Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What do you expect FWF to say today?

6,182 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 18 yr ago by HowdyTAMU
I bleed maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I would actually like to hear him say something to the effect of "we are playing for ourselves now. We know most of the fans have deserted us ...

That's BS. Maybe a few two-percenters and bandwagon fans have left, but most of us, by far, are still supporting the team, no matter what.
footballfan
quote:
That doesn't mean anybody's wrong to think that we should have done this or that, and could have done this or that, or that we are always 100 percent right. What it does mean is that we've worked very carefully to get in the right play with the right people at all times.

100%!!!! Right now, his goal should be to try to get it to 70% correct calls because in the 2nd half of his last game it looked a lot closer to 25% than it did 100%!

Continously reading all this crap about detail this and detail that and 3 million eyeballs studying everything from the beginning of time to 1000 years into the future leads me to conclude that maybe Fran is building so many trees (details) that he can no longer see the forest he claims he is living in.

aggie_2001_2005
He is never 100% right....never has been, never will be....

nor will anyone else for that matter....

the way that comes off is like they have been 100% right before, but that's me reading too much into it
NyAggie
AG
maybe they should spend less time micro-analyzing and more time lining our guys up to play football and hit somebody in the mouth.

you need one yard on third down, you have aback that doens't lose yards and steamrolls people. sometimes you just have to be tougher than the other guys.
MasterAggie
AG
All I gathered from that is that he says we're all idiots and clearly can't tell what needs to happen on the field. And also if they have that many people watching video every week they're obviously watching the wrong videos!

bigbear95
My reaction: If you coaches do indeed put that sort of meticulous planning into each game, then the fact that we are playing so poorly makes you look even worse.
AgsWinAgsWin
The thing that keeps bothering me about the third and one play is not that Jovorskie didn't get the ball, it's just that he wasn't lined up in the backfield. I understand the "nine in the box, had to check to the outside" rational, but at least having him in there would at least keep ISU honest. It reminds me of RC and not having Toombs in the ball game when we were down on the goal line vs. OU. If you're not going to hand it off to the big guy up the middle...at least make them respect the fact that you might!!!!!!!!
Dad
AG
What's the point of having a site to send a message to the fans if you are going to talk down to them.

I think Fran thinks that he is a genius and aggies are a bunch of idiots.
Seven Costanza
AG
quote:
If Iowa State lines up with nine in the box to stop a third-and-one run, and our quarterback recognizes that and checks off to a play to the edge -- a bread and butter play for us all year with a track record of moving the ball -- then we feel we're in the right play for that moment. Then we have to execute it.

This statement tells me that Fran is incompetent.

His ego is out of control. I guess that Byrne told him that the best way to win over fans is to be a condescending jerk towards them.

[This message has been edited by Seven Costanza (edited 11/4/2005 1:20p).]
NyAggie
AG
I agree Agswin.

at least put J-Lane in the game.
AgKJ
AG
Hulk see lots of words in answer to why Aggies no run Lane. Hulk still confused why Aggies no run Lane. Being confused make Hulk mad.

Hulk think Fran sure likes to say he no read internet. Hulk wonder why Fran always saying he no read internet. Unless, maybe he ... read internet... afterall....

Hulk confused. Hulk SMASH!!
Dad
AG
quote:
His ego is out of control. I guess that Byrne told him that the best way to win over fans is to be a condescending jerk towards them.

Good point.
BD88
AG
quote:
maybe they should spend less time micro-analyzing and more time lining our guys up to play football and hit somebody in the mouth.

Exactly. Most good football teams don't give a d*mn what the opponents are going to do, they stick with what they are good at and you have to stop them. I am just not sure what we are good at.
quote:
Hulk think Fran sure likes to say he no read internet. Hulk wonder why Fran always saying he no read internet. Unless, maybe he ... read internet... afterall....

I was thinking the same thing. You know he is looking. The guy has an ego bigger than Texas and he doesn't like to be second guessed. The more I think about it, this guy is all marketing and little substance. Pull the trigger to fast on this choice.

[This message has been edited by Big Daddy88 (edited 11/4/2005 1:36p).]
Old Style
No excuse for Lane not at least being in the game on that play. NONE! Fran can be all up on CLew's jock strap, but you're not looking for a huge run at that point, just one friggin' yard. If Jovorskie's in, you could have used him as a decoy if the line was so heavily stacked. NO ONE expected Courtney to run up the middle.
Dad
AG
He could have had both of them in for that one play, but the 8 pairs of eyes never thought of that scenario.
GoodAg
AG
Peak Performers? Now, he's quoting a "pop business culture" book? Geez!
wxguy95
AG
Good lord, can anyone here not b*tch about what he said?
regurkmatt
i feel like i just read a break up letter....

good night was he defensive and seemingly egotistical!!
stetson
AG
From FWF:
quote:
But understand that we have identified several players in our offense that we call playmakers and our plan is built around a multiple attack that gets the ball in their hands many different ways.

This may be, but what I question is are we getting the ball in their hands at the appropriate times?

quote:
If Iowa State lines up with nine in the box to stop a third-and-one run, and our quarterback recognizes that and checks off to a play to the edge -- a bread and butter play for us all year with a track record of moving the ball -- then we feel we're in the right play for that moment. Then we have to execute it.

Here Fran provides an example to the above. Yes, we got the ball in the hands of two of our playmakers (Reggie and Courtney), but as AgsWin points out Lane was not even in the backfield. Unless Fran thinks his staff is the only coaching staff that watches hours of video of opposing teams, this set had ISU thinking option all the way and they were right far more often than not.
FTAco07
AG
As far as i'm concerned we need to stop worrying so much about what they are doing and just get our guys coached up and ready to beat the player in front of them. If each one of our guys can beat their guy we'll do just fine.
rotorren
I don't care what Fran says. Until he takes a Stoops-like approach, and admits when he's failed -- IN THOSE WORDS -- I'm not buying it. He's dodging blame, instead of manning up and shouldering the blame -- whether it's from a personal standpoint, or that of a field general who is held accountable for the actions of his troops.

[This message has been edited by rotorren (edited 11/4/2005 2:15p).]
buckmaster
AG
bla bla bla bla, some old crap, what in the hell does he spend countless hours doing? Third and one, smash mouth their A$$. Oh, but no, run a sideways option, buhawaaaaa. 65-17 is my prediction.
MICKAG_03
AG
I always feel better after reading Friday's with Fran...........and I always feel terrible after watching his team on Saturdays.

"let's cut cards fer a poke..."
-Augustus McCrae
Lufkinite
Not sure what you all wanted him to say. It's not like he will or should point out individual coaches or players. It's hard to say we suck, without saying, we suck.
rotorren
It doesn't seem hard for Stoops. He's the first to accept blame. And as I recall, he has three NC appearances in six years, having won one. There is no shame in accepting blame. Fran doesn't need to assign it, or disperse it. He needs to own it.

[This message has been edited by rotorren (edited 11/4/2005 3:51p).]
Outland
Does a peak performer leave Bama in the middle of the night without looking his players in the eye when he's figure out that it's not going to be as easy as they thought it would be when first hired?

"Taxes pay for schools, building roads and people who just don't want to work. God bless'em" - Ned Flanders
Fan
S
For some reason, FWF really depressed me today. The tone, to me, was defensive and it seemed like Fran was talking down to the fans. I don't usually read too much into stuff like this, but it definitely rubbed me the wrong way.
fa85
Since the media has called him and his staff out, I'm sure things aren't so cheery around the Franchione household about this time. It's too bad to with the holidays right around the corner.

Obviously, Fran doesn't give a rats ass about what WE, the fans and supporters of this great university, think. He's got his $2 mil and that's all that matters.

When he and his staff are fired, they'll get to live with the fact that this was the last coaching job they'll ever get at this level. I don't care if he never has to work again, he'll still have to go out in public where people will recognize him and know what his coaching reputation is.

The only thing that will change what I think of him is a nice "I f'd up and will work my darndest to fix the problems. I'm starting with firing my two coordinators who have not performed up to expectations."
BuckhornAg
It's hard work, and we are working real hard. All we can do is keep working hard. That's what it takes to do hard work. We work hard all the time. I work hard. Everybody is working hard.

Except those of us posting.
HowdyTAMU
AG
Are we now supposed to believe that other coaches don't do the same hard work (planning, game film, late hours during the season, etc.)? This is their freakin' job for pete's sake!!!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.