Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Galveston Football Ticket Pull Question

2,099 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by Greendale 87
scoodogg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking for some information on the Galveston ticket pull process. Figured someone here might know.
Here's the situation:
Daughter is starting at A&M this Fall. Her best friend will be at A&M Galveston.
Galveston students pull tickets online and at the beginning of the week.
Can Galveston students pull a ticket for a College Station student? I'm picturing something similar to the process of an upper classman pulling for an under classman in College Station. Or, will the friend need to give my daughter her sports pass and have her pull in College Station if they want to stand together?
They asked me about this over the weekend and I had no clue. Thanks, and this post is rule number 1 protected.
OrygunAg
AG
Did not know sea aggies could pull tickets.
Sq 17
Iirc they get an actual Aggie ring just like the CS campus gets
greg.w.h
AG
scoodogg said:

I'm looking for some information on the Galveston ticket pull process. Figured someone here might know.
Here's the situation:
Daughter is starting at A&M this Fall. Her best friend will be at A&M Galveston.
Can Galveston students pull a ticket for a College Station student? I'm picturing something similar to the process of an upper classman pulling for an under classman in College Station. Or, will the friend need to give my daughter her sports pass and have her pull in College Station if they want to stand together?
They asked me about this over the weekend and I had no clue. Thanks, and this post is rule number 1 protected.

In the past they followed the same pull schedule as College Station. I don't know how you pull in two locations but if you have a football or all pass book still, that should be located in one place or the other. Can only pull up one ticket per upperclassman ticket.

I had a grad student book my sophomore year…after hanging out with grad students and post-grad with my research group led by Dr. Janos Fendler my fish summer school year. Then senior pull next two years due to credits.

Heh.

My last year I had a vendor parking sticker which allowed me to park everywhere that wasn't a reserved spot. Did IBM typewriter repair around the area for Executive Business Machines.
Ogre09
AG
I would think your daughter could pull for her so they're together
ccolley68
AG
Ogre09 said:

I would think your daughter could pull for her so they're together

This seems like the most sensible solution. When I was in school many years ago, TAMU G was the only satellite campus that had comparable privileges to the CS campus, complete with football tickets and ring. But don't know anyone who did it. They may just lump all the TAMU G kids together for tickets seperate from the regular campus students. Both options will probably be poor tickets with you daughter being a freshman, so I would say just have her pull them and get the full experience. At least in Week 1 for ND. Maybe test out the TAMU G ticket pull option for one of the lesser warm up home games.
scoodogg
AG
The Galveston students actually all get to pull at the beginning of the week and do so online. That's why there would be an advantage to the friend pulling the tickets.

But you're right. Could just get the daughter to do it for game one and see how it all works.
aggie4231
AG
during my time in the early 2000s, we pulled on mon/tue or tue/wed. That way any un-pulled tickets could be redistributed to main campus. I don't think in all of my years I ever pulled for 3rd deck. First 2 years was mainly in the 1st deck corner under the overhang and behind the old corp block. After that pretty much always on 2nd deck in the 1st 10 rows or so. My last game in 04, I was able to sit above the 12th Man sign and bang on the "2"
TAMUG'04 Marine Fisheries.
RepublicOfTexas
AG
Back in my day Galveston and CS sports passes were the same so you could pull for CS students in Galveston and get better seats.

Shoutout to the Aggies by the Sea.
Pepe SiIvia
AG
Sq 17 said:

Think it's a little different than main campus ring too, supposedly there are palm trees on the Galveston ring but I don't know any sea Aggies to confirm
Wes97
AG
Yeah that is what I would expect. See if they both have the same Sports Pass or if is different. If they both have the same Sports Pass then either one of them should be able to pull tickets for both as long as they have both Sports Passes on hand at the ticket pull.

I had a friend who was gone most of the fall semester with a internship but he left his sports pass behind and I was able to use it to pull tickets. Should be the same principle.
AggieMD95
AG
scoodogg said:

Here's the situation:

My son is a fish at CS campus. Has buddy at tamug. He tells me buddy has pulled tickets for their entire group and driven up for the games. He pulls earlier. But I don't really know if that results in better seats versus it being allocated randomly or based on class level- rather than early week first come best available seats. They seemed to be in the third deck regardless
scoodogg
AG
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.
aggie4231
AG
nope same ring and diploma.

Although in 2004, Galveston gave us a 2nd diploma that had Galveston one it, but was a different design
TAMUG'04 Marine Fisheries.
cupofjoe04
AG
Sq 17 said:

Yes. Because they are Aggies. In every truest sense of the word, they are Aggies. The ring and diploma are no different. The education is no different, other than the unique degree programs. In my time at TAMUG, we worked extremely hard to provide the same experiences and student life at Galveston. Many students actually got a double dose, as we would do Midnight Yell on Thursday at TAMUG, then have loads of people travel up together to Yell at Kyle on Friday, and stay for the full game day experience on Sat.

I have been privileged to go back down to TAMUG for a few Former Yell Leader events since graduating. The campus has grown and evolved SO MUCH, and in so many wonderful ways. They are really doing some truly amazing things there. Student culture is outstanding.
Aggie92ss
Could just get the daughter to do it for game one and see how it all works.
Tejas Ag 10
AG
Didn't know the Galveston campus had a football team.
JPN06
cupofjoe04 said:

Sq 17 said:

Yes. Because they are Aggies. In every truest sense of the word, they are Aggies.
GalvestonAg74
Pepe SiIvia said:

Sq 17 said:

Think it's a little different than main campus ring too, supposedly there are palm trees on the Galveston ring but I don't know any sea Aggies to confirm
I know one that recently got his ring. I will check that out. Good question. I doubt the ring is different but it may be.
Greendale 87
AG
All: Texas A&M Galveston is 100% academically aligned with Texas A&M College Station. Same ring, same diploma. This is also true of the Higher Education Center in McAllen....and also Qatar for that matter (at least for another few years until they shut down).

Galveston, Qatar, and McAllen are the only true "satellites" of the Texas A&M University which grant the same degree and benefits as undergraduate students in College Station have (I'm not sure how ticket pull works in Qatar though). On the professional school front, Law in Ft. Worth, Dental in Dallas, and Pharmacy in Kingsville are also 100% part of the Texas A&M University in College Station.

Texas A&M Corpus, Kingsville, Texarkana, etcetera are part of the Texas A&M "SYSTEM", not Texas A&M University. When in doubt check out the school colors....if they are Maroon and White you are an Aggie. Others are Texas A&M System Members but not aligned with the Texas A&M University in College Station.

Some insight - this whole issue has been a marketing problem for TAMU Galveston (as evidenced by some of the comments on this thread) as the campus is often confused with other "System" members like Corpus, San Antonio, West Texas, etcetera and not generally considered as simply an extension of the Texas A&M campus in College Station. Next year the "Galveston Campus" will actually have three parts referred to as the TAMU School of Marine Science and Maritime Studies, the TAMU Maritime Academy, and an overflow Engineering School Campus officially part of the College of Engineering in College Station (not a probationary program like Blinn - you're accepted into A&M as an engineering student there is just no room left in College Station).

Rant over!! Hopefully this is useful info for anyone considering being an "Aggie by the Sea".

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.