Jontay Porter - Lifetime Ban

1,443 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by MookieBlaylock
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Bet against the Raptors
Disclosed private league information to betters
Pulled himself from games to hit the under
MookieBlaylock
AG
Never heard of him

Still don't care as the league has fixed games since it's inception
Guitarsoup
AG
He;s the less talented little brother of Michael Porter, starter on the Nuggets.
jr15aggie
AG
So he managed to win $20,000+... the NBA League Minimum is over 1 Mil per season. I'll never understand the mentality of some people.
Guitarsoup
AG
jr15aggie said:

So he managed to win $20,000+... the NBA League Minimum is over 1 Mil per season. I'll never understand the mentality of some people.
I think he was on a two-way, so not making that much but he has over $2mm in career earnings and his brother will be at $200mm in career earnings when he finishes the contract.
EastSideAg2002
Iowaggie
AG
Perfect fall guy for the league. A two-way guy on a bad team whose disappearance doesn't really impact anyone.

I'm just glad the NBA has never had one of it's all time greats have gambling issues. The type of player that has his own shoe, wins MVP, and is widely regarded as the GOAT. The type of player that the league would only marginally investigate so as to not have to lay the hammer down on.
Matsui
AG
He should be banned for life. Idiot.
mavsfan4ever
AG
There's no way he didn't have a kick back on the parlay that was going to pay out $1.1 million as well. This whole thing is so dumb. The videos are insane. He acts like the ball is lava on a couple rebounds to ensure the under hits on his props. And also fakes an illness.

The fact that he and the gambler thought they could do a huge bet or parlay on player props without being noticed and raising major red flags just shows how dumb they are.
Señor Chang
AG
I'm not a sports bettor, but I'm surprised they offer prop bets on a backup averaging 11 minutes per game and 3.7 ppg.
Guitarsoup
AG
Señor Chang said:

I'm not a sports bettor, but I'm surprised they offer prop bets on a backup averaging 11 minutes per game and 3.7 ppg.
He didn't even have an NBA contract. He as on a two-way contract, which means he spends most of his time in GLeague.
The Porkchop Express
jr15aggie said:

It's an addiction. People with addictions do things to perpetuate the addiction that make no sense to people without one.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
EastSideAg2002
Not a good week for the fam

Coban Porter, brother of Nuggets' Michael Porter Jr., sentenced to prison in fatal DUI crash

Iowaggie
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

Coban Porter, brother of Nuggets' Michael Porter Jr., sentenced to prison in fatal DUI crash

And now other brother, Jevon, also arrested for DUI.

Guitarsoup
AG
Iowaggie said:

EastSideAg2002 said:

And now other brother, Jevon, also arrested for DUI.

Imagine getting a DUI two weeks after your brother gets 8 years for killing someone driving drunk.
Harry Dunne
jr15aggie said:

Its a disease. You probably know more people that have thrown their careers away with drugs and alcohol, but it's no different.
MookieBlaylock
AG
It's not a disease neither is substance abuse
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.