*** UEFA Champions League 23-24 ***

17,722 Views | 393 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by deadbq03
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mike Elko
AG
The Don hath spoken. (Sums up my thoughts, too.)

Mathguy64
AG
Furlock Bones said:

I AR and ref were too quick. But he was off. The arm doesn't count because it can't play the ball.

The highest of the 3 is not relevant. He never played the ball and didn't impact play. The middle player is almost certainly onside. You can't see Rudiger's foot and that would be the determining factor. But based on his leg that you can see? This was a bad call. Plain and simple.
agsalaska
AG
I just finished watching the game, in Spanish, and have watched little of this thread. I'm sure that call is the number 1 topic.

In the end I think he was offsides. I get why Bayern is upset and am sure they have a great argument and any can understand why people would like that to go to VFR.

But I wouldn't overturn that call. The defender would have never played the ball back inside if the offsides player didn't make a play on the ball. Just because the offensive player got beat to the ball doesn't make him not offsides. He was offsides when the ball was played and the officials got it right IMHO.

The first half was lame but a great ending.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Furlock Bones
AG
Does anyone really want Tuchel after his end game management today? I think he made every wrong move. It was like prevent defense in the nfl. Only he didn't have a multiple touchdown lead. He had a single goal lead and he took all of his attack off. One equalizing goal and they were toast. Even if that last ditch goal by Bayern counts, they are not winning in extra time with what is left on the field.

agsalaska
AG
Yes I felt the same way
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Mathguy64
AG
If it really was offside, wonder if UEFA will release a SAOT picture? They would have the data. If they don't, that would be pretty telling.
deadbq03
AG
Outcome of the call is kinda moot… it should've never been flagged that early or whistled dead.

Just really odd that a crew that's one of the best in the world would have such an error.

That throw-in fiasco in the first half was really bizarre too… and also involved that same AR.
deadbq03
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Does anyone really want Tuchel after his end game management today? I think he made every wrong move. It was like prevent defense in the nfl. Only he didn't have a multiple touchdown lead. He had a single goal lead and he took all of his attack off. One equalizing goal and they were toast. Even if that last ditch goal by Bayern counts, they are not winning in extra time with what is left on the field.

I agree 100%.

And despite all my griping about the officiating, there's no doubt this was the "right result" in terms of which team was far better on the day. First knockout game this campaign where Madrid looked like they're supposed to look and dominated, so hats off to them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.