Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Put EEV on your radar

4,805 Views | 207 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by Saw Bones
WATER TOWER
How long do you want to ignore this user?
its at 95 right now, could be too rich for my blood, but i hate missing the good ones
McInnis 03
AG
Excellent, jumped in at 80 and change.

So this is what hope and change meant?
WATER TOWER
grr
McInnis 03
AG
Going to continue to ride the runup. I'll set a stop at about 90 once the market opens and see if we can stay above that for another day or two. I'll readjust as necessary. At least, that's my thought process right now.
bigbear95
I'm with you McInnis. I'm moving my stop up to $90 this morning.
claym711
AG
Interesting that we gained very little overnight with all of the emerging markets tanking....little ways to go to the open though.

I'll probably take a profit if the DOW has another big down day...I said before in this thread that I did not think it would trend above 9400, and it was more likely that it would move back towards 8500 than above 9400. It spent a day above, and is coming back down. With nothing but bad news coming out day after day, it might be headed back to test the lows.
McInnis 03
AG
I set my stop for 88 to see if I can give it some wiggle room, looks like it may need it too as it's in the 91's right now.
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
I got out of EEV yesterday afternoon and into DXD.

This represents the first time i have played inverse ETF's, and i must admit i feel a little dirty.

Lets see this baby touch a 7 handle!
JeffHamilton82
FXP is outperforming EEV so far today which is good for me. However it was mediocre execution on my part of switching from EEV to FXP. Executed better, I could have made $3 more per share which would be almost 4% additional. Just another example of how I'm halfway decent at some parts of trading and pretty bad at other parts.

I'm holding for now. I'm considering selling around 11 and buying back in later IF we get a big morning dropoff over the next hour plus, say down to 8750 (that is not a firm number just an example). IF that occured, then I might sell and bet on a lunchtime rally. I'll post here after I do.
McInnis 03
AG
Out at 96.015, for reference in at 80.89.
JeffHamilton82
McInnis - excellent!!! I'm holding a little longer because I don't think I'm getting fair value. Back to you - 20% in 2 days! Keep that up and you'll have a nice stash a year from now!
McInnis 03
AG
any thoughts on SCC?
McInnis 03
AG
BTW, your help Jeff has been very beneficial, I really appreciate reading your input here. Whether you're right or wrong, I like being able to look from your point of view along with the others that are posted.
JeffHamilton82
SCC is ok, not quite as much movement typically as an eev, fxp, dug, etc. The other issue for me is volume. There are some of the ultra and ultrashorts that I don't play because there isn't enough volume for me, but that may not be a problem for you.
gonemaroon
AG
I have a sell order in at $100, bought $88's yesterday, 94's after hours yesterday, and 91.50's this AM. It's not reacting as volitile as I thought it would this morning. It's around the same % movement of SDS and QID for more risk...
claym711
AG
I too expected EEV to react with more volitility.
claym711
AG
I want to sell at $100

...but Europe is probably going to close down -200 (even with the big rate cuts), the DOW will probably close down between -100:-300....and I cannot imagine that the asian markets will be up after that.
McInnis 03
AG
Wondering if I should be watching EEM now to ride back up.....
McInnis 03
AG
EEEV at 98's now.
gonemaroon
AG
Yes, I just pulled my $100 offer... time to get greedy. Europe is getting SMOKED... we'll end down 5%
claym711
AG
I think Oct 27 establishes pretty well that EEV/EEM react drastically to the DOW...foreign markets tanked worse than we did yesterday, and EEV/EEM did not gap up/down overnight.
claym711
AG
Crystal Ball time Jeff, do we go back and test the 8500 area to close the week?
gonemaroon
AG
We need some decent news not to now. If we close around here and open up down tomorrow I guarentee there'll be a sell-off at the end. All cheerleading on CBNC has ceased... and CNBC west has horrible news regarding Asia and Europe. Europe just waxed interest rates and markets are tanking.
JeffHamilton82
sold fxp at $95 and bought dig at $30.95, playing the lunchtime rally. Wish me luck!
mtony77
AG
What do you think about DUG right now Jeff, hold or sell?
mtony77
AG
Sold DUG, don't want to be to greedy. Can't complain about making $6 a share. Now I have to figure out the next play.
McInnis 03
AG
Triple digits for you EEVers, $100
McInnis 03
AG
I put in a limit buy at $27.50 on DIG but I don't think it'll get there today, but ya never know these days.
Hornographer
Is anyone still in EEV?
Saw Bones
Me. 18 shares at $91.77. Pretty much all my gamblin' money.
claym711
AG
I'm still here
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
McInnis or Jeff- How long (or what sell price target) are yall looking for with DIG right now?
McInnis 03
AG
I can't decide if I want in DIG at $30 or to wait and see if it goes into the 20's tomorrow and hold for a 10% pop or so.
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
Im thinking im gonna hold off on DIG until tomorrow morning.
tmanAg08
AG
Hit my EEV stop at 97, in at 84. I'm happy with that. Glad I kept moving my stop up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.