Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Colton Thomasson to portal

9,981 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Aggie0956732
P.U.T.U
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bill Superman said:

GigEmReggie said:

We're going to have to patch together a portal OL for the next few years at this point. The 2025 class absolutely needs to be a home run and I'm not sure it's going to be.
Have you seen our '25 OL class so far or is this something that sip told you? It's off to a great start.
I would say it is off to a good start, we have failed year after year at getting a stud OT and so far we still don't have one. But we also have a lot of time
Ag_0112358132134
Bill Superman said:

Ag_0112358132134 said:

Our hit rate on O line recruits has been abysmal.
Jimbo's hit rate?

Our head coach for the last six years? Yeah, our hit rate.
Spotted Ag
AG
GigEmReggie said:

Lol at acting like hemorrhaging a young 4 star OT is no big deal. We're not exactly chock full of those.
Did you watch him in the spring game? Guy had no shot against our d linemen. They were literally running right by him.
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
NewEra2023
AG
As did they Fatheree and Crownover. The scout DL did that to them.
AgDotCom
Spotted Ag said:

GigEmReggie said:

Lol at acting like hemorrhaging a young 4 star OT is no big deal. We're not exactly chock full of those.
Did you watch him in the spring game? Guy had no shot against our d linemen. They were literally running right by him.
I object to that observation. Guys who never played football and who assign star ratings know more than those who actually coach or play the game.
AWP 97
AG
Bill Superman said:

GigEmReggie said:

We're going to have to patch together a portal OL for the next few years at this point. The 2025 class absolutely needs to be a home run and I'm not sure it's going to be.
Have you seen our '25 OL class so far or is this something that sip told you? It's off to a great start.

I noticed you use the word "great" a lot. Either you or I don't know what that word means. I wouldn't call two low four stars and two three stars a great OL haul. Obviously, time will tell but I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that this will not wind up as a great OL haul. However, I really hope that I'm wrong but law of averages says that I'm not.
Redfishag93
I disagree.
Fatheree and crownover were much much better than Thomason in the spring game.
The Agly Duckling
I was so glad when we signed Colton, and I still am. That said, if it's better for him to go elsewhere, I totally get it.

I wouldn't trade signing him at all just because he's leaving now.

God Bless, Colton, and Gig 'em! You'll always be an Aggie.
C2 Ag 93
We've crippled a generation. Social media, over-parenting, NIL, announcing their transfers as if they are all celebrities...
rlb28
AG
carl spacklers hat
So, reading between the lines here, he wasn't SEC caliber if his transfer destination is one of SMU, Baylor or UTSA. No harm, no foul, he just didn't develop into a player who was ever going to see the field at A&M. I wish him best of luck.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
NoahAg
rlb28 said:

Not sure why this is so funny to me. Top three portal destinations, congrats?
Aston04
AG
Let's be honest - good chance he was processed to make space. Still an Aggie.

Only wish him the best.
Aggie0956732
He saw a little bit of playing time in 2 non conference games last year.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.