Somewhere Clay Travis is crying

2,789 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Iowaggie
cityagboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Great post
Carlo4
AG
Big market teams doing big market things. LA, SF Bay, New York/Jersey, Philly, Boston.

Big reason why it's up this year.

Iowaggie
AG
How "lucky" the NBA is to just happen to have that in a year when TV rights deals are starting to be negotiated.
Iowaggie
AG
Also, today must be a record on this board. There have actually been 10 threads with activity in the last 24 hours.
Probably hasn't happened since Dirk, Duncan and Hakeem were all active at the same time.
Woods Ag
AG
I don't watch games during the season but I've watched every game of the playoffs that I could the last few years. The talent of the nba is back to what it was in the 90s and it's great basketball. The regular season is blah but the playoffs have been extraordinary
Texas A&M
You may want to tap the brakes a little bit. If it ends up being Denver/Miami in the finals, you'll probably see pretty bad ratings.
Woods Ag
AG
That'll be a great finals.. this isn't a product of who's in more than it's a product of great basketball games
GrayMatter
AG
I hate to say it because I love watching my favorite team win the championship year after year, but having different teams win the championship is kind of exciting.

We shall see what the mid-season tournament will do for the popularity of the sport.

It's definitely an interesting wrinkle they've added to the season and I like that the NBA isn't afraid to try new things.
Iowaggie
AG
My feeling in looking at this mid season tournament is that the ratings will be decent, depending on what NFL teams are doing. The semifinals/finals are 12/7 and 12/9 (Th/Sat). This is the weekend after NCAA FB championship games (weekend of Army/Navy game) and the NFL has no Saturday games yet , but Pittsburgh plays New England on Thursday night football.

My guess is that the Saturday ratings will do pretty well for NBA ratings in December.

The regular season games that count toward the seeding of the tournament are Tuesday/Friday, so again, it looks like they are avoiding the NFL and most NCAA FB.

While I don't think the casual NBA fan will tune in to watch other NBA team games, they might tune in to watch their own team's group play and the quarterfinals.

I guess one interesting thing is that if your team doesn't make the quarters/semis, other games are "scheduled" at that point. I'm not sure how that will work, but we'll see.

If Aggie football is doing well, I probably won't care that much. If they already have 4 losses before the calendar turns to November, I'll probably be much more into the NBA tournament.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.