Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

J-Train on 3rd & 4th Downs In 2006

5,098 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 17 yr ago by AgRyan04
Hood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
These stats should be printed out, laminated, rolled up then used to beat Fran over his head until a bald spot forms.
RetiredpostalMarine
Old School Wrecking Crew
posted 8:38a, 11/06/06

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Honestly, if we'd given the ball to Lane twice on 3rd and 4th down from the 2 and he didn't get in, I'd be able to live with this loss. The fact that we have the best short yardage back in college football and we didn't use him when we needed to convert a short yardage situation to tie the game is just mind boggling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXACTLY!!!!!

Exactly!! x 2

We only gave him one chance against Baylor and then tried something else. You keep pounding. How many here believe that Lane would not have scored if we give him the ball twice(if needed) inside the 3?
Sbatch
AG
How did Lane score his touchdown in the OU game?

Just curious. Really.

[Dennis Logic] If it works in the 2nd Quarter it must not work in the 4th Quarter [/Dennis Logic]

[This message has been edited by Sbatch (edited 11/6/2006 8:52a).]
Ag in tu land
AG
POD
Mango
AG
ttt
AW 1880
AG
ttt
Jetpilot86
AG
ttt

Know when to hold em, know when to fold em. Know when to walk away, know when to RUN THE J-TRAIN!!!!!!
PJYoung
AG
I just checked the OSU game. Ryan is correct.
Ice Ag
ttt
XL2Win
wow ... you gotta play the odds.

fran's decision is more than odd
GigemNick
AG
someone needs to tell that to fran!

BTHO nu!!!
AgRyan04
quote:
I just checked the OSU game. Ryan is correct.

Trust me, I looked up each game individually, twice, before I threw this out there.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Check out "Texas A&M & Baseball In No Particular Order"
at tamu-and-baseball.com
aggieclass04
this honestly just ruined my night. disgusting.
XL2Win
ttt
blacksmith21
EFighter
AG
quote:
Know when to hold em, know when to fold em. Know when to walk away, know when to RUN THE J-TRAIN!!!!!

I like...

Thanks for the stats AgRyan04.

[This message has been edited by Ghost_Rider_99 (edited 11/6/2006 11:48p).]
Hood
AG
t
t
t
Farva
quote:
Uh, none of those teams where Lane got his numbers has nearly as good a defense as Oklahoma. Not even close. Apples and oranges. Converting against The Citadel,etc., is a lttle different than converting against OU.

Um, OU is ranked 5th in run defense (rush yards allowed per game) in the Big-12. Kansas is ranked 2nd. OU isn't a power-house run defense. Also, we were handling them pretty well all game. Did you see Lane flatten a couple of those apples?

Also you misspelled "little." HTH.
KRT-1
No brainer.

EllisCoAg
aggieclass04
ttt because this is unbelievable
AgRyan04
Gang, I'm sorry to admit that I actually found a very small discrepancy from when I posted the numbers on Sunday. It actually makes him more impressive, if you can imagine that.

One of his 3rd down conversions against texas tech was a first down but it was also a TD, which I had not realized until I tripled checked my work.

I had counted this as a first down instead of a TD, which I have now edited on the original post.

I have also taken a look at his 3rd & 4th down carries on a carry-by-carry basis but the formatting here is a little difficult so I am putting it up on my website. Essentially it shows that on 16 of his 18 non-TD conversions he has picked up more yards than he needed to convert.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Check out "Texas A&M & Baseball In No Particular Order"
at tamu-and-baseball.com
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.