*** NCAA Tournament 1st Round 11 Texas A&M vs 6 Nebraska ***

12,547 Views | 163 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by aggiedrjdub
aggiedrjdub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gap said:

What a horrid close to the game.

Nebraska can't score and you foul away from the ball and give them 2 free throws for the lead.

Then, you don't work through the only player scoring for you with the game on the line, pass up an open shot, and drive into a 1 on 3 and turn the ball over.

Wide open 3 for the win. Air ball!

Everything matters and we just waste too many "things".

Pretty spot on here. Can't miss 9-10 layups and win many close games. Great effort to come back from 17 down after playing 3 pretty horrendous quarters. Every. Possession. Matters. We just have too many stupid turnovers and don't value the ball when we have it, and then when you need to play great defense you give up an awful foul and throw the Nebraska girl to the ground on an inbounds play. Just unbelievable that after 4 years and one of the most senior on the team that you haven't learned how to defend without fouling at that moment. This team has to get so much better in the off season and if we don't pick up more players like AC from the portal (who was also playing hurt but still balled out bc she ain't no wuss!), it will be a long climb.

Congrats to AC - player of the match. If we had one more player that could have matched that effort, that would have been an easy win.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
AggieCrew44
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

taylorswift13_ said:

Endiya Rogers has clearly been hurt all game, she hasn't been able to run like she usually does, couldn't make shots, didn't play as much, she is clearly hurting, why do we draw up the three for her…

We went with the Jimbo level stupidity on that.

How TF do you not get Coulibaly the ball at all in last two possessions?

What do they teach at USA basketball? Use your best player as a decoy with the game on the line?
We got a wide-ass open three for our best shooter off a down screen where they doubled Coulibaly. Basically used her as a decoy for a great look

It was actually a great design. I'd rather her take that then force it to a covered Coulibaly 10 times out of 10

And YES using her as a decoy is a great thing. Y'all act like we didn't throw it to Lebron
FTAG 2000
AG
AggieCrew44 said:

FTAG 2000 said:

taylorswift13_ said:

Endiya Rogers has clearly been hurt all game, she hasn't been able to run like she usually does, couldn't make shots, didn't play as much, she is clearly hurting, why do we draw up the three for her…

What do they teach at USA basketball? Use your best player as a decoy with the game on the line?
We got a wide-ass open three for our best shooter off a down screen where they doubled Coulibaly. Basically used her as a decoy for a great look

It was actually a great design. I'd rather her take that then force it to a covered Coulibaly 10 times out of 10

And YES using her as a decoy is a great thing. Y'all act like we didn't throw it to Lebron

I'd rather any player with two good legs and not 1/7 on the night shoot it.

Hell you can run that same staggered screen for Coulibaly.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Lebron would have at least hit the rim lol
AggieCrew44
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

AggieCrew44 said:

FTAG 2000 said:

taylorswift13_ said:

No you can't. The whole point is they are gonna double her

It was a great play. We got a wide open shot with less than 2 seconds on the clock. That's all you can really ask for. Everything else is nitpicking
AggieSports
AG
AggieCrew44 said:

FTAG 2000 said:

AggieCrew44 said:

FTAG 2000 said:

taylorswift13_ said:

It was a great play. We got a wide open shot with less than 2 seconds on the clock. That's all you can really ask for. Everything else is nitpicking

You're right. They actually had 3 girls on Coulibaly. No way they were letting her touch the ball. We got an open look. Gotta knock it down.
sharpdressedman
Nm
aggiedrjdub
AG
We have to be proud of this team. They've come a long way. 2 years in and we are better than where we started. Ware would have helped so much but it is what it is. Let's hope we get stronger and stronger over the summer.
fitzwatema
AG
Tough loss, but hopefully it is a learning experience for the team and they can build on it for next year.
fitzwatema
AG
Also, the Aggies made more field goals than Nebraska, but Nebraska shot a whopping 22 free throws making 18 of them. The Aggies were 8 of 9 on free throws, that's the game right there. The foul difference was huge 23 to 16.
Gap
AG
I'm really pulling for this program - players and coaches.

I'm frustrated because this game was there for them early mistakes and lapses and all.

However, stepping back, we played the entire season without Jada Malone and Kyndall Hunter who we know what they would have given us and been difference makers. A freshman, Erica Moon, also missed the entire season due to injury.

Head up, this program is still one the way up and climbing.
FTAG 2000
AG
AggieCrew44 said:

FTAG 2000 said:

AggieCrew44 said:

FTAG 2000 said:

taylorswift13_ said:

If they had coulibaly tripled then there were two others who should have gotten the pass first.

I swear some of you just think Aggie athletics can do no wrong even whilel losing. Enjoy the mediocrity.
Houstonag
AG
Did not see the game but according to the posts here we really lack focus and discipline,.
monarch
S
Accurate statement, but that is the biggest problem with the majority of women's basketball. To many teams are like that and unfortunately we are one of them. Give the ladies credit. They got this far with a lot of injuries this year. Next year they will do better.
Peace for Ukraine!
fitzwatema
AG
Gap said:

I'm really pulling for this program - players and coaches.

I'm frustrated because this game was there for them early mistakes and lapses and all.

However, stepping back, we played the entire season without Jada Malone and Kyndall Hunter who we know what they would have given us and been difference makers. A freshman, Erica Moon, also missed the entire season due to injury.

Head up, this program is still one the way up and climbing.

Also did not have Lauren Ware for this game which hurt offensively and defensively. I am looking forward to seeing what they can do in year 3 under Coach Taylor.
AggieCrew44
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

AggieCrew44 said:

FTAG 2000 said:

AggieCrew44 said:

FTAG 2000 said:

taylorswift13_ said:

If they had coulibaly tripled then there were two others who should have gotten the pass first.

I swear some of you just think Aggie athletics can do no wrong even whilel losing. Enjoy the mediocrity.
Realizes he's wrong

Resorts to the classic "enjoy mediocrity"

Great argument
Reno Hightower
taylorswift13_
fitzwatema said:

Also, the Aggies made more field goals than Nebraska, but Nebraska shot a whopping 22 free throws making 18 of them. The Aggies were 8 of 9 on free throws, that's the game right there. The foul difference was huge 23 to 16.
and they got into the bonus really quickly each quarter, to start the 2nd we were called on 3 off ball fouls within 40 seconds and Janiah had 3 fouls with 7 to go in the second as well…
aggieFann
The ending of this game reminded me of the game against Georgia. This may be an unpopular opinion, but it seems that either Coach Taylor is not comfortable with drawing up plays in crunch time and/or the ball should not be in Barker's hands in crunch time.

Either way, we improved from last year which is what we all wanted. But we really need a PG and Jada back for next year,
Houstonag
AG
Then we really need to recruit the right players and help them grow. I see the frustration on Taylor's face during the game. I think she is good but recruiting is the key.
aggiedrjdub
AG
True. The possession before that when it was tied and we had a chance to take the lead, she drew up a play for Barker. Barker received the pass for a wide open 3 and then decided to drive into the lane where she was immediately surrounded by 3 people and turned the ball over. Was it a foul? Yes, I think so. Was it called? No. We just lack the experience outside of AC to make the right decisions at the right time. Next possession we foul on the inbounds play and surrender the lead for good. Situationally, we aren't smart.

This is why so many were asking for AC to touch the ball in the last 3-4 possessions. She makes things happen and was clearly in the zone.
WBBALLFAN84
Houstonag said:

Then we really need to recruit the right players and help them grow. I see the frustration on Taylor's face during the game. I think she is good but recruiting is the key.
Recruiting is important but developement is equally important, if not more. I applaud staff for going out and getting Endiya, Lauren and Coulibally, they have been the leaders on the team. My only question is, has any of the players the coaching staff recruited gotten better from year 1 to year 2? I would love to hear thoughts.
aggiedrjdub
AG
WBBALLFAN84 said:

Houstonag said:

Recruiting is important but developement is equally important, if not more. I applaud staff for going out and getting Endiya, Lauren and Coulibally, they have been the leaders on the team. My only question is, has any of the players the coaching staff recruited gotten better from year 1 to year 2? I would love to hear thoughts.

Janiah has definitely 100% improved. She still has moments of crazy sloppy fouls and on the offensive side, questionable shots, but she has gotten much better imo.

Idk how I feel about the others. I think They others played about as well as they could and were developed about as well as they could be developed.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Any portal news? Last year we were late to find out about AC.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.