***Official 2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

196,129 Views | 4527 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by shack009
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Infection_Ag11 said:

Refs gave you a gif there and your star misses the FT

Don't wanna hear anything about the refs

I remember when Dirk missed one in '06 in the same situation. But he was actually a good FT shooter, unlike Luka.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
HawthornAggie
AG
Frick that sucks
shack009
AG
It's so ****ing annoying that we are by far the better team and this series is 2-2…
Infection_Ag11
AG
That's the most disastrous loss for the Mavericks in at least 13 years, since that incredible blown lead the 2011 first round to Portland. Probably worse since that loss didn't cost them home court in the series. I think you have to go back to that 2010 Spurs series.

That's the kind of loss coaches used to cut a random bench player for in the offseason to make a point.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DannyDuberstein
AG
PatAg said:

Lol what arr these refs doing

Seemed delayed but on replay it was a fairly **** attempt at fouling
zgolfz85
AG
Can't believe grant is giving okc credit. They didn't do ****
PatAg
AG
Kidd needs to catch heat for some substitution and lineup choices . We shot abysmal from the FT line, but still should have won
Iowaggie
AG
FTs
OKC 23/24
DAL 12/23 (52%)
PatAg
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

That's the most disastrous loss for the Mavericks in at least 13 years, since that incredible blown lead the 2011 first round to Portland. Probably worse since that loss didn't cost them home court in the series. I think you have to go back to that 2010 Spurs series.

That's the kind of loss coaches used to cut a random bench player for in the offseason to make a point.

You're just dug in on calling the series over after the 1st game, lol. Can't recall a single positive comment you have made all series. It gets old
HawthornAggie
AG
That was definitely one where we eliminate all hope for the other team. Gotta close those out.
mncag
PatAg said:

Kidd needs to catch heat for some substitution and lineup choices . We shot abysmal from the FT line, but still should have won

Kid stinks they win in spite of him
shack009
AG
PatAg said:

I'm no Kids apologist, but other than that weird lineup for a minute to end the 3rd, there wasn't anything that bad tonight.
Infection_Ag11
AG
To add insult to injury, this felt like game three in the 2006 Finals where a previously passive DWade figured out he could get to the paint at will and either score or get a foul call. SGA in the 4th took over in a similar way and players like that tend to keep doing across games once they realize they can.

This has OKC in 6 with SGA dropping 40 the next two games written all over it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Kidd's role is to basically roll the ball out and keep Luka and Kyrie happy. It wins if they hit FTs
shack009
AG
mncag said:

PatAg said:

What do you want Kidd to do differently that would have won the game tonight?
94chem
Stars about to do what the Mavs should have done.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
zgolfz85
AG
Luka with 7 TOs
94chem
zgolfz85 said:

Luka with 7 TOs

Seemed like more.
94chem,
Infection_Ag11
AG
PatAg said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

You're just dug in on calling the series over after the 1st game, lol. Can't recall a single positive comment you have made all series. It gets old

It's because I haven't bought into the lie that Dallas is clearly better than OKC. Dallas has uglied the series up enough to make OKC look like they haven't all year, but at each teams best OKC is a more efficient, explosive offense and just as good a defense. They're a better team on their best night and they looked like they figured some stuff out in the last 15 minutes or so of game action tonight.

Dallas can't beat OKC if they figure it out, and they certainly can't do it when they give away home games. Dallas has to hope OKC forgets that 4th quarter entirely going forward.
PatAg
AG
Kidd goes to 3 bench players early in the 1st when we are smoking them, kills all our momentum and lets them back in the game.
He runs out kyrie, green, hardaway 2nd half and lets them close the gap.
He takes out Jones Jr and puts in Hardaway down the stretch, it doesnt go well (predictably). You cant put Hardaway in if he isnt "ON" that game.
Kyrie has to look to score more while we dont have Luka near 100%, Luka isnt going to be able to just go on 12-0 scoring runs on his own. Its not that he had a bad game, and it would be an excellent facillitator game if Luka is putting up 35 pts.
Kyrie has to be in the 20s this series.
Just a very frustrating game, but I think we should still feel strong about the rest of series.
Infection_Ag11
AG
mncag said:

PatAg said:

Kidd had nothing to do with this loss
shack009
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

To add insult to injury, this felt like game three in the 2006 Finals where a previously passive DWade figured out he could get to the paint at will and either score or get a foul call. SGA in the 4th took over in a similar way and players like that tend to keep doing across games once they realize they can.

This has OKC in 6 with SGA dropping 40 the next two games written all over it.

Eh, they could do some things in the 4th because Kyrie got his 5th foul and there were moments where PJ let SGA go by him because he was scared of getting a foul call. SGA also realized early that they weren't going to call him for a push off and he did it all night.

He's going to get his, but we are better everywhere else.
Infection_Ag11
AG
PatAg said:

Kidd goes to 3 bench players early in the 1st when we are smoking them, kills all our momentum and lets them back in the game.
He takes out Jones Jr and puts in Hardaway down the stretch, it doesnt go well (predictably). You cant put Hardaway in if he isnt "ON" that game.
Kyrie has to look to score more while we dont have Luka near 100%, Luka isnt going to be able to just go on 12-0 scoring runs on his own. Its not that he had a bad game, and it would be an excellent facillitator game if Luka is putting up 35 pts.
Just a very frustrating game, but I think we should still feel strong about the rest of series.

We missed 11 free throws, had 7 unforced turnovers and missed 6 uncontested shots inside 15 feet. And we lost by 4.

Blaming Jason Kidd is ignorant casual nonsense
Coachbro20
Kidd is not out there bricking free throws.
PatAg
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

PatAg said:

We missed 11 free throws, had 7 unforced turnovers and missed 6 uncontested shots inside 15 feet. And we lost by 4.

Literally said we should still have won teh game because of the missed FTs and bad turnovers.
I also said that Kidd should catch heat for poor decision making. The two arent exclusive.
Just go back to posting only negative posts all series, it clearly gives you joy in life.
rsf0626
Luka is just a shell of his MVP self rn. He hasnt had a single playoff game yet thats resembled the superhero from previous playoff runs. Kyrie is playing really timid and scared and refuses to do anything scoring wise in the 1st half of games. The defense is good but everything else is bad.

Also how does a professional basketball team only shoot 50% from the free throw line? Totally unacceptable
rsf0626
Coachbro20
OKC was +11 at the free throw line with basically the same exact number of attempts as Mavs…that's the reason Mavs lost, not Kidd
mavsfan4ever
AG
This loss was mostly on Luka. We can't expect to win when our mvp candidate shoots 30% from the field, 22% from 3, has 7 turnovers, misses the game tying free throws with seconds left, and has multiple plays where he doesn't get back on defense. Sure, he had a triple double, but he was very bad compared to what we need him to be.

Plus, he gave up the corner three late to Chet bc he was doing his dumb fake injury thing that he always does. He was holding his leg like it was about to fall off and gave up a wide open corner three to Chet that we never recovered from. That's inexcusable any time but especially with 1-2 minutes left in a tight playoff game. If it wasn't Luka, maybe I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was really hurting. But he does that fake limp or knee trap multiple times a game. And of course his leg was fine when we have the ball on the very next possession.

Luka has been much better in half court defense this postseason which is great to see. But he still has a lot of growing up to do.

The good news is that I think we still win the series because we are the better team in my opinion. But man, he's got to focus more and quit *****ing so much and faking injuries all the time. It's so frustrating. I know that's not going to magically change in the next couple of games but it has to next season and thereafter.
PatAg
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

This loss was mostly on Luka. We can't expect to win when our mvp candidate shoots 30% from the field, 22% from 3, has 7 turnovers, misses the game tying free throws with seconds left, and has multiple plays where he doesn't get back on defense. Sure, he had a triple double, but he was very bad compared to what we need him to be.

Plus, he gave up the corner three late to Chet bc he was doing his dumb fake injury thing that he always does. He was holding his leg like it was about to fall off and gave up a wide open corner three to Chet that we never recovered from. That's inexcusable any time but especially with 1-2 minutes left in a tight playoff game. If it wasn't Luka, maybe I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was really hurting. But he does that fake limp or knee trap multiple times a game. And of course his leg was fine when we have the ball on the very next possession.

Luka has been much better in half court defense this postseason which is great to see. But he still has a lot of growing up to do.

The good news is that I think we still win the series because we are the better team in my opinion. But man, he's got to focus more and quit *****ing so much and faking injuries all the time. It's so frustrating. I know that's not going to magically change in the next couple of games but it has to next season and thereafter.
he's not faking. Hope this helps you.
shack009
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

PatAg said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

It's because I haven't bought into the lie that Dallas is clearly better than OKC. Dallas has uglied the series up enough to make OKC look like they haven't all year, but at each teams best OKC is a more efficient, explosive offense and just as good a defense. They're a better team on their best night and they looked like they figured some stuff out in the last 15 minutes or so of game action tonight.

Dallas can't beat OKC if they figure it out, and they certainly can't do it when they give away home games. Dallas has to hope OKC forgets that 4th quarter entirely going forward.

How do you think it's a lie that we are better but simultaneously think we gave this game away in a statistical outlier game.

We shot ourselves in the foot all second half, the officials were absolutely terrible tonight, and we still only lost by 4.
PatAg
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

PatAg said:

congrats on reading a box score, not casual at all
HawthornAggie
AG
Mavs shot 41% from the field and 34% from 3
Thunder shot 38% from the field and 26% from 3

Mavs had 88 shots from the field and 23 free throws
Thunder had 92 shots from the field and 24 free throws

Mavs had 47 rebounds with 12 offensive boards
Thunder had 45 rebounds with 12 offensive boards

Mavs had 13 turnovers
Thunder had 7 turnovers

Mavs shot 52% from the free throw line (12-23)
Thunder shot 96% from the free throw line (23-24)
Infection_Ag11
AG
We're the better team only if OKC continues trying to play offensively like they did in the regular season. Dallas came in with a plan for that and has executed it well. But Dallas also is expending so much energy on that plan defensively they clearly have tired legs and can't run away from the Thunder offensively. If OKC decides to play more conventional offensive sets like they did in the second half Dallas is in trouble, because suddenly they caught Dallas overcommitting anticipating all the backdoor cuts and dives they usually do and they got some open looks.
shack009
AG
They also just won a game by 4 points where Luka and Kyrie scored 27 total points.

I appreciate your approach to analyzing the game, but sometimes just watching helps too. We are better than them.
mavsfan4ever
AG
He 100% is faking when he limps around on defense or limps and doesn't get back on defense when he turns it over. How you can not see that is beyond me. If he's acting like his leg is broken on defense and then magically is fine 5 seconds later when he has the ball on offense, then he's playing it up. It's euro soccer type stuff and drives me insane. Lebron used to do it too. It's the playoffs, we don't have time for that.

I know he's beat up, but it's clear when he's doing a fake limp/injury to put on a show.

Hope that helps you.
First Page Last Page
Page 89 of 130

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.