CFB no country for old men

1,993 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by maroon barchetta
Texas velvet maestro
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NIL and transfer portal w unionization coming.

What a beatdown. Sure the money is good, but can it be fun to coach young men in the game of football?
If I loved the game enough to do it for a living I'd rather coach HS.
LOYAL AG
AG
I think we're going to see a lot of turnover from the older coaches who likely already have **** you money in the bank and don't care for how the game is changing. College football is a complete mess right now and is probably going to get worse before it gets better.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
vin1041
AG
Sabin calling it quits says a lot!
Loyalty
AG
Texas velvet maestro said:

What a beatdown. Sure the money is good, but can it be fun to coach young men in the game of football?
100%
chlavinka
AG
Unionization would be a mistake. As long as there is no collective bargaining- and plaintiffs lawyers exist - there can be no rules.
tford12
AG
I think unionization would be good for the sport (compared to the current state)

Define them as employees.
Give the athletes a % of the conference TV revenue, which should provide every scholarship player in the SEC and BIG with a healthy base rate. NIL still available for the superstar level players
Once they are defined as employees, they sign 2-year deals, with 3rd and 4th year options,
If an athlete chooses to transfer, they have to sit a year unless there is a change in their Head Coach, position coach, or one other coach of their choice
LOYAL AG
AG
tford12 said:

I think unionization would be good for the sport (compared to the current state)

Define them as employees.
Give the athletes a % of the conference TV revenue, which should provide every scholarship player in the SEC and BIG with a healthy base rate. NIL still available for the superstar level players
Once they are defined as employees, they sign 2-year deals, with 3rd and 4th year options,
If an athlete chooses to transfer, they have to sit a year unless there is a change in their Head Coach, position coach, or one other coach of their choice

How many women's sports do we lose or where does the money come from if the first answer is $0? This isn't just about football unless there's some clear indication that Title IX is not going to be an issue in a world where the athletes are employees. I appreciate the need to stability in a sport that's spinning out of control but you have to see the full picture.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
AgDotCom

Agree 100%. HS football may become my sports opiate of choice, though I feel you need to go to 4A games and below to be pure these days.

Those of us who played sports for the love of the game and love of our team are the same ones who, as fans, made college football what it is used to be.

Any of you ever been in a college letterman's lounge on gameday? I've have...... A&M's and Baylor's. They are something to behold, a brotherhood of guys ranging in age from 25 to 75. With NIL and the transfer portal letterman's lounges will disappear in 20-30 years as the last guys who gave a **** watch most of the others die off.
BillYeoman
High school players can get NIL as well. However, the UIL is stronger on transfer rules than college.

Transfer portal and NIL has taken the starch out of college football. We are now following minor league football.
Shoefly!
AG
BillYeoman said:

High school players can get NIL as well. However, the UIL is stronger on transfer rules than college.

Transfer portal and NIL has taken the starch out of college football. We are now following minor league football.

For some strange reason that's not the case around Dallas and Houston on transfer rules, I can't pinpoint the reason.
Texas velvet maestro
AgDotCom said:

Agree 100%. HS football may become my sports opiate of choice, though I feel you need to go to 4A games and below to be pure these days.

Those of us who played sports for the love of the game and love of our team are the same ones who, as fans, made college football what it is used to be.

Any of you ever been in a college letterman's lounge on gameday? I've have...... A&M's and Baylor's. They are something to behold, a brotherhood of guys ranging in age from 25 to 75. With NIL and the transfer portal letterman's lounges will disappear in 20-30 years as the last guys who gave a **** watch most of the others die off.
It's just gonna be plug and play for a lot of the colleges. A player's allegiance or dedication to one university will be a rarity. It's just getting too complicated. F all this and bring back the street agents.

Back in the day some public high schools could stack a team, but you usually had to get an address in your district for the kid's family.
maroon barchetta
Like when Derrick Harris moved from Angleton to Willowridge.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.