Arsenal 2023-2024 Thread

168,599 Views | 3724 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by chjoak
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gougler08 said:

Well Man U won't be coming in with any momentum for Sunday…getting waxed by Palace

We need to jump on them early and they'll quit
I was worried about that match, but now I'm not. But there's still time for me to think about it and get worried again
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
At this point, I overthink every match and think that we could lose to even a U10 trans-mens' team.
Agthatbuilds
What in the Ted lasso hell???
wangus12
AG
Rumors that Zubimendi only wants to play for Xavi Alonso and will follow him if/when he takes over at Real Madrid.

We may switch over to trying to get Frenkie De Jong. Not sure I really want to do that because he's had a ton of injury issues the last few years
chjoak
AG
Compilation of various sources RE our MF search for the summer......

- We have backed off Zubimendi. Arteta wants him but the player wants to play for Xabi Alonso. Current rumor is that Real told Xabi that next season will be Ancelotti's last and he is the pick to replace him and that is why he opted to stay another year at Leverkusen. Zubimendi is also aware of this and is holding out for a move to Real next summer.
- Supposedly Frenkie de Jong is now on our radar and Barca is looking to move him on this summer. Saw him described by a guy that is both a Barca & Arsenal fan as "a more press resistant and less physical Declan Rice".
- We have been linked to Onana (Everton). Everton are supposedly asking 70m GBP. Arteta/Edu were interested but not that interested and have since moved on.
- We are being linked to 19yo Benfica DM/CM Joao Neves. He is young, has high potential and is signed through 2028. He will not be cheap.
- Arteta/Edu like Bruno G (Newcastle) as a 6. If they decide to pursue a 6 (with Rice staying at 8) he will be very high on their list. However, they are not interested in paying his 100m GBP release clause.
chjoak
AG
beat my by a few seconds

Quote:

Rumors that Zubimendi only wants to play for Xavi Alonso and will follow him if/when he takes over at Real Madrid.

We may switch over to trying to get Frenkie De Jong. Not sure I really want to do that because he's had a ton of injury issues the last few years

I was looking into that and this season has been his worst with 12 league matches missed with 2 separate ankle injuries. Last season I think he missed 7. Prior to that it was a max of 4. This season is the exception because his last injury was late in the season but going back to his last year at Ajax, he has 30+ app and 2500+ min in league every season.
wangus12
AG
Gotcha. I guess I felt like it was much more recently.

I did see something that if Bruno G leaves, it'll either be to play with Pep (City) or abroad
chjoak
AG
wangus12 said:

Gotcha. I guess I felt like it was much more recently.

I did see something that if Bruno G leaves, it'll either be to play with Pep (City) or abroad
I think Bruno has something against us. We were linked to him leaving Brazil & France and I think he may have took it personal that we backed off both times. In that case I hope he leaves England. I could see him going to PSG (deep pockets + CL), Atletico or maybe Barca if they sell FdJ.
TXAggie2011
AG
PJYoung
AG
wangus12
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

That's who Trossard reminds me of. Ljungberg. Dude was a very clutch player
TXAggie2011
AG
I gotta get me one of those Sega shirts with the original crest
chjoak
AG
Jorge signs a 1 yr extension
agdoc2001
AG
I am shocked that he signed a 1 year deal. Figured at his age, he'd definitely be looking for 2.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
chjoak
AG
I was surprised by that as well. Must really want to stay.
First Page Refresh
Page 107 of 107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.