Good Cessna Article

900 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by aggiedrjdub
AggieSports
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://theeagle.com/sports/college/aggiesports/womens_basketball/cessna-a-m-will-have-to-work-things-out-without-rogers/article_c78ae9a4-d11c-11ee-bb90-3beb73539fa6.html

I believe Robert Cessna nailed it on his evaluation of our program the past three years. It's such a shame that we were really starting to come into our own before Rogers went down. I believe in Coach Taylor's ability to rebuild our program into what it once was, but she's had a lot of misfortune these first 2 seasons. We definitely upgraded our roster from last season, but we need to do it again to provide some quality depth.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Yes - we are definitely better than we were last season. Give Hylton the ball and let her start IMO. She has the biggest upside. The combination of KK and Hylton can't seem to stop picking up fouls, and that's a problem, though. Sole hasn't been available. We live in a time where athletes miss more games for injuries than in years past. I'm not saying it's good or bad. Just an observation. Were we tougher back in the day, or just stupid for playing thru it? I guess there in lies the debate.

My biggest issue with coach Joni is her refusal to take time outs and stop runs when her team seems lost and confused. It's almost as if she's content to get 20 plus points behind before stopping the bleeding. No first half timeouts is maddening to me. BUT, that's her coaching style and I'll just have to get used to it.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
hcrt74
AG
Joni not calling time outs has been aggravating. Seems like there have been several games this season when the opponent runs us out of the gym in the 2nd quarter, causing us to crawl out of a deep hole to try and win the game. Calling a time out during these stretches would kill the momentum of the other team and give us the chance to stop the bleeding.
aggiedrjdub
AG
We need some shooting guards from the portal. We just have nobody we can rely on consistently.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.