Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What do you expect FWF to say today?

6,142 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 18 yr ago by HowdyTAMU
footballfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
anyone want to take a stab?
bigbear95
quote:
Error 404 - File Not Found
dallasag00
AG
same old crap: injuries, young players, people out of position.
TAMU98AG
"I'm going for two"!
Keegan99
AG
We got a very different FWF after the CU debacle.

Unfortunately, that type of message can only be used once. Using something similar in tone within a month's time will be completely ineffective.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
I would like to see some emotion.
Aggiemon96
AG
BigBear hit the nail on the head...it'll probably be a popup that says "IE Search cannot find the file. The web site may be down or busy, or the coach may be stumped for what to write. May be for the best."
NyAggie
AG
who cares?
Anonymous Source
S
"How about that soccer team?"

Gig 'Em
Scorebook
AG
This team doesn't have any friends anymore blah blah blah.
Aggiemon96
AG
"This is one of those times in the development of a program...BLAH BLAH BLAH."

"I went down to Captain Tony's..."
--Jimmy Buffett

aggiemon96@ev1.net
aggie_2001_2005
something about flyovers, halftime ceremonies, medals of honor....blah blah blah....players get paper thrown at them in class (to help them learn to catch the ball)....they have no friends....we had another great week on the practice field....several athletes went and visited handicapped people....
wxguy95
AG
Its up:

http://www.coachfran.com/news.aspx?id=341
BohunkAg
AG
I would actually like to hear him say something to the effect of "we are playing for ourselves now. We know most of the fans have deserted us and we don't care. We have discussed this with the players and they agree."
wxguy95
AG
He does hint at just that.

Says in no certain terms, 'I'm not making excuses, because you don't want to hear them anyway.'
Anonymous Source
S
This is good...
quote:
But understand that we have identified several players in our offense that we call playmakers and our plan is built around a multiple attack that gets the ball in their hands many different ways.

So is a 270 pound tailback averaging 5.5 YPC not someone you'd identify as a playmaker? I'm not saying "ride his ass to victory", but in 3rd and short situations, play the odds. Same goes for 1st and goal from the 3.

Gig 'Em
Poindexter
I got an A&M credit card.
Cocktails on me!
Now each time I say CHALLENGE, bottoms up!
txaggie05
AG
just read it..lots of words with little substance...what else is new. i had kind of settled down some from the ISU game, but after reading that garbage i'm pissed again. i don't know why, i guess it's the "i'm set in my ways" attitude that i picked up from it. i don't know what to think anymore
BohunkAg
AG
quote:
just read it..lots of words with little substance...

I'm not sure he could have said anything that would have made many people happy. I'm not sure what you expected to hear.
GhengisKhan
From FWF:
quote:
Other than a few coaches who look at recruiting news, our staff does not spend time on the Internet and this week we didn't spend time with emails or letters, either.

I guess the any further letter writing campaigns are out of the question.
txaggie05
AG
yeah, i know. i just wish he would just say he probably f'd up and leave it at that. sometimes one sentence would almost be better.
JoeAG
AG
"Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and fock the prom queen."

Sean Connery

Did anyone else sense a little hostility in Fran's message, I guess he doesn't like hearing about what he's done wrong.
Old School Wrecking Crew
AG
I thought he said plenty for those of you complaining. I would say that this is the most negative FWF and defensive one I have ever seen, that is for sure. They are definately feeling the heat.

I think that he went into a whole bunch of detail to explain that they put a lot of work in what plays to call when and in what circumstances. I liked that and thought it was interesting.

BohunkAg
AG
quote:
I guess he doesn't like hearing about what he's done wrong.

would you? I think he's got a pretty good idea he screwed up, and now he has to hear about it from jacka$$es like us.
D/FW Ag 96
AG
quote:
Did anyone else sense a little hostility in Fran's message

I guess it's good to some at least some emotion. I think maybe he's finally realized all the talking in the world doesn't count for anything when you're getting spanked at home by a team you were supposed to beat by double-digits.

The only thing that counts now is W's.
JBAggie00
He's defensive and not used to handling the heat.

It's laughable that he keeps repeating himself that nobody will care what he says. How about this, Dennis. Take down your website and worry about coaching.

In fact, I found myself laughing during the entire column. A defensive attitude on behalf of the coaches is not going to make anything better.

Being the keeper of the forest, I really hope that he doesn't believe the drivel that he has put out this week.
BD88
AG
quote:
I think he's got a pretty good idea he screwed up

Which game do you think he is talking about? The 2 point conversion at Clemson, getting ready to punt and having a player tell you "thats not a good idea coach" at Baylor, or the ISU game on 3rd and 1? Its got to be a game this year.
BohunkAg
AG
I get the feeling that he could have said anything, JB, and you and several others on here would have had the same reaction. It's really a no-win situation.
clobberline
so instead of answering the very simple question, we get some convoluted jibberish and what I take out of it is that the staff thinks Lane is not a playmaker, otherwise he would have been given the ball.

And when did they start putting proverbs in the middle of little debbie cakes?

Fran, heres a proverb from the book o'clobberline: 'Win. Or we'll find someone who will.'

[This message has been edited by clobberline (edited 11/4/2005 12:53p).]
aggie_2001_2005
quote:
Obviously, as the game goes on we make adjustments to the plan based on how they are lining up against what we're running. We track tendencies during the game, and we track what plays are working and those that aren't. We go over those thoroughly at halftime and set a plan for the second half.

Am I the only one who caught this??? Damn, now that is some funny shiat!!!

We make adjustments? WOW! Can he point some of these out for me?
aggie_2001_2005
Does Fran realize that the other team makes adjustments too, and that the plays that work in the 1st half arent going to work as well in the 2nd?

Wierd how that works, huh?
Evanhue
AG
I'm so tired of hear/reading about LaDainian Tomlinson.
agobserver
Confusious says...........nevermind
txaggie05
AG
quote:
Does Fran realize that the other team makes adjustments too, and that the plays that work in the 1st half arent going to work as well in the 2nd?

Wierd how that works, huh?

THAT'S CRAAAAAAAAAZY!!
InternetFan02
AG
Defensive! Whiny!

quote:
"Some people asked that question and really didn't care about the answer. In fact, some people right now don't care about anything we say..."

"at this point I don't think it matters much what I say right now because nobody's in much of a listening mode..."

I agree with him though. And I don't care what he says to the media/fans. He is judged by wins and losses, not by how he calls the game. WINNING CURES EVERYTHING.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.