Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Top NIL Earners in CFB

5,351 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by Meximan
Johnsy3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Edit: if you can't see the whole tweet, Evan Stewart comes in at #10 with $1.3MM
Jack Boyett
AG
How do they get this information?
B-1 83
AG
Impossible!!!!! I've been told repeatedly by sip friends that Manning is playing for free!

Edit: Like clockwork, someone showed up in the OPs link in that same state of denial…..
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Johnsy3
AG
Not sure. I have the same question.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Jack Boyett said:

Tax returns, they aren't the president
JG88
Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln
Only Fans Director
Jack Boyett said:

These ON3 dollar amounts are their NIL VALUATIONS.

They are just estimating the value they POSSIBLY could earn.

"The On3 NIL Valuation is the industry's leading index that sets high school and college athletes' projected annual value (PAV) by combining Roster Value and NIL.
A proprietary algorithm, the On3 NIL Valuation establishes the overall NIL market and projected 12-month growth rate for an Athlete by measuring two categories: Roster Value and NIL.
The majority of dollars Athletes earn is based on their Roster Value. Roster Value collects data from all school collectives, players, and representatives using a proprietary Roster Management algorithm. NIL value measures the licensing and sponsorship market through exposure and social media influence. Roster Value and NIL combine to create the overall On3 NIL Valuation."

https://www.on3.com/nil/news/about-on3-nil-valuation-per-post-value/
Proud father of an Aggie undergrad!
cevans_40
AG
Only Fans Director said:

Jack Boyett said:

These ON3 dollar amounts are their NIL VALUATIONS.

They are just estimating the value they POSSIBLY could earn.

"The On3 NIL Valuation is the industry's leading index that sets high school and college athletes' projected annual value (PAV) by combining Roster Value and NIL.
A proprietary algorithm, the On3 NIL Valuation establishes the overall NIL market and projected 12-month growth rate for an Athlete by measuring two categories: Roster Value and NIL.
The majority of dollars Athletes earn is based on their Roster Value. Roster Value collects data from all school collectives, players, and representatives using a proprietary Roster Management algorithm. NIL value measures the licensing and sponsorship market through exposure and social media influence. Roster Value and NIL combine to create the overall On3 NIL Valuation."

https://www.on3.com/nil/news/about-on3-nil-valuation-per-post-value/
Basically, they just make it up
Alex580
AG
I read on the website and they say they come up with these numbers based on their in house algorithm, so its just ON3s opinion on what these players are worth and not what they actually got in NIL. Tweet is very misleading it seems.

Only Fans Director
cevans_40 said:

Only Fans Director said:

Jack Boyett said:

Basically, they just make it up
I wouldn't doubt ON3 has a well thought out formula to estimate these valuations.

ON3 provides a lot of useful data on players and teams so they must have some good in-house numbers people.

Check out their team portal rankings. They factor in a lot to determine if the school actually improved talent with the portal incoming and outcoming.
greg.w.h
AG
Guessing is not data based…
AG
Alex580 said:

I read on the website and they say they come up with these numbers based on their in house algorithm, so its just ON3s opinion on what these players are worth and not what they actually got in NIL. Tweet is very misleading it seems.

I agree. Those numbers are WAY too low.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
The payroll for each big school in north of $15 million. Role players make between $200-$300k, starters make more than that, star players/QBs way more.
Only Fans Director
greg.w.h said:

The only data they don't have is the actual value of each contract the player makes with the collective/3rd party.

So if a player tweets they have a new car they can easily factor that as discrete monetary value.

For NIL deals tied to promotions for clothing, sports supplements, etc.....they don't know what they are getting paid to promote the products.

They also do not know the terms of the NIL deal. The money could cover a season, semester, or year.
TAMUallen
AG
Made up numbers with zero information to support
harge57
AG
Nebraska head coach said a starting caliber QB in the portal cost about $2M last year.
W
AG
good think A&M let Stewart walk

crazy to be paying him that much
B-1 83
AG
So……is Manning making $$$$$$$$, or not?
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
fightinag
It's all based on what type of vehicle they are driving...........

Arch Manning in his Maserati vs. Conner Weigman in his Chevy bolt
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
greg.w.h
AG
Only Fans Director said:

greg.w.h said:

The only data they don't have is the actual value of each contract the player makes with the collective/3rd party.

So if a player tweets they have a new car they can easily factor that as discrete monetary value.

For NIL deals tied to promotions for clothing, sports supplements, etc.....they don't know what they are getting paid to promote the products.

They also do not know the terms of the NIL deal. The money could cover a season, semester, or year.
So you agree On3 fabricates numbers. A car can have a much lower monthly cost than assuming full price. In fact comping the car still has a price to the athlete and they get zero money and valuing what they do get is a bit misleading.

Same thing for everything else you hand waved to try and make it a lot more substantial than it is. It is in the interest of the athlete and his agent to let incorrect information gather since they can deflect with actuals things like tax liability. Kind of like Sumlin using "interest" from NFL and college teams to get a significant deal.

Into solid substantiation is presented, On3 has made up numbers with no substantiation. Snake oil for the masses…
TyperWoods
B-1 83 said:

Impossible!!!!! I've been told repeatedly by sip friends that Manning is playing for free!

I'm surprised they didn't say he was paying tu for the honor of being on the team
greg.w.h
AG
TyperWoods said:

B-1 83 said:

I'm surprised they didn't say he was paying tu for the honor of being on the team
Ive heard that, too!!!
AGDAD14
If their name, image, and likeness is anywhere close to those values, their parents should have sold them to the highest bidder before they graduated high school. The more things change, the more they stay the same! As the world turns.
NowhereMan
This is the list the most overpaid athletes in the history of the world.
TexAggie1999
Sites reporting this BS numbers are irresponsible. As multiple have said, these are just valuations. They no idea how much these players are making in NIL. It could be less. It could be more. Throwing out guessed numbers of "value" is ridiculous.
WC94
AG
Funny how nobody gives a **** about NIL as long as A&M isn't crushing everyone.
Meximan
harge57 said:

Nebraska head coach said a starting caliber QB in the portal cost about $2M last year.
Bumping for this

And given that was insider information being made public and QBs are rated higher than any other position, one can surmise a premier position player (receiver, rush end, impact nose tackle, impact tailback) is probably worth half that, half again for a premier lineman (OT, DT), DB, and athlete, and half again for a premium role player like a tight end or interior offensive lineman. Half it again for a high grade backup and half again for Just A Guy guys.

There are likely outliers, though. At least one QB was set to make, what, $13m or so? When the deal fell through at TN and he wound up at FL (if I'm not mistaken, I'm too lazy right now to look it up).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.